• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Birthsigns

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I've added the necessary code to my scripts for your stuff to work properly (with or without, it checks if your needed methods/modules exist). They still need your animation file and spritesheet for it though.
Very cool, thanks.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Also, change your instructions for adding the animation. Exit RMXP first before replacing the file, otherwise you'll just save over it with the old file before you close.

Oh I see. Changing it now.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
ok so i had this working with family tree and now after a reset i cant get the birthsign icon to show in the family tree screen and now i get a crash
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
ok so i had this working with family tree and now after a reset i cant get the birthsign icon to show in the family tree screen and now i get a crash
Spoiler:

The coding for that has been changed. Just add
Code:
#===========================================================================
    # Birthsigns - Zodiac Token
    if !(@pokemon.isShadow? rescue false)
      zodiactoken=pbDisplaySummaryToken
      imagepos.push([zodiactoken,150,260,0,0,-1,-1])
    end
Into the Family Tree script, replacing the old coding you had there to display birthsign tokens.
~

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
Hi! I've been using your script and it's working fine so far! The only problema is that when I check a pokemon's summary, even if it has a birthsign, the birthsign image shows, but that page on the summary doesn't... Any tips?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Hi! I've been using your script and it's working fine so far! The only problema is that when I check a pokemon's summary, even if it has a birthsign, the birthsign image shows, but that page on the summary doesn't... Any tips?
Thats odd. By "birthsign image" do you mean the token icons on each page, or the actual birthsign page accessed on page 2? And have you made any custom changes to your Summary script or the Birthsign script itself? And what do you mean exactly when you say the page doesnt show? Is there anything in particular that isnt displayed (text, images, backgrounds, etc)? Link some screenshots to give me a better idea what you mean.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
Thats odd. By "birthsign image" do you mean the token icons on each page, or the actual birthsign page accessed on page 2? And have you made any custom changes to your Summary script or the Birthsign script itself? And what do you mean exactly when you say the page doesnt show? Is there anything in particular that isnt displayed (text, images, backgrounds, etc)? Link some screenshots to give me a better idea what you mean.
No, I don't think i have made any changes to the Summary script, but when i check it, there is absolutely no reference to Birthsigns. I tried re-installing the script, but to no avail

Can't post links yet... Bummer....
But, what happens is, the token shows up, but the second page of the summary, shows p as normal, with the nature and place where it's from...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
No, I don't think i have made any changes to the Summary script, but when i check it, there is absolutely no reference to Birthsigns. I tried re-installing the script, but to no avail

Can't post links yet... Bummer....
But, what happens is, the token shows up, but the second page of the summary, shows p as normal, with the nature and place where it's from...
You have to press the confirm button while on page 2 to access the birthsigns page, same as you would on the moves page to check the details of the moves. If the button isnt working, im not entirely sure what would be causing that.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I have an problem... I copied and pasted the folder in graphics>pictures but have appear this error:
https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/first_tentative_problem-png

In the my second tentative, i put the scripts (Journal and the Event) upon of this script: Birthsigns_Pokémon... See the image (I'm sorry, but i'm from Brazil, my english is bad)
https://uploaddeimagens.com.br/imagens/secound_tentative_problem-png

PLease Help me, this script is so amazing, is perfectly to me... Help me :) It's very cool script. Thanks so much! :D :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
I'm not sure what your issue is. Is it the fact that the Pikachu isn't appearing shiny?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
can birthsigns be coded for compatibility to essentials bw from kleinstudio?

Not sure, I have no experience with that project. I'm sure it can be done, but it will probably require tweaking if essentials bw handles certain areas of the script differently that Birthsigns depends on.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 15, 2016
Not sure, I have no experience with that project. I'm sure it can be done, but it will probably require tweaking if essentials bw handles certain areas of the script differently that Birthsigns depends on.

Ah, I was really hoping to use it but got a bunch of errors with it when I tried it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hi, I'm using the BW2 mod scripts and I'd like to use this, but when i install it it reverts to the default summary screen, is it possible to use them together?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Hi, I'm using the BW2 mod scripts and I'd like to use this, but when i install it it reverts to the default summary screen, is it possible to use them together?

The Birthsigns script just copy/pastes the default essentials summary script with my changes added. So if you have a different summary script such as the BW one, my Birthsigns script will just override it with the essentials default. If you dont want this to happen, youll have to modify your BW summary script with all of the appropriate changes found in my script, and then delete all of Section 5 in the Birthsign script.

This also applies to the PC if youre using a script that adds a new PC screen layout.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 26, 2017
I wish there was a plug and play version of this that included Family tree and Iv/Ev

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen yesterday
I've never used Scripts, I just know how to download a fan game/patch a hack, but this looks soooooo good and I really wanna use it. However, I don't know where to start...sorry if it's an inconvience but could you please tell me where I find this "Main" that I have to paste the script above, and will the script work once I've pasted it or do I have to configure it and if so, how?

Again, terribly sorry for any inconvenience.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I've never used Scripts, I just know how to download a fan game/patch a hack, but this looks soooooo good and I really wanna use it. However, I don't know where to start...sorry if it's an inconvience but could you please tell me where I find this "Main" that I have to paste the script above, and will the script work once I've pasted it or do I have to configure it and if so, how?

Again, terribly sorry for any inconvenience.

When you open up a .rxproj file, the main game file, you have to open the scripts editor, you scroll down and will see "Main". Right click it and press "insert new", this will add a new script above main.
To open .rxproj files, you need RPG Maker XP.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Update 3/30/2017: Birthsigns for Essentials BW

2ZVZWEw.jpg
Wr0zNc8.jpg

People have been requesting this for a long time, so I figured I'd finally get around to it after being away for a while. I made a version of Pokemon Birthsigns specifically for compatibility with Kleinstudio's Essentials BW. This will give you all the functionality of Pokemon Birthsigns and the Birthsigns Journal, fully integrated with BW's design layout and touchscreen controls.

In addition, I've made some minor fixes and tweaks to the Birthsigns scripts for both the BW and stock Essentials versions. Enjoy!

Examples of the birthsign page in the summary:
Spoiler:

Examples of the journal layout:
Spoiler:

Installation:
To install these scripts, you MUST be using kleinstudio's Essentials BW. Paste the Pokemon Birthsigns (BW) and Birthsigns Journal (BW) scripts above "Main", and install the 4 new graphics into your Birthsigns/Other folder. You can swap between Birthsigns Sets 1 & 2 by setting BIRTHSIGNS_SET_2 to true or false, same as before. To access the Birthsigns Journal, use $scene = BirthsignJournalScene.new in a script or event.

*Note: It is recommended that you either start a new game, or delete any existing Pokemon on your saved game after installing these scripts. Pokemon that existed prior to installing these scripts may have random birthsign effects being applied unintentionally.

1) KleinStudio Essentials Black & White
2) Pokemon Birthsigns (BW)
3) Birthsigns Journal (BW)
4) Graphics

All of the above will be added to the main post.
~

Last edited:
Back