• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Years
When I expand the number of evolutions per Pokémon on Emerald using this, the Nincada to Shedinja evolution method no longer works, even when I copy a fixed Shedinja routine from FireRed 0xCE766 to Emerald's 0x13E3FA.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 16, 2017
Hi, I'm new here and am trying to create a ROM hack. I changed Bulbasaur into Chespin with your tool, but it won't let me change the Dex entry! If I try to do it and save, it makes me repoint, and none of the areas in the ROM available actually let me repoint it, and the message won't close, so I have to restart my computer just to close the program! I need help changing Pokedex entries! Thanks.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I'm sorry if someone already asked this,
but could someone please make a .ini for the german FireRed rom?

I 'm not able to make one myself,
so I would appreciate if someone was kind enaugh to make this .ini for me
(I guess I'm not the only one who would need it)

Also if someone already made one,
I'd be happy if you could share it with me!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 19, 2016
Greetings, I have downloaded the Mac version yet I get the following error whenever I try to open the application: "Cannot find Icon.png" Suggestions as to why this is happening? I appreciate any help. :)

Last edited:

BadgerLordZeus

Spooniest of Bards
Years
Greetings, I have downloaded the Mac version yet I get the following error whenever I try to open the application: "Cannot find Icon.png" Suggestions as to why this is happening? I appreciate any help. :)

Is the G3HS app in the "dist" folder? If so, try moving the app up a level into the main "Gen_III_Suite (MAC)" folder. That should fix your problem.

Also if anyone is getting the following error when selecting a pokemon to edit:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 675, in on_change_poke
File "<string>", line 769, in reload_tab_data
File "<string>", line 799, in reload_stuff
File "<string>", line 1163, in load_stats_into_boxes
File "/Users/homedepot326/Desktop/Secret-Tool-master/build/mainMAC/out00-PYZ/wx._core", line 12996, in SetSelection
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "item >= 0 && item < [m_comboBox numberOfItems]" failed at /BUILD/wxPython-src-3.0.0.0/src/osx/cocoa/combobox.mm(164) in SetSelectedItem(): Inavlid item index.

To fix it, open up the rom in G3T, open the pokemon editor and go to the pokemon that's giving you the error. Near the bottom you'll see "Status screen facing direction" and beneath it the "facing right" and "facing left" options. Your pokemon thats giving you the error will most likely be facing left. Toggle the facing right option, save and quit. That should fix the error in G3HS... Probably...

EDIT: I should've emphasized the fact that G3HS and G3T are two completely different tools. G3HS is obviously the tool that this thread is dedicated to. G3T is a multipurpose Gen 3 hacking tool that can be found here.

Last edited:
Years
I keep getting this error when I try to open Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 675, in on_change_poke
File "<string>", line 769, in reload_tab_data
File "<string>", line 799, in reload_stuff
File "<string>", line 1163, in load_stats_into_boxes
File "/Users/homedepot326/Desktop/Secret-Tool-master/build/mainMAC/out00-PYZ.pyz/wx._core", line 12996, in SetSelection
wx._core.PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "item >= 0 && item < [m_comboBox numberOfItems]" failed at /BUILD/wxPython-src-3.0.0.0/src/osx/cocoa/combobox.mm(164) in SetSelectedItem(): Inavlid item index.

When I try attempt recovery, the program just freezes and I have to Force Quit.

Help? I'm a complete newbie to hacking, and just trying to add another evolution method to pokemon that only evolve through trading.

<edit>
Okay I'm blind and didn't see the message two above mine in regards to this error but… I don't see anything that says "Status screen facing direction"? It also seems to be treating it as a brand new pokemon - the "stats" and "moves" tabs seems to have everything filled in correctly (as far as I can tell) but all the other tabs are blank, so I'm afraid if I change anything and save it, that's going to mess up everything else...

