• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of Playing the Lottery?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Do you think playing the lottery is just a waste of money?

Although I'm not yet 18, I've been buying scratch-offs for a few years. I can't remember winning anything beyond $10.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
I have addictive tendencies so I avoid it like the plague, though I fantasize about winning the lottery almost every day lol. I don't think it's worth it to ever buy it, though.

MaӾiej

Huge Kida Fan
Years
I'd say it's alright to play it every now and then. My best advice about playing it is to do it in moderation. I generally prefer going for once a week, once a paycheck, or, at most, twice a week. Granted, I haven't been playing the lottery lately as I didn't feel comfortable about it. If you don't feel comfortable enough about what you have or are making, don't play it.

Last edited:
Years
I've bought a few tickets years ago to try it out, but then I came upon the realization that I would be doing this for years and years and still come up with absolutely nothing. Really, there's much better things to sink my money on.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
my dad has bought a lottery ticket nearly every week. I've never bought one. At first I thought it was a pipe dream, and that he's throwing his money away. And while I don't buy them, I definitely see the value. If you play the lottery every week not expecting to win, it will dramatically change your life if you do... You can invest that money and earn tons more over time, and be able to provide for generations after yours. Especially if you only win $1m and intend to keep working and living modestly.

Years
I either win nothing or the same amount spent to buy the lottery card so eh lol. it's fun occasionally but nothing I'll ever take seriously or turn into a habit. moderation !

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I play keno at the bar sometimes but that's about it. I've only bought a scratch ticket once because it feels like a waste

Back