The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio PokéCommunity ROM Hack
Community ROM Hack

PokéCommunity ROM Hack Home for everything related to the upcoming collaborative PokéCommunity ROM hack - Pokémon Cataclysm.

Closed Thread

Old September 17th, 2016 (12:49 PM).
Island Kahuna

Nature: Modest
    Timezone: GMT
    ROM Hacking Abilities: Basic scripting, mapping, spriting, and learning much much more.
    Areas you'd like to Contribute: I would like to volunteer for being a scripter in the sense of creating dialogue for others to implement. A grammatical filter, if you will. A proof reader.
    Proof of previous work: Unfortunately I have not worked on any hacks before and my own is in its very early stages so is not currently showcased. I am more interested in checking text though, seeing as I am tired of seeing hacks with grammatical errors. It is imperative that the community hack be perfect! I have been a creative writer for eight years so I consider my skills to be adept enough for the job.
    Old September 18th, 2016 (10:46 AM).
    yes they change

Nature: Calm
    Timezone: Eastern GMT-4
    ROM Hacking Abilities: Scripting
    Areas you'd like to Contribute: I'd like to contribute to the basic scripting needs on a freelance basis, as I don't have very much free time between work and night courses. My skills and knowledge are rudimentary so it would very much be a learning experience for myself as well.
    Proof of previous work: Best proof that I know how to script are these YT vids I made for the PC channel. https://youtu.be/UDlvh4-RqPY and https://youtu.be/h8CzAX3lKVs
    Old September 18th, 2016 (5:48 PM). Edited September 18th, 2016 by DJTiki.
    kiwis and sour gummies

Nature: Adamant
    Forgot to drop in a spoiler tag. 10/10 Best application. I may or may not regret this later.

Spoiler:
    Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (USA & Canada)
    ROM Hacking Abilities: ASM Insertion, Pokemon Data Editing, General Game Design, Trainer Data Editing, Beta Testing, Mapping, Writing
    Areas you'd like to Contribute: I would like to help out with the Assembly Insertion (granted you need it) to aid in constructing the edited base for the game. A little rusty so it would take me time to get used to things. However, I would really like to aid in the writing of the game since I adore writing as both a hobby and "professionally". Game Design isn't exactly something that's worthy of contributing since it's such an elementary area.
    Proof of previous work: I haven't really gone through and released a ROM Hack because I ended up getting too busy for my own good. So....
    • ASM Insertion- Not exactly sure how you would want me to prove this, but I have .bins for some of FBI's routines in the attachment provided.
    • Pokemon and Trainer Data Editing- This isn't exactly something that I can show without a ROM Hack. You'll just have to take my word for it. I have some references and people who could vouch for me, if it's needed (I doubt it)
    • Game Design- I wrote this old, unfinished Game Design tutorial. Some people found it useful. :3
    • Mapping- Worked for mapping with previous community ROM Hack contests like Pokemon Titanium. (Note that the thread for that game is long gone)
    • Writing- This is where I really shine. I have written this, this, this and these Pokemon stories. I aided in this Pokemon fanfiction as well. I am a Co-Producer and the Head Script Writer for this Youtube channel. (I also made the basic logos and cover art for each cover and the logos presented on the Youtube channel, if there's ever a need for someone who can do a cover... but someone else is probably better suited for it).

EDIT: Turns out I can't attach the .bin files :\ Ask me about it directly if I get accepted.
    Old September 19th, 2016 (10:20 AM).

Nature: Sassy
    Thanks for all your interest, everyone who applied should have received a PM from me. If you haven't just drop me one and I'll say what I meant to PM you in the first place. Now, however, it is time for this thread to close as we are moving on to bigger and better things.

Stay tuned. :)
    Closed Thread

Quick Reply