Last edited:
Years
I am having trouble with the sprite editor. I can't seem to get the sprites to work right, as when I put the front sprite in it works fine, but if I try to put in the back sprite or the shiny sprite, it makes them go different colours. I also tried to use the 256x64 option, but that made it even worse. I would really like to find out how to get this to work right and would be very grateful to whoever can help.

• Also, a side note is if anyone can tell me how I can get a pokemon to evolve into one of two pokemon depending on its gender, like how a espurr will evolve into one of the two meowstic depending if its a boy or a girl. (And yes the meowstic are two different pokemon, since they have different stats and attacks.)​

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I am having trouble with the sprite editor. I can't seem to get the sprites to work right, as when I put the front sprite in it works fine, but if I try to put in the back sprite or the shiny sprite, it makes them go different colours. I also tried to use the 256x64 option, but that made it even worse. I would really like to find out how to get this to work right and would be very grateful to whoever can help.

• Also, a side note is if anyone can tell me how I can get a pokemon to evolve into one of two pokemon depending on its gender, like how a espurr will evolve into one of the two meowstic depending if its a boy or a girl. (And yes the meowstic are two different pokemon, since they have different stats and attacks.)​
Not sure about your sprite problem, but you can add evolutions based on gender using this. There's no gender evolutions in the third gen games so you have to add them yourself.

Years

You can use Advance Sprite Editor! It is a good alternative with G3HS's sprite editor! And, for your second question, if you're using Emerald, click this. And, if you're using FireRed, click here.

Years
You can use Advance Sprite Editor! It is a good alternative with G3HS's sprite editor! And, for your second question, if you're using Emerald, click this. And, if you're using FireRed, click here.

Thanks, I had just done it in sprite editor before I seen this, but I'm glad to know anyways. Also that link was very helpful, I'll give it a try when I have the chance, although I've never done any hexing in my life, so I might need more help in the future.

Years
Thanks, I had just done it in sprite editor before I seen this, but I'm glad to know anyways. Also that link was very helpful, I'll give it a try when I have the chance, although I've never done any hexing in my life, so I might need more help in the future.

Well, if you have any questions, feel free to ask us here.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2021
If I change the number of Pokemon (expand the dex) wich tool allow me change the trainer pokemon nd battle, and wich the trades?

Years
Sorry for the double post (im not familiar with how to merge on this site)

I had everything working fine with my patched Rom (patched with MrDS Rombase, then Patched with 64x64 DS Sprite Patch). Now, after attempting to open my Rom with the pokedex order editor in PGE, I am once again getting the original error I initially fixed, which is the OxFFFFFE offset issue.

I fixed it by setting the offset in the ini to 0xFFFFAA, but now nothing will open in 3GHS and I have no idea where to go from here.

edit: I have also tried removing your software and reinstalling a fresh version of it, and I am still getting the 0xFFFFFE error when loading a clean, untouched, fire rod rom

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 120
  • Seen Mar 21, 2018
hello guys , i am adding new moves in my rom. using this tutorial http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=290135

I can't get Gen3 Suite to read my additional moves.

Even changing the rom.ini in Gen3 to reflect my new configuration gives the error "Trying to read move #357. the current number of moves is 354"

I changed PokeRoms.ini in Gen3S but i did not found the location of attackdata offset. that i see in other tools. Anything i can do to fix this :?
attacknames =
numberofattacks =

Thanks. : D

Last edited:

chestertagat

Dumbest Person in the World.
Years
Hello! Just wanna ask a Question when I use your Mon Expander on my Firered Rom i Succesfully added Gen4 Pokemons to it but when an Original Pokemon Evolves into a Expanded mon The game Freezes After the Evolution Animation For Example when AIPOM evolves into AMBIPOM , MAGMAR evolves into MAGMORTAR. Hope anyone Knows How to fix this because i don't want to start all over again. Thanks in Advance.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Hello,

I was just curious if you will be expanding the # of Pokemon for Emerald too, to go with the Emerald 650 patch?

Thank you

Back