• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Anybody know where the scripts for encountering the legendary beasts in firered is located? I need to make it so I can encounter all of them

There isn't one. It's all handled by ASM. The beast you encounter is dependent on which starter you pick, so messing around with that variable is the only way to do it.

How do I change the rate of encountering shinies on FireRed?

Easiest way is to change a single byte in the rom. Off the top of my head, I can't recall where it is, but if you changed it to something higher than 8, shinies would be more common, but only in your rom.

In both cases, without changing the ASM code, your ability to control the thing you want to change is extremely limited.

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
The shiny-encounter rate is not just a single byte in the ROM...
Its a routine, which complicatly generates the rate :)

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years

Not true, I have actually seen parts of this code. Every time a pokemon is loaded, it is checked to see if it is shiny, in every area of loading. It isn't marked upon being caught or anything like that; upon loading, a routine is BL'd to and there is a cross-check. At the end, if the result of all of the calculations is less than or equal to 7, the pokemon is shiny. If not, it is normal. So, Jambo is right. Like him, I can't remember where, but when I was writing my forme change code, I found it. It is hooked into all of the image loaders, which I have documented, so I can probably find it again fairly easily.

is there any tutorial on inserting animations for tiles?

Yes, there is one by narutoactor.

Yes, Windows 7. Here's a screenshot of my folder:
Vibt5fL.png

Hmmm, I'm not sure what VBA is written in. It requires access to the cmd prompt. You do have admin rights, correct?

Last edited:

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018

Yes, it's a routine which XOR's the trainer ID and PID, and then compares the resulting number with a constant 8. The constant 8 is easy to find and change. So what I said was correct.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 29, 2014
Yes, it's a routine which XOR's the trainer ID and PID, and then compares the resulting number with a constant 8. The constant 8 is easy to find and change. So what I said was correct.

Where is that constant located and how do I change it?

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
How can I change that the nidoran in the intro doesnt pops out of the ball

and i have another problem

My hero sprite is normal
Spoiler:

But when i change the name

Spoiler:

same with the rival

Spoiler:

changed the name

Spoiler:

can someone help? ~_~

Branellope

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
I want to make it so wild Pokemon appear in the flowers as well as the grass, but I want to use the "Rock Smash" type as opposed to still using grass, how do I do this?

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
KARATE KID: Hmmm, I'm not sure what VBA is written in. It requires access to the cmd prompt. You do have admin rights, correct?
Of course. When I double click on the .exe, the command prompt shows up for a split second then fades. I can't really read what it says because of it's quick cancellation.
Maybe you could send me a link to your emulator folder?

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2023
I need help. I inserted a new, fresh made map into my FireRed ROM. In the game, the borders show up as water-like blue tiles all around. How can I resolve this?

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
I want to make it so wild Pokemon appear in the flowers as well as the grass, but I want to use the "Rock Smash" type as opposed to still using grass, how do I do this?

Simple. Make the flowers have the rocksmash script, then you can change the wild pokemon in advanced map under wild pokemon, then select rocksmash. You could also just make the rocksmash rocks into flowers in the block editor in a-map to get the rock crush theme on the flower.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I need help. I inserted a new, fresh made map into my FireRed ROM. In the game, the borders show up as water-like blue tiles all around. How can I resolve this?

You selected transparent border tiles, not black ones. There is only one completely black tile in each set. The key is finding it. Try them all until you do, unless you are good with block editing, in which case you could make your own, or check to see which one is the black one.

Is there a Tool for Modifying the Type Effectiveness chart?

Yup, FinalZero made one for this purpose.

Of course. When I double click on the .exe, the command prompt shows up for a split second then fades. I can't really read what it says because of it's quick cancellation.
Maybe you could send me a link to your emulator folder?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t5v1tvvsijql4f8/FgA-fXoMie

Knock yourself out. All of my rom hacking stuff is in DropBox anyways, so feel free to ask.

If you don't have permision to use cmd prompt, it will still open and then close. This is what it does when I try to use cmd prompt at school.

Last edited:

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
How can I change that the nidoran in the intro doesnt pops out of the ball

and i have another problem

My hero sprite is normal
Spoiler:

But when i change the name

Spoiler:

same with the rival

Spoiler:

changed the name

Spoiler:

can someone help? ~_~

Can siriously nobody help me ????

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
Can siriously nobody help me ????

You obviously used 2 palettes to insert the intro-hiro. (32 colors)
As soon as the hiro is the first time loaded, it works, but later on the 2nd part of the palette
is used by something else -> hiro is ****ed up.

You must reduce the colors of your hiro to 16 and then it FOR SURE works.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2023
Thanks a bunch. I have another question. I made a cave. A made a warp to go into the cave. It worked. I'm in the cave now, and I want to go back out, but it won't let me come out of the cave. I am sure that I have my warping right and everything. What could be the resolution?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
Is there a database for icons compatible with Wichu's advanced icon editor?

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
My ROM barely boots when loaded into the emulator. It gives me a blank white screen.

If the save type 128k thing doesn't work, go get a clean rom, open it with a hex editor, copy the first five lines and paste them to the first 5 lines of your edited rom. It worked for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back