• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's Over

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I send my friends little cards with a picture of me hanging out with my new friends. In word-art superimposed on the picture it reads "You weren't cool enough". From that moment on, I make the very conscious to never refer to them as a friend in conversation again but instead say acquaintance. I then make sure to also not contact them anymore, and not see if they've contacted me. And if they have, I ignore those text messages, or send a fake message back reading "this number isn't in use anymore. or this phone recognized your number isn't cool enough."

Because I think friendship is all about social mobility. You just climb the shoulders of 'the lessers', as I like to call them. Because friendships end purely by me deciding to no longer put in effort. If they still do, fuck them, I'm moving up in the world. Soon I will be king and they shall bow before my golden sandals.

I think it's very important, personally, to know when a friendship is ended. Because putting a label on it exonerates me. I'm not messaging them, they haven't messaged them for a year, they don't deserve it anymore. And, yeah, sure, I didn't message them either. I have a clock. 219 days, after that done. Don't try to reconnect, hun.
where's my card

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
all my friendships have ended simply by growing apart and not really speaking to one another. because of this i only really have a very very few number of friends and moreso just a lot of acquaintances because i'm reaaally bad at striking up with conversations with anyone say ... three people outside my family. so whatevs ig.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Usually when I become more and more distant from them and stop talking to them and texting them and stuff. Usually cause they move somewhere else and we take two different paths. So far I've never had a friendship end because of a fight or falling out or any other toxic relationship.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Haven't had friends since middle school. sIgns are lack of communication, lack of caring and arguments

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
usually when we slowly drift away and stop talking as often. or i message them and they leave me on read. or they just..block me all together and we never talk again. happens more often than it should sadly. not lately, but.. it used to happen way too often.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
If you're a passionate person like me, you notice it right away. You begin to start having to twist someone's arm to reply back.
By that point, there's no point in continuing. If you have to FORCE someone to talk to you, then it's not worth it.

That's usually my first sign. Or, I write a huge paragraph of stuff to them and get a single sentence back.
It's like "Yeah, they don't care" and I usually stop replying right there, and they probably don't even notice.

Back