The PokéCommunity Forums Entertainment & Media Video Games
What are you currently playing?

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Closed Thread

Old February 25th, 2016 (2:25 PM).
Spectre

Valkyria Chronicles.

Spoiler:
    The Empire is full of dickbags.
    Old February 25th, 2016 (3:31 PM).

Nature: Lonely
      SolatoRobo
      for the DS.

A video game that has been discarded and not very widely known. Yet I'm having a blast with it. The game is basically Skies of Arcadia with furries and mechs, minus the ship battles and your main method of defeating an enemy is lifting. With the exception of the last bit, the game is a hell lot of fun; Though lifting your enemy and tossing them around is an odd way of fighting, they give different spins on how to beat it and include other methods of play.

Example, your Red; a 'bounty' hunter of sorts doing odd jobs from hunting down certain people to finding things and doing guard work. The mech can be outfitted with Bi-plane parts to go 'dog' fighting. Go fishing for giant crabs. (Crab battle reference) and just various other things.

If you don't like the gameplay, you can at least enjoy the world they built for it. Endless floating islands and a beautiful scenery from start to finish. I recommend looking up this game can giving it a good run before leaving it. I also strongly recommend you play this on a 3DS with the circled pad joy-stick, while playing on a regular DS is fine, to move in a 3D with with digital pad feels a little cumbersome, it'll be a little better to have a joystick instead.

Old February 25th, 2016 (4:27 PM).

Nature: Naive
        Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. Honestly, it is the best strategy game out there.
        Old February 26th, 2016 (4:38 AM).
        The Hyena

Nature: Jolly
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Kameko View Post
        Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. Honestly, it is the best strategy game out there.
        I was about to say the exact same thing for XCOM 2! XD
        Old February 26th, 2016 (10:14 AM).
        BE YOUR OWN HERO

Nature: Brave
          bravely second and pokemon super mystery dungeon

WE'RE A BROKEN PEOPLE LIVING UNDER LOADED GUN
          Old February 26th, 2016 (12:56 PM).
          the blossom pokemon

Nature: Relaxed
          - Pokemon Yellow VC
          - Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

Nostalgia ho!

Old February 26th, 2016 (2:32 PM).
          Hollow.

Nature: Adamant
          Attacking my backlog, started Escape Dead Island which I had impulsively bought during an Xbox Live sale. It's okay for what it's worth, but it's a step backwards in the Dead Island series as a whole. I also am about to play Saints Row IV and Metro Last Light for the first time soon, as I just bought them both on sale for a total of $15. Can't wait!
          Old February 26th, 2016 (5:10 PM).
          The typo Queen

Nature: Calm
          I've been playing Dr. Mario a lot lately!
          Old February 27th, 2016 (5:39 PM).
          May My Heart Be My Guiding Key

Nature: Gentle
          Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (PS4/ENG) - One good game this year! I didnt expect it to be THIS good and THIS fun! Im training all the time, and having fun with the story! I enjoy this game a lot!

Pokemon: Yellow version (3DS VC/ENG) - Yay Happy 20th Birthday Pokemon! I got Yellow version for now. Since Im moving I wont have too much time, and i will get Red and Blue later on. But I wanted to start out with Yellow! :)
          Old February 28th, 2016 (11:23 PM).
          Tranquilo.

Nature: Quiet
            Project X Zone 2: In short; an improvement to the original in nearly every way. The combat mechanics are more easier to chain now, the tactical RPG elements aren't as repetitive as before in trying to shake things up from time to time, the music is of course solid, but the writing for the localization....oh my GOD it is sooooo damn clever, witty and all around great. They really let a few things pass by like Ryu/Bison shipping, the various fourth wall leans, references to video games outside the games own cast and more. And Segata Sanshiro. For those looking for an alternative to Fire Emblem Fates I cannot stress enough to pick this one up.

Super Mystery Dungeon For the most part I'm enjoying this. It's no Gates so thank goodness for that. If brought back the difficulty while still keeping the newer mechanics of Gates so that's a plus.

Yellow Version 3DS What more can I say? This is like playing through a big chunk of my childhood again. Using that glitch I already caught two Mew hahaha.
            Old February 29th, 2016 (6:00 PM).
            The Phenomenal Darling

Nature: Naughty
              Ryse Son of Rome. There's something about this game i really like and its one of the few games that i truly enjoyed in the XBone. The storytelling, the cinematics, the high level of production value, the soundtrack, and the combat feels so nice, though i wish that the attacks were a little faster. There's something about these Antiquity themed games that fast attack swing and speeds are kinda taboo for some reason. Also, I was watching Gladiator the other day.

