• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Yup @ the above moves. It looked like either Bubble or Bubblebeam to me for Froakie, but the other two definitey seemed to be Leech Seed and Fire Spin. Vine Whip sort of needed the boost anyways, 10 PP for a 50 base power move was a little low don't you think? Kind of what they did with Mega Drain and Giga Drain.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
but they said the starters were single types anyway. as for their evolutions, well, chespin learns rollout SOOO.
He's refering to the rumor of two type moves, not that chespin is unitype. I hope the two type move doesn't come true, unless if it's a fusion of two moves (that work similiar to the Oaths of Gen V)

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
but they said the starters were single types anyway. as for their evolutions, well, chespin learns rollout SOOO.

You seemed to have misread
There's been a rumour going around that Pokemon MOVES themselves, not the Pokemon, the moves will be dual typed, this screenshot totally debunks that rumour.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Honestly I'd say the dual type moves rumour has been officially debunked thanks to this 1 screenshot:
may_p5_4.jpg

There simply is no room for a second type icon

The rumor of a move having two types at the same time is certainly debunked, but it is still plausible that a move can transform to another type. Just sayin', a move turning to another type isn't completely farfetch'd. Hidden power is an example and another example is Judgement of Arceus.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
That rumor technically isn't debunked yet (as I'd prefer it to be), as it never stated that every move is dual-typed. I mean, things like Tackle and Vine Whip or pretty much solidly single typed, so it doesn't really prove or debunk it at all. We'll just have to wait and see.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It could be a new move that is duel type...that'll be something special. If it does exist I'll hope that they keep it limited to one Pokemon. Maybe they could even give it to a Pokemon with a 4x weakness like Marcargo.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh oops blame my cold but my point holds true, Chespin learning rollout could possibly hint to grass/rock or grass/ground imo.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Oh oops blame my cold but my point holds true, Chespin learning rollout could possibly hint to grass/rock or grass/ground imo.

Miltank knows Rollout and she's only normal type so Chespin having Rollout doesn't really hint it's next type, if anything it knows Rollout cause well, it's a hedgehog, and they roll into balls, it's basically Chespin performing a spindash

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Apparently, the starters get their STAB moves at level 5:
Spoiler:

Also, check this out; yes, I'm aware that it's already confirmed that Chespin gets Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip and Rollout:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
A move that changes type during battle is completely different than a move that is two types at once, or one that is a variety of types but only one at once.

If during battle a move were to be random (50% chance of being one type, 50% chance of being another) that would ruin a whole lot of strategy that the game is known for having. Strategy means having as little chance as possible, and critical hits are this game's incorporation of chance.
Imagine you're against a Gym Leader, who has a Dark Pokémon (I wish), and your Pokémon has Fire Punch, now a Fire/Fighting attack, and Jump Kick, just Fighting. Would you risk using Fire Punch? Of course not! Imagine you select it, it randomly uses the Fire type, you don't do much damage, and the enemy uses the opportunity to knock out your Pokémon.
So in the end, why would you even have Fire Punch? It's too risky when you don't know which type it will be, even for casual players. At least Hidden Power, while random, is only one type ever. And you can control what type Judgment is. They are predetermined, even if they are not always the same.

And if the attack is just simply 2 types at once, there WILL be a huge problem with STAB and weaknesses. And if the attack will only use one type to determine STAB or weakness, why bother with the second one? A new type is one thing, but dual-typed attacks I feel will just make it more difficult for newcomers or young children to understand (and probably even series veterans), and STAB and super effective hits will be everywhere.

I know this was kind of a long rant, but of all the things listed on PokéBeach, I think dual-type attacks are the most absurd. The fact that the source on PokéBeach was correct about the English names is one thing; he could still be wrong about the others, or have made them up.

(And that extra battle system for Flying and Levitate Pokémon? So you can't battle certain trainers without Flying Pokémon, considering how Rotation and Triple battles went. That seems a bit extreme.)

blue

gucci
Years
Wow, I've been away from the PC for a few hours and come back to find all these images and a new trailer. After watching that I really think these games are gearing up to really stand out from the crowd! Even just after looking at some screenshots I'm much more excited for these games than I was for Black & White and you can get new outfits and accessories too.

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Good catch! It appears like Musicals or Contests will certainly be making a return. I'm hoping for Contests in the style of the anime to make an appearance. The new graphics definitely allow for that sort of thing to be able to happen.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Good catch! It appears like Musicals or Contests will certainly be making a return. I'm hoping for Contests in the style of the anime to make an appearance. The new graphics definitely allow for that sort of thing to be able to happen.

Since Kalos is France, contests are pretty much a given
I have just thought of something though, It's quite possible that gym leader Elesa might make a cameo, since Kalos is France, and France is famous for fashion and beauty, it'd make sense for a fashion model such as Elesa to appear there.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Helioptile sounds odd. Is that pronounced "He-lee-ohp-tile"?

Fletchling is ok I guess, it sounds a bit uninspired though. Gogoat is nice although it sounds like you're stuttering when you mention it. Panchum seems pretty obvious now that I look at it. "Punch em" or "Panda + Chum"

Its Pancham. Panda + Champ.

Since this is pretty big, i thought it would be best to create a specific thread for it. The English trailer gave the names of four new Pokemons and they're the same as The guy gave Pokebeach. This probably means that following are also Confirmed :

Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.

Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).

Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.

The professor's English name is Patrice.

The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.

The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.

A few attacks will be dual-typed.

There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.

You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

Massive Changes !

Most if that is fake. Sylveon is Supposedly fairy...she's STRONG against Ice. Ice isn't listed in her SE list. Therefore that Fairy type list posted is fake. Either because they list Sylveon as Fairy or because they did not include Ice type.

Apparently, the starters get their STAB moves at level 5:
Spoiler:

Also, check this out; yes, I'm aware that it's already confirmed that Chespin gets Tackle, Growl, Vine Whip and Rollout:
Spoiler:

They might have just been put like that for the screen shot. Its not that uncommon for them to do things like that especially when showing off the game. As for Froakie using Quick Attack, that was what the rumored attack from the original trailer was. Back when everyone was wanting Froakie to be Fighting type. With how fast he moves in the trailer it makes sense that it was Quick Attack.

9.jpg

Does the second icon at the bottom confirm Ribbons as a major inclusion in this game?

No, that's achievements as far as I can see. They have that on B/W/B2/W2. You can still get things like Effort Ribbon and Champion Ribbon. Downloaded Pokemon have the Premier Ribbon as well. That page was renamed Achievements I think for the Pokemon. So far there hasn't been any other representation for ribbons and contests to return. It doesn't look like they are doing the Special stats for contests either.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
It might be that the they have the fourth moveslot selected, and since there is nothing there it's just question marks? However there isn't really any visible cursor over it or any of the other moves, so it beats me. It also looks like it's faded out and non-selectable too, so I guess I have no idea =x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back