• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TropicalEspeon

I swear to Arceus...
Years
Found a bug: when I try to leave through the gate at the end of the maze past Berry City, after fighting Dratini, the game freezes and crashes.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2021
Pug, Pleasure! How's the Beta going? Just wanted you to know there's at least one random dude hyping like crazy for your work! Any updates? :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
Pug, Pleasure! How's the Beta going? Just wanted you to know there's at least one random dude hyping like crazy for your work! Any updates? :)

Progress is on track! I'm creating the tedious graphical stuff at the moment (tiles, sprites, etc), so I don't have much to show off right now. I'll post another update as soon as I do, though.

I'm glad you're hype. Your hype makes me hype.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
Hey, all. It's been about 7 months since we began working on the beta and it's looking like it'll take several more still until it reaches the length I had planned for. That is, about 50% of the hack not including post-game events. That said, would you prefer we release a beta sooner? It would cover roughly 30% of the hack. To put it into perspective, that covers about 2 - 3 gyms worth of gameplay.

EDIT: Also, keep in mind that the second beta won't take nearly as long in either case because all of the grunt work will have been finished.

I made a poll in the main post, so please vote if you'd like!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Personally for the sake of generating more attention to your thread, I think releasing a beta sooner would be in your best interest, especially while you're still stickied up here!
Personally, I wouldn't really try it out until a lot more progress was made, as I hate the feeling of starting to become invested in something only to have the experience cut short.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
I must have accidentally checked the button that lets you vote twice lol.

Personally for the sake of generating more attention to your thread, I think releasing a beta sooner would be in your best interest, especially while you're still stickied up here!
Personally, I wouldn't really try it out until a lot more progress was made, as I hate the feeling of starting to become invested in something only to have the experience cut short.

Fair point. I'm partial to releasing a shorter beta, too, but I'll go with what the majority votes for.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 31, 2020
Sorry but where is the link for the poll? I'm kinda dum woth forums.
I'm very hyped for the beta. I think it's like "a little taste" u know?
Perhaps 3 gym will be too much just for a sneak peek. Idk.
I'm checking this at least twice a week hoping for news

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
sSXkxsk.png

Hey, all! I'm still working out the graphic-related grunt work, but I thought I would reveal a little feature that I'm personally excited about. Introducing...

kZivjP8.png

Primal Evolution! Certain Pokemon in the region will have special items that provoke their primal instincts and trigger an evolution known as Primal Evolution. Keep an eye out for more details on this!​

Last edited:

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
sSXkxsk.png

Hey, all! I'm still working out the graphic-related grunt work, but I thought I would reveal a little feature that I'm personally excited about. Introducing...

kZivjP8.png

Primal Evolution! Certain Pokemon in the region will have special items that provoke their primal instincts and trigger an evolution known as Primal Evolution. Keep an eye out for more details on this!​

Can it learn Splash twice now?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
if you release early, can you make up a fun ending just for laughs credits . be interesting

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
I?ve been waiting two years for this game it looks so good and I?m not sure about Pok?mon life version

Years
:(
https://prnt.sc/k9ic9u

there is no download link...
i had to google and download it from external source.

EDIT:
I finished current beta. I am blown back. This is amazing, and i have high expectations for what comes next!

Last edited:
Back