• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I have just answered it before but I will say it again. You need national dex before you can get pokemon other than the original 151 so Onix is not evolving because Steelix is from Gen 2.

I have the National Dex.

When you don't have the National Dex and you try to evolve a Pokémon into a Johto one, it actually goes into the evolution screen but it blocks the evolution and displays a silent message. In my case, you can't actually use the item to make the Pokémon evolve.

@karatekid552: Jambo51's explanation was fine, but unfortunately I don't know the location of the table in the ROM to update it with other item data, so I'm a bit stuck... Probably needs ASM as well, which I'm not versed in.

ShikaG

Shadow Seeker
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2013
Is there any Full video tutorials on how to start scripting & making a game ? for beginners

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I have just answered it before but I will say it again. You need national dex before you can get pokemon other than the original 151 so Onix is not evolving because Steelix is from Gen 2.

I have the National Dex.

When you don't have the National Dex and you try to evolve a Pokémon into a Johto one, it actually goes into the evolution screen but it blocks the evolution and displays a silent message. In my case, you can't actually use the item to make the Pokémon evolve.

@karatekid552: Jambo51's explanation was fine, but unfortunately I don't know the location of the table in the ROM to update it with other item data, so I'm a bit stuck... Probably needs ASM as well, which I'm not versed in.

I know that someone knows the offset, because I have seen at least three hacks with the table changed. Let me do some digging and I'll get back to you.

karatekid552

Years
Is there any Full video tutorials on how to start scripting & making a game ? for beginners

Go search through the tutorial section, sometimes there are attached videos. Also, there is a 21(?) part youtube set dealing with everything scripting and Advance Map. I have watched many of the episodes and they are pretty good. Just search "pokemon scripting tutorial" in google and you will deffinately find something under youtube.

karatekid552

Years
I think my question was missed out, so Do anybody knows How to add Physical/Special Split to Pokemon Ruby?

Just so you do get an answer, and you're not ignored, it is possible. The most recent hack I've seen with it is DarkViolet. If nobody on this thread is able to help you, search for a hack with it in it and contact the creater. They should be able to help you.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Just so you do get an answer, and you're not ignored, it is possible. The most recent hack I've seen with it is DarkViolet. If nobody on this thread is able to help you, search for a hack with it in it and contact the creater. They should be able to help you.

Um, DarkViolet is a FireRed Hack... xD You must be confused with the R/S/E styled graphics

As far as I know there are some instruction in the thread in the R&D Forum, but the patch is only exclusive for FireRed.

But the graphic split can be easily done, for Ruby.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I think my question was missed out, so Do anybody knows How to add Physical/Special Split to Pokemon Ruby?

Look in the Nuzlocke forums, I think there's an IPS patch for Ruby there.

It has been done and most moves work, except for Counter/Mirror Coat, which are still buggy.

It would be cool to have it in a hack, but for the standard game I don't know if it's a good idea, because the AI might not handle it properly... AI tends to use the most effective move anyway, though.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
Does anyone have the list of free flags and variables for Fire Red or a link to a thread that does?

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
that's the problem I have the ow set it's just making the script is the problem i've seem lots of tut a wild battles but i can't make heads or tails of it to say the least

There are lots of tutorials in the tutorials section, the trick is being patient and want to understand how it all works. Starting from the beginning is always the first step but some people seem to want to rush straight into the more complicated stuff. I'd recommend having a folder with a spare ROM to test your scripts and then just save them as text files when they work. Or you could go a step further and study and break down in game scripts to see how they work.

Nobody is going to do all your scripts for you.

karatekid552

Years
Put their OW on a map by using Advanced Map and then make a script for wildbattle.
that's the problem I have the ow set it's just making the script is the problem i've seem lots of tut a wild battles but i can't make heads or tails of it to say the least

An old program called poketronic will make a basic wild battle script for you, but if you want anything more than the battle, you are going to have to edit it yourself.

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
Right. I know that there is a patch somewhere for Emerald that makes all the Pokemon names (and possibly moves and abilities, I don't remember all that well) all in titlecase (so Pikachu instead of PIKACHU). I cannot find it again.

Does anyone have any idea where it might have hidden itself?

Years
I have a very weird specific question.

My husband is testing my hack and he ran into a shiny gligar. He threw the only ball he had on him, a master ball, and caught it. However, it turned into a bad egg. He's since tested the master ball on other wild pokemon and they haven't become bad eggs...any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back