• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The 3DS is the best thing to happen to Pokemon since GSC

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I'd argue just the games being released at the same time internationally is more important for the franchise than it being on the 3DS.

It's already implied that they being released on a new handheld (3DS) will bring about a graphics overhaul and as I stated previously, I think the 3DS will be cracked eventually.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I'd say the DS itself was better than GSC due to being able to wirelessly play with others and simply put your system to sleep when you needed to stop playing instead of worrying "oh no, I have to save but I'm in a battle," making Pokémon a truly portable experience, but I digress. I do think that the option of surprise is nice.

But everything is crackable, isn't it? I hope no one does it, but the announcement of this game means that more people might work towards it...unless that isn't possible, but I really don't know how these things work @@
Still, I'd love to be kept in the dark. It made B2W2 much more enjoyable for me than DPP, HGSS, and BW, all of which I spoiled myself rotten on.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
By the time October comes around they might already have cracked the 3DS. I've already been hearing rumblings about it.

So don't get too carried away.

I do look forward to getting the game on launch day and not being spoiled. The only problem is you have to remember that people will probably be getting their games delivered from amazon a day or so earlier. So the last day or so before release will be difficult.

I hope Nintendo don't start announcing all the pokemon, I hope they stick with revealing other things like what old pokemon will be in the regional dex and maybe a little information about the region itself.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I must be missing something here....

I just avoid spoiling the games for myself by choosing to not read spoiler information. Nobody puts a gun to my head and forces me to read it in the first place, so whether or not it's actually there or not makes no difference. For instance, I had pretty much no idea what was in White when I first started playing it (which was only a couple of months ago) just because I didn't seek out and read or watch spoiler information. I knew that the grass type starter evolved into some kind of snake like thing, and that the fire starter picked up a second fighting type and was the only one of the three to get a second type, and.... that was seriously about it. I just recently started playing Black 2, and I know that there are some previous dex pokemon in it, and it's mostly the same map as BW, but with some changes, and Cheren is a gym leader, and something about a road that's washed away or something, and.... again, that's about it.

I mean - I can see the point you're making - that the (current) inability to crack a 3DS ROM makes it (currently) impossible to open one up and find all the "secrets" and post them online. I just don't see how that's cause for celebration, since anyone who doesn't want to know those secrets (like me) can just not seek them out (like I do) and thus end up being surprised by them anyway (like I am). It really doesn't seem that difficult.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I must be missing something here....

I just avoid spoiling the games for myself by choosing to not read spoiler information. Nobody puts a gun to my head and forces me to read it in the first place, so whether or not it's actually there or not makes no difference. For instance, I had pretty much no idea what was in White when I first started playing it (which was only a couple of months ago) just because I didn't seek out and read or watch spoiler information. I knew that the grass type starter evolved into some kind of snake like thing, and that the fire starter picked up a second fighting type and was the only one of the three to get a second type, and.... that was seriously about it. I just recently started playing Black 2, and I know that there are some previous dex pokemon in it, and it's mostly the same map as BW, but with some changes, and Cheren is a gym leader, and something about a road that's washed away or something, and.... again, that's about it.

I mean - I can see the point you're making - that the (current) inability to crack a 3DS ROM makes it (currently) impossible to open one up and find all the "secrets" and post them online. I just don't see how that's cause for celebration, since anyone who doesn't want to know those secrets (like me) can just not seek them out (like I do) and thus end up being surprised by them anyway (like I am). It really doesn't seem that difficult.

Well, I see your point! But I would like to chime in that it's really hard to go on the internet at all without being spoiled, intentionally or not... but I do understand what you're saying!

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Well, I see your point! But I would like to chime in that it's really hard to go on the internet at all without being spoiled, intentionally or not... but I do understand what you're saying!

I agree with this. For me, all it takes is a small bit of info to be spoiled, and then I've basically lost all excitement on it. Just a brief mention ruins something for me. All someone needs is to have their avatar be Genesect and I've been spoiled. There's no real way to stop that unless you're either off the internet entirely, or if no one knows it exists.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I agree with this. For me, all it takes is a small bit of info to be spoiled, and then I've basically lost all excitement on it. Just a brief mention ruins something for me. All someone needs is to have their avatar be Genesect and I've been spoiled. There's no real way to stop that unless you're either off the internet entirely, or if no one knows it exists.

Exactly! And you can say, "just stay away from Pokemon stuff in general" but I learned about Pokemon X and Y and the entire sixth generation simply because somebody mentioned it on the Code Lyoko tag on Tumblr.

Now, in that case, I was glad to learn about X and Y, but what if it had been something like Genesect, for example? It wasn't my fault that I was on Tumblr reading stuff about an entirely different franchise.

I know this might start sounding silly to people anyway because people might say people are going to post about this once somebody learns about it anyway, but the whole point is that nobody knows about certain things, so the internet is relatively clean.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I may be wrong but doesn't this mean that we won't be able to figure out how the shinies of the new Pokemon look like off the bat?

Don't forget, Shiny Pokemon have a special sparkling animation when they enter battle, so it'll still be very easy to tell if you've encountered a shiny even if you hadn't seen the normal coloured mon.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Don't forget, Shiny Pokemon have a special sparkling animation when they enter battle, so it'll still be very easy to tell if you've encountered a shiny even if you hadn't seen the normal coloured mon.
I think what Raichupacabra meant was, without the ability to hack the coding of 3DS games, we won't be able to uncover all of the shiny versions of each of the new Pokémon instantly without having the rare opportunity of running into one and seeing it for ourselves. For example, usually the internet has all of the shiny sprites available to be seen months before the international release and mere hours after they are out in Japan. But if one can't crack the 3DS coding to uncover them, then it'll take some time before we all know what the shiny versions of the new Pokémon will look like.

Back