• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you want to see?

Years
It's impossible to deny that this is now a changed community and with that change comes a shift in what people want to see in an RP. So my questions are "What kinds of RP are you interested in at the moment?" and "What elements do you want to see in those RPs?"

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 14, 2018
I guess I would constitute a part of those newcomers. You know my deal though. Not like I'm having any luck with that, but eh. Thought I'd write here, if just to show I'm still clinging to hope out there.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Personally, I'm looking for stuff that has a bit of a pace, that doesn't leave months between posts. I think something more focused would also be fun, stuff that doesn't disperse itself over ten storylines that have trouble interacting besides cursory events. If you look at typical RPGs in tabletop form, you always have a party, filled with interaction, and I think I'd like to do something a bit more akin to that than something that has people all over a country, or even continent, while they can ignore this incursion.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'd like to remove the 4 player mininum limit. /goes to do that

Yay!

I'd also like to remove the minimum word count (100 words now) and just let people make however simple one-liner RPs or advanced novel-post RPs they want; we are far gone from the days when people spammed several pages of one-liners a day to up their post counts. Nobody cares about post count anymore, we just want to have fun.
(but I know what you think of this ahah)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I want a gritty low fantasy war rp where its possible that a player could die in their very first post and the rp doesn't last more than a couple of months before it actually finishes. Could be modern, medieval or - ooooh stone/bronze age. basically just not futuristic because I'd want to do too much more with it at that point.

Years
I want a gritty low fantasy war rp where its possible that a player could die in their very first post and the rp doesn't last more than a couple of months before it actually finishes. Could be modern, medieval or - ooooh stone/bronze age. basically just not futuristic because I'd want to do too much more with it at that point.

I might have a concept tucked away that fits this and could potentially be a tighter RP like Ben was discussing earlier.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Honestly, I would love something that isn't about fighting all the time and is more of a mystery. People always tend to have all kinds of fighting in their posts and just don't enjoy building the world. I personally prefer world building over character building, as long as there is a story.

One thing I would love, and that I am surprised we don't have, is a Harry Potter like RP. You don't see much fighting, but is still very enjoyable. Another idea is something like My Hero Acadamia.

I love the idea of School RPs, but it needs to be changed some how where people are actually speaking. A Mission system or something with random teams. Something that forces people to interact with more than 1 or 2 people.

And a last idea, is something more like a book. Have multiple characters that start different, but eventually their paths cross to make the entire story. Honestly it is really hard to explain what I want to see.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Well hey, looks like I survived the waves of change!

Since I've returned, I've come to two realizations. I don't tend to enjoy sandbox RPs anymore, and Journey RPs are not for me. I really like RPs with a focus on interpersonal character interaction with a structured plot and a GM acting to facilitate heroing and adventuring.

Beyond that, I know I'm mostly interested in Pokemon RPs. If another of my favorites series showed up like Puyo Puyo / Madou Monogatari I'd probably give that a shot, but I'm not expecting that and I'm not expecting any original RPs to grab my attention.

I'd also be interested in a Tabletop style roleplay with the stats n' the dice n' such. I don't recall seeing much if any of those around.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I agree with Icy in that I love the world building in addition to character building. One of my favorite RPs was Jay and Nagi's PMD which had a very good balance between the two as well as didn't get bogged down by JPs, which as we know can be a death sentence

In addition, I love the idea of a My Hero Academia rp and getting to interact more closely with multiple people at a time.

Years
Well hey, looks like I survived the waves of change!

Since I've returned, I've come to two realizations. I don't tend to enjoy sandbox RPs anymore, and Journey RPs are not for me. I really like RPs with a focus on interpersonal character interaction with a structured plot and a GM acting to facilitate heroing and adventuring.

Beyond that, I know I'm mostly interested in Pokemon RPs. If another of my favorites series showed up like Puyo Puyo / Madou Monogatari I'd probably give that a shot, but I'm not expecting that and I'm not expecting any original RPs to grab my attention.

I'd also be interested in a Tabletop style roleplay with the stats n' the dice n' such. I don't recall seeing much if any of those around.

You might like High Stakes Glamour. The IC will be up soon but SUs are open indefinitely at this point. It's a different take on Pokemon and it does have something resembling a stats system.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
You might like High Stakes Glamour. The IC will be up soon but SUs are open indefinitely at this point. It's a different take on Pokemon and it does have something resembling a stats system.

Hmm... I gave it a look, but as I said I really find myself not enjoying sandbox RPs right now! And when I say I'd love something with a more tabletop system I mean more along the lines of having a character sheet and potentially leveling up. vwv I've worked with some D&D lite systems before and learned that I really like those, though I don't think we have the tools to accommodate on-site dice rolls here.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years
I agree with Ice: Pace, prompt posts, focused, a party filled with interaction.

I agree with some of what IcyIce says: Mystery, not fighting. Story. However, I believe character building is as important as world building.

I agree with some of what Trainer Yellow says: I don't enjoy sandbox or Journey RPs. I enjoy RPs with a focus on interpersonal character interaction with a structured plot and a GM acting to facilitate.

But enough echoing (though supporting others is important). My own ideas:

It's a Pokemon roleplay site, let's not kid ourselves. If Pokemon aren't a large focus of your roleplay, I'm not particularly grabbed.

It's no secret that I love roleplays where Pokemon are the player characters. I also enjoy some crossovers, e.g. if the Avatar world of benders had Pokemon in it. In that case I'm a lot more willing to entertain human characters.

Player character diversity. This means don't set an age range for your PCs. This means a variety of occupations. This means unique powers or wisdom. This means welcome several species even.

If IcyIce hadn't had said it, I certainly would have: Combat isn't necessary for a compelling roleplay. A mystery to solve, or an unusual circumstance that creates common goal which does not involve combat, is compelling on its own.
That said, I don't mind combat if it's allowed to be a creative writing and tactics experience, rather than a stats contest.

Most of what I have said funnels down into the idea of: Interesting writing (this goes for both players and GM). Interesting characters. Avoiding what might feel like repetition.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I do enjoy combat, but I haven't seen many without it. And I also do think character building is probably more important than world building, but again, I just haven't seen too much of it. This again might just be because. I am definitely not nearly as active as a lot of people here are.

This may be because I am very selective and kinda picky about what I RP, as I said, it is indeed hard to explain what I want Lol.

I will say this, one of my favorite RPs, even though is was very short, but also actually ended. Was the Pokemon Contest RP that was made at the time of ORAS was being confirmed. To me it had the perfect combination of everything that I want.

Back