Shank. Its the kind of game that was born so people who enjoy pretty violent, intense, and 90s action themed stuff such as myself could enjoy it. The gameplay is exactly what i like when it comes to "old school": 2d sidescrolling but with brutality and a bit of graphic violence to boot.
              Old February 29th, 2016 (8:03 PM).
              Just call me EC.

Far Cry Primal on the PS4, Halo 5 on the XBOX One, and Pokemon Blue on the 3DS.

Games are coming out, and it's glorious.
              Old February 29th, 2016 (9:14 PM).
              Helpful little Angel

Right now...
                Super Robot Taisen 2 GBA

But Recently...
                Banjo Kazooie
                Advance Wars 1 & 2
                Never give up the 10/10's!!

It's not about being cute, funny or handsome... Did I help?
                Old February 29th, 2016 (9:14 PM).
                Helpful little Angel

Right now...
                  Super Robot Taisen 2 GBA

But Recently...
                  Banjo Kazooie
                  Advance Wars 1 & 2
                  Never give up the 10/10's!!

It's not about being cute, funny or handsome... Did I help?
                  Old March 1st, 2016 (4:38 AM).
                  The Phenomenal Darling

With the help of PS2 Emulation through PSXC2 i can finally play some of my long lost PS2 games such as Spartan Total Warrior since I've been talking a lot about this game, as well as the LOTR games The Two Towers and Return of the King, which are fine examples of actually decent movie-licensed games. Also, why LOTR games because i love killing lots and lots and lots of Orcs, but not the Warcraft Orcs. Actually screw emulation with ROTK since a PC version of it actually exists.

As for 3DS, almost done with Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright but I'm holding of completion as i dont want to feel cheated.
                    Old March 1st, 2016 (10:04 PM).

Nature: Impish
                      Currently, I'm playing Project X Zone 2. 11 chapters in, and I'm loving it so far! The references and throwbacks to Namco x Capcom are great. I especially love the interaction between Kite and Haseo, though. Boy, I miss that series so much. ;~;

It's definitely an improvement over the first game, though! Battles are a lot quicker, and there aren't a billion enemies on the map anymore. I also think the music's a lot better in this game too, compared to the first one.
                      Old March 2nd, 2016 (1:59 AM).
                      The Phenomenal Darling

with the magic of ePSXe, Future Cop L.A.P.D aka Police Brutality: The game. Well not really, but its a game for those who like Hi tech cops vs Hi tech terrorists and the Futuristic L.A Crime War setting since ya know, LA in fiction is so good for such themes.
                        Old March 2nd, 2016 (12:30 PM).
                        Radiant Cool Boy

Nature: Mild
                        I'm suppose to be finishing up my Conquest playthrough of FE: Fates, but I've gotten a bit distracted by a few other games. Since I picked up Pokemon Red off the eShop last Friday, I've been devoting some time into that. Also, just got Return to Popolocrois for the 3DS yesterday, and put 3 hours into that last night. It's definitely got charm, and the presentation is pretty damn cute. It has the Harvest Moon elements of farming and whatnot, but there's battles, leveling up, buying armor, in typical RPG fashion too. It's looks they're going halfway with both, which might not satisfying fans of the Harvest Moon games as farming is pretty simplified (No seasons, etc.) But if you enjoy the Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons games, or Rune Factory for that matter, it's definitely worth a try.
                        Old March 2nd, 2016 (10:50 PM).

I've been playing Super Mario Maker and Splatoon pretty much all year. Not much else has gotten my interest sadly. Looking to pick up Fire Emblem, though.
                          Old March 4th, 2016 (6:42 AM).
                          Empty Chairs at Empty Tables

Time for an update!

I don't really have a main game at the moment, persay...I'm splitting my time fairly evenly between Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Megadimension Neptunia VII, Pokemon Yellow, and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

Digimon Story I'm really flagging with it; the story is pretty damned awful. I'm on Chapter 15 at the moment screwing around with a second LadyDevimon so I can get Mastemon. I'll probably do all of the postgame missions, and then leave it alone until I feel like replaying it...I will eventually plat it, because I put a crapton of effort into getting the multiplayer trophy, but I'd need to play up to Chapter 8 to do it because I missed a Victory Uchida card, so...eh. Maybe I'll cross-save and play it on PS4 somewhen around Christmas or something. For now I'll just finish up the story and extra missions, and maybe build up a team of Royal Knights...and Lucemon. Because I spent hours getting a Lucemon FM and I'm going to use it.

