• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2023
Hey, is there a place where you can battle trainers to get money a part from the pokemon league because I want to take some pokemon out of the daycare centre but i'm out of money

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hey, is there a place where you can battle trainers to get money a part from the pokemon league because I want to take some pokemon out of the daycare centre but i'm out of money

You can battle in the Nimbasa City stadiums. The levels of the opposing Pokemon there depend on where you are in the story. However, you can only battle the trainers in them once a day.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
Yes. Nimbasa City's Big Stadium and Small Court. You get lots of money there. You get most money from athletes. And if you have Amulet Coin you get double money. It's fast way to get money and exp.

Years

Yeah, Platinum recommends the stadiums in Nimbasa, also you can battle a Trainer at the Ferris Wheel that changes depending on the season and your character's gender.

There's also two Ace Trainers in Opelucid City who you battle in a Rotation Battle (Black) or Triple Battle (White), one of the Ace Trainers uses Simisear, Simisage and Simipour while the other uses Mienfoo, Pawniard and Elgyem.

And on Marvelous Bridge, if you have tough Pokemon, Ace Trainer Glinda can also battle you in a Triple Battle (Black) or Rotation Battle (White).

There are also some Trainers in Black City/White Forest but if you're playing Black, Black City's Trainers can be battled every day.

And after beating the Elite Four and Team Plasma you can battle Cheren at Victory Road.

Also, after beating the Elite Four a second time as well as Champion Alder, you can battle Bianca in Nuvema Town on weekends.

Use a Pokemon holding an Amulet Coin or Luck Incense to double your rate of money earned.

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Feb 24, 2012
I realize this might not be the best place to ask this, but it seems like these forum mods like to censor threads. Either way, it is a quick question!

Is there any benefit to buying a new pokemon game (from Emerald-Black/White), or are used games just as good? The main reason I ask is that more and more games have online content that is only unlocked to the first person that registers online/etc, and I wanted to make sure that wasn't the case here.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I realize this might not be the best place to ask this, but it seems like these forum mods like to censor threads. Either way, it is a quick question!

Is there any benefit to buying a new pokemon game (from Emerald-Black/White), or are used games just as good? The main reason I ask is that more and more games have online content that is only unlocked to the first person that registers online/etc, and I wanted to make sure that wasn't the case here.

There's nothing like that with B/W. Feel free to buy used.

Cresselia*

Ace trainer
Years

I suppose not, but I always buy my games new, or download them(shame on me). I've never bought an used one, because you have a great chance the user has hacked it with some creepypasta-like content. So I think the best is to buy! ;D

Years
  • Age 40
  • Seen Feb 24, 2012
I suppose not, but I always buy my games new, or download them(shame on me). I've never bought an used one, because you have a great chance the user has hacked it with some creepypasta-like content. So I think the best is to buy! ;D

If they hack it, and have a corrupted save file, won't everything be erased and reset when you create a new game?

matoucs

Trainer
Years
Hi guys, haven't played since june so i wanted to know if DW Torchic is finally "legally"obtainable or are people still trading hacked ones ?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hi guys, haven't played since june so i wanted to know if DW Torchic is finally "legally"obtainable or are people still trading hacked ones ?

There was a Japanese event from Nov. 2010 to Aug. 2011 that let you get DW Hoenn starters. So yeah, but that's the only way.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2011
Defeatist (ability)

Defeatist (ability) - Why does Archen have this ability? It drastically weakens him.

What makes Archen a good choice despite this ability or is it just a very weak pokemon? i.e. does he get stronger stats, or better abilities?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Defeatist (ability) - Why does Archen have this ability? It drastically weakens him.

What makes Archen a good choice despite this ability or is it just a very weak pokemon? i.e. does he get stronger stats, or better abilities?

Archen and Archeops have excellent (Special) Attack and Speed stats, as well as a pretty good offensive move pool. They were most likely given that ability because GameFreak didn't want them to rip everything in sight to shreds. Also, Defeatist is the sole ability of Archen and Archeops.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2011
Klutz

why would i choose Klutz for a pokemon?

whats the benefit of stopping the effects of items on my pokemon

-----

Question 2:

Is there a place where people post their IDs? so we can all trade with each other? I wouldn't mind adding a community of people rather then my 3 friends i know in real life with this game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
why would i choose Klutz for a pokemon?

whats the benefit of stopping the effects of items on my pokemon
The move Entrainment, which the Buneary line learns along with having Klutz as one of their potential abilities, gives the enemy the user's ability; that is, the foe could be given Klutz and be unable to use their own item.

Also, say you wanted to pass an enemy a negatively-affecting item (ex. sticky barb) without it activating on yourself.
This can also work defensively, say if the enemy used Trick or one of various thieving moves; I don't think anything with Klutz can learn Trick itself though.

Those are the only positive uses for Klutz I can think of. Note that abilities are not meant to be solely positive, for instance Klutz on a Golett is just pointless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back