• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Map Insertions Into Emerald Cause Other Maps to Change to Its Tileset

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Hello, so in Emerald, when I insert a map which uses a completely different tileset and then I insert a completely different map on a different tileset, sometimes it'll change the previous insertion to that map and tileset. I can still see and edit the map and tileset that is correct in AdvanceMap but when I go to the map in-game, it'll be the same map as the newly inserted map. All the events are still the same for the old map but it just carries over the new map is all. Like it is changing to map header data maybe ? Any data on how to fix would be great.

Years
Which version of AdvanceMap are you using? If you are inserting new maps, I'd have to recommend 1.95 over 1.92 for that specific purpose, as long as "AdvanceMap.INI" has been edited to use the right free space in Emerald. If you are already using 1.95, I think changing the .INI a little should help.

Here's the relevant part of mine, with the highlighted areas to show changes:
Code:
[Version:BPE]
mainfile=ini/Main.ini
mapsfile=ini/Maps.ini
TilesetIni=ini/EmTilesets.ini
Tilesethoehe=32
Teil1Bloecke=$200
SpriteAnz=253
SpritePalettenAnz=27
AnzMapNamen=213
AnzTilesets=74
SuchByte=[COLOR="lime"][B]$FF[/B][/COLOR]
SuchBeginn=[COLOR="Lime"][B]$9C0B20[/B][/COLOR]
AnzItems=376
AnzAttack=354

"$9C0B20" above may instead need to be "$E3CF64" depending on where your free space begins. My ROM has been through my 'Stabilization' tutorial, so my changes wouldn't apply to a vanilla one, for example.

A-Map 1.92 appears to not always consult the .INI file when it comes to using free space and has corrupted stuff for me in the past because of that, but so far I have successfully inserted several maps with 1.95 after these changes and have seen no glitches so far. Hopefully this helps solve the issue.

Last edited:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Which version of AdvanceMap are you using? If you are inserting new maps, I'd have to recommend 1.95 over 1.92 for that specific purpose, as long as "AdvanceMap.INI" has been edited to use the right free space in Emerald. If you are already using 1.95, I think changing the .INI a little should help.

Here's the relevant part of mine, with the highlighted areas to show changes:
Code:
[Version:BPE]
mainfile=ini/Main.ini
mapsfile=ini/Maps.ini
TilesetIni=ini/EmTilesets.ini
Tilesethoehe=32
Teil1Bloecke=$200
SpriteAnz=253
SpritePalettenAnz=27
AnzMapNamen=213
AnzTilesets=74
SuchByte=[COLOR="lime"][B]$FF[/B][/COLOR]
SuchBeginn=[COLOR="Lime"][B]$9C0B20[/B][/COLOR]
AnzItems=376
AnzAttack=354

"$9C0B20" above may instead need to be "$E3CF64" depending on where your free space begins. My ROM has been through my 'Stabilization' tutorial, so my changes wouldn't apply to a vanilla one, for example.

A-Map 1.92 appears to not always consult the .INI file when it comes to using free space and has corrupted stuff for me in the past because of that, but so far I have successfully inserted several maps with 1.95 after these changes and have seen no glitches so far. Hopefully this helps solve the issue.

I use 1.95 always cus I use Emerald and I use offsets > FFFFFF. I repoint all maps to >FFFFFF. I have other maps that successfully have been inserted without changing previous installed maps to theirs. I use map bank #1 for all my inserts because its out of the way. On the 44th map it started doing it but then between the 45th and 51st maps, it didn't. Maybe it is related to a tileset 1 issue? Only thing I can think of because I use new tilesets for each map almost always. It's just weird. I have enough map space now anyways to where I'll just replace existing slots with new map images. So I guess oh well

Back