• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zygarde banned from OU

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Yeah rip, I didn't even get to test out Core Enforcer.

Haven't been playing a lot recently, but I think Zygarde has sets that can adapt to each of its counters, and that Glare is super annoying. I'm still not too clear on what does and doesn't constitute a ban, but I can only say that I'm sad that it's gone.

Years
I'm in a weird boat I guess. I'm not disappointed by Zygarde being banned but I don't exactly feel it was necessary either. I don't think it really had any more of a stranglehold on OU than Landorus, Toxapex or Heatran as some examples of top-tier mon.

Years
I agree with the poster above. It's only top tier vs the threats it checked I guess. A single ice move or a faster dragon could've removed it easily.

Years
The only set that i would argue that makes Zygarde a really dumb mon is the weakness policy set used on screens. Everything else can be dealt with albeit with little to some difficulty early on. In all honesty i feel that Zygarde was banned mainly due to a stagnant and boring metagame and people desired a change. I do however believe that there were better mons that could have been chosen to take the bullet than Zygarde.

Last edited:
Back