• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Kanto Explorers: Through Time..

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024

Kanto Explorers: Through Time

vmyktgj.png

Story

It has been 50 years since Giovanni successfully created his abominable clone using Mew DNA...Known by his followers as "Mew-X". After his unsuccessful attempts at controlling his first creation, "Mewtwo", he sought to use Mew-X to destroy it. The battle that ensued was so fierce, it caused explosions and ripples through the time vortex itself, completely transforming the landscape and preventing Red from ever being born.

You, the middle child of a Professor who recently believes he has cracked the secret to time travel, must set out to go back in time and stop Giovanni from creating Mew-X in the first place..in order for time to run properly again and our hero Red can be born to save the day!

Oh...and you have a VERY annoying little sister who thinks only of herself...can she be saved from narcissism also?

Features

• Time Travel
    By using the Time Machine in your Dad's lab or later in the adventure your own portable Time Shard device, you are able to travel back in time to how Kanto once was. (If you've played Zelda: Oracle of Ages the functionality is the same).
    mFE1pFZ.gif
  • Fairy Type
  • Physical/Special/Status Split
  • New Pokemon and Evolutions of the first 151 (based on prototypes)
  • Running Shoes
  • 8 Gym Badges and Elite Four to battle in the past
  • 4 Challenges to face in the future
  • New unique remixes of familiar songs
  • Level scaling

Screenshots

I2KPPqC.png
PYdCsPa.png
OolbHPg.png
3zbhekR.png
t9buuO8.png
6LxVQvA.png
GnYZ51G.png
28L1Tkv.png
r2FVW5n.png
Mh5PtrR.png
LtIBN3p.png
fBuy4xa.png
uKhKgnE.png
FcO2Mpx.png
paOgiB3.png
52rxX5X.png
8KBMDGb.png
8StOLTo.png

Credits

Through Time Team:
  • Me - Programming, Story, Art
  • My partner - Story, Art
  • BloodlessNS - Art
  • Bronzeswagger - Art
  • EeVeeEe - Art
  • Pia Carrot - Art

Other:
  • pret - PokeCrystal Dissasembly
  • Rangi - Tutorials
  • Luna & BloodlessNS & The whole Pret team - Answering my annoying questions and being a real help!
  • Pia Carrot - Helping me learn the ways of Discord
  • Louminosus - Gyaon frontsprite

Bugs

• None.

Download

Beta 1.0 Progress :[ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋--] 80%

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 18, 2024
This hack looks pretty cool! Do you know when a download link for this will come out here?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
This hack looks pretty cool! Do you know when a download link for this will come out here?

Cannot promise a date yet. Progress has been fairly fast considering I started work only a week ago!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 18, 2024
Cannot promise a date yet. Progress has been fairly fast considering I started work only a week ago!

Are you looking for beta testers by any chance? If you are, I'll be happy to test it out for you. I have a GB Everdrive and I can play it on real hardware if that's alright with you

Years
cool concept! must be hard to implement those time travel thingies, but i think you're doing great so far :)
looking forward with what you'll show us next!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
More on the Time Travel mechanic:
When you use the Time Shard, you travel backwards and forwards through Kanto Future and Kanto past. This can be seen like I said in the OP in Zelda: Oracle of Ages.

Here is a successful Timewarp:
mFE1pFZ.gif

Now here's what happens if you try to travel in time and land inside something:
DiKtft3.gif

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Oh wow! I love the storyline from what I've read and the quality of life features. Will you be adding the 60 fps feature of prism? Just asking since I think it would be a really dope addition.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
This looks promising. Oracle of Ages was my favorite Zelda, so I'm looking forward to see how this turns out.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Oh wow! I love the storyline from what I've read and the quality of life features. Will you be adding the 60 fps feature of prism? Just asking since I think it would be a really dope addition.

Perhaps further down the line. It is possible to implement but I'm still learning and will take some time.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
Are there going to be fakemon on in this hack?

Not quite Fakemon...the designs are re-imaginings of the Beta Pokemon discovered in recent history that got canned, but the base stats, typings and movesets etc. are all created from scratch.

Mh5PtrR.png

Last edited:

PerceptioN95

ポケモントレーナ とみい
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
looking forward to this hack, very nice use of johto maps being futuristic/past kanto ones or vice versa :D

Back