Megadimension Neptunia VII is the same. Card Master has really irked me, so I've been playing it slightly less. I'm dreading the hours I'll need to put in to plat it...and I really, REALLY want the platinum trophy for this. But I may just finish the game and leave it alone for a while; I don't have hours to waste opening packets right now. I'm supposed to be clearing my backlog. In which case, I'm nearly done with this. It's been...pretty good. Not quite as laugh-out-loud hilarious as the Re;Birth titles, though.

Pokemon Yellow is equal parts pleasure and pain...pleasure because the nostalgia factor is overwhelming. I probably should have bought Red, but I wanted all three starters, and I have fonder memories of Yellow. Pain because levelling is SO DAMN SLOW. Coming off sixth gen titles it's like trying to level grind in Xenoblade or something. I'm getting absolutely nowhere very quickly. Arrrgh. Got a team of Level 27s, sitting in Rock Tunnel right now. Aiming for 30 for Erika, so I've got plenty of time. Will need to do more than 5 levels per Gym though at some stage, because I want to be at 60 for the Elite Four so I don't get steamrollered by Lance and his bloody Dragonites...

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is just something I feel like replaying...it was either that or God of War, and I haven't had time to go out and buy Ascension, which I've never played. It's not as good as I remember it being, but listening to Sir Patrick Stewart's godly voice for a good two or three minutes before each level makes it worth while. After this I might even get to Lords of Shadow 2, which I've had since launch and still not played. Derp. That said, I spotted Hunted: The Demon's Forge behind my PS4 games earlier, and I did like that game...hmmmm.
                          Old March 4th, 2016 (8:57 AM).
                          The Phenomenal Darling

I'm about to install Shadow of Mordor and tell my weekend to take a breather since I'll be doing that all day. Also, i got it for a really nice deal so its a nice self-reward for a job well done in school. Also, I remember this game being like the "2014" of gaming since people loved talking about this game and I'll finally be able to experience what 2014 was like, at 2016. Time travel baby.
                            Old March 4th, 2016 (9:20 AM).
                            What were you the god of again?

I've sunken at least three hours into Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, and I plan on playing a lot more of it over the weekend. Also played the PS4 port of Deadpool today, but it's so clunky at times? Eck.

On ps3 and vita, I've been using cross-save in Rainbow Moon to progress onward whilst chopping and changing between platforms.

Old March 4th, 2016 (9:41 AM).
                            Mars Adept

Nature: Quirky
                              Return to Popolocrois. It's just charming. I have a farm now, and a wolf companion.

Old March 4th, 2016 (10:54 AM).
                              Memento Mori

Nature: Calm
                              Sora no Kiseki FC EVOLUTION.
                              Hehe, really feels like the the first time... could be because it's literally voiced PSP version =D
                              But well, why changing something that is already fantastic =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
                              Old March 4th, 2016 (7:33 PM).
                              Darkinium Z

Nature: Sassy
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Meloetta View Post
                              Pokemon Yellow is equal parts pleasure and pain...pleasure because the nostalgia factor is overwhelming. I probably should have bought Red, but I wanted all three starters, and I have fonder memories of Yellow. Pain because levelling is SO DAMN SLOW. Coming off sixth gen titles it's like trying to level grind in Xenoblade or something. I'm getting absolutely nowhere very quickly. Arrrgh. Got a team of Level 27s, sitting in Rock Tunnel right now. Aiming for 30 for Erika, so I've got plenty of time. Will need to do more than 5 levels per Gym though at some stage, because I want to be at 60 for the Elite Four so I don't get steamrollered by Lance and his bloody Dragonites...
                              Hah, same here over the nostalgia factor and slow leveling. I'm dealing with the Vermillion City and SS Anne stuff now and my team are around the same levels as you (24-27 range). I find training in Diglett Cave makes leveling up a bit faster, so I tend to play Youtube or the tv when grinding heh.

"Meowth are all right. They don't care who you are or anything."
                              Foul Play [Chapter Four up!]
                              Closed Thread

Quick Reply