• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
Trying to get rough skin gible
I moved your question into the X/Y Q&A thread.

The reason that Sweet Scent doesn't work in Route13/Lumiose Badlands is because of the ever-present strong winds and sandstorm; the Sweet Scent gets blown away. Sweet Scent also does not work when it's raining.

If you're in need of a Hidden Ability Gible, either try to get a Friend Safari that contains Gabite, or ask for one in the Trade Corner.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Which would be more useful, Entrainment or Skill Swap? I want the move primarily to give levitate to a partner, but I can see situations where it might be handy to get the targets ability in exchange for giving levitate to the target, so I'm not really sure which move would be more useful.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
So does Poison Jab work with Serene Grace or not? about half the sites say it does and the other half says it doesn't, does anyone knwo for actual sure? Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
If you surf on the back of a Shiny Lapras (I guess I'm also asking about Sharpedo in ORAS as well), does it appear Shiny in the overworld?

Years
So does Poison Jab work with Serene Grace or not? about half the sites say it does and the other half says it doesn't, does anyone knwo for actual sure? Thanks!

Serene Grace works with any move that has a chance of inflicting secondary effects, and Poison Jab under normal conditions has a 30% chance of inflicting poison which gets doubled to 60% with Serene Grace. So basically, it's a yes here.

If you surf on the back of a Shiny Lapras (I guess I'm also asking about Sharpedo in ORAS as well), does it appear Shiny in the overworld?

No, it doesn't appear shiny at all from what I've heard.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Serene Grace works with any move that has a chance of inflicting secondary effects, and Poison Jab under normal conditions has a 30% chance of inflicting poison which gets doubled to 60% with Serene Grace. So basically, it's a yes here.

But is there any evidence of this, because like I said, half the sites says yes, the other half say no, one of them being Bulbapedia, ( http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Serene_Grace_(Ability) ) and Secret Power has a 30% chance of causing a secondary effect, however, ever since gen 3 every site has said that this move is NOT affected by Serene Grace

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Is there a way to corner a furoro in perfum palace? I'm having a hard time to corner and it move in between me and shauna.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
"
The top left (northwest) maze contains the owner's Furfrou! Before you can return it, you must corner it. It's really simple if you know what to do:
228px-Pxywikiwalkthrough255.png
228px-Pxywikiwalkthrough256.png
Have your rival stand near the entrance of the maze, then walk towards the Furfrou from the side. If Furfrou is on the right, go at it from the left. You need to make the Furfrou go north into the maze. Next, position your rival at the spot Furfrou was just standing, then walk towards the Furfrou at the top of the maze to corner it in the dead end. Walk towards the Furfrou from the side again so it doesn't run past you, and make sure you come at it from the opposite direction of your Rival's position. If your Rival is at the bottom right, come at Furfrou from the left."

Taken from http://uk.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-x-y/Parfum_Palace

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
What's the advantage of Nuzzle over Thunder Wave? Obviously there's damage involved, but it's so miniscule is it even worth considering? The reason I ask is because Nuzzle is a contact move so it activates abilities that are affected by direct contact, whereas thunder wave does not, so wouldn't thunder wave be better? O ris there stuff that nuzzle can paralyze that thunder wave cannot?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
Nuzzle doesn't get effected by Taunt, so there's that. I suppose it could also let you paralyze an opponent while breaking Sturdy/Focus Sash too.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Nuzzle doesn't git effected by Taunt, so thare's that. I suppose it could also let you paralyze an opponent while breakng Sturdy/Focus Sash tao.

Oh right, taunt! That's probably it, I keep forgetting about that.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
Plus Nuzzle works if you have an assault vest on whereas thunder wave doesn't.

Used it on my Assault vested Dedenne for some cheeky paralysis.

Mason69

Sleeping...
Years
Hey guys! I'm starting over in Y and I'm forming a team made just by cool looking shinies!
So far my team is a shiny braixen, honedge and axew!

Any suggestion for cool looking shiny for the team (I prefer the ones with two evolutions instead of just one)? (I thought about nidoking, seismitoad, scolipede, electrike, but I'm still undecided XD)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
This is a super specific question that maybe no one on the boards can answer, but I am using Shaw Go Wifi at work and cannot trade Pokemon. I did update my game to the latest version, I can see people online, I can say Nice to them, I can get them back, I can initiate interactions with people and I get notifications when friends come online, i can give and recieve O-Powers, but I can't trade. When I try to trade with a friend, it always tells me there's an error and to try again from the beginning, and when I try to wonder trade it always tells me it couldn't find me a trading partner and to try again in a little while, thing is when I'm at home (also by the same Internet provider) I have no problem to trade at all, and even though this wifi is at work, it's by the same company and uses my same login info, so it should be the same wifi as far as I know. So has anyone had a similar issue? I've already called Nintendo and they said to contact my service provider, and I contacted my service provider 3 times (cause the first two knew nothing about game systems on public wifi) and the third one told me to contact Nintendo so I have no idea why I can't trade but why that is the only function I cannot do. I can even fully access Pokebank with no issues, it's literally ONLY trading I cannot do

llr

Years
  • Age 65
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
This is a super specific question that maybe no one on the boards can answer, but I am using Shaw Go Wifi at work and cannot trade Pokemon. I did update my game to the latest version, I can see people online, I can say Nice to them, I can get them back, I can initiate interactions with people and I get notifications when friends come online, i can give and recieve O-Powers, but I can't trade. When I try to trade with a friend, it always tells me there's an error and to try again from the beginning, and when I try to wonder trade it always tells me it couldn't find me a trading partner and to try again in a little while, thing is when I'm at home (also by the same Internet provider) I have no problem to trade at all, and even though this wifi is at work, it's by the same company and uses my same login info, so it should be the same wifi as far as I know. So has anyone had a similar issue? I've already called Nintendo and they said to contact my service provider, and I contacted my service provider 3 times (cause the first two knew nothing about game systems on public wifi) and the third one told me to contact Nintendo so I have no idea why I can't trade but why that is the only function I cannot do. I can even fully access Pokebank with no issues, it's literally ONLY trading I cannot do

Sounds like your work has a different security program or firewall that blocks the trades.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
Sounds like your work has a different security program or firewall that blocks the trades.

That's the thing, it's not my work that provides my wifi, the company that provides my home Internet also has free wifi set up at most major public spaces open to anyone who has an account with them. They offer this service across the country wherever they operate, and once you log into one hot spot you automatically are logged in anywhere in Canada that the company offers wireless Internet, so it has nothing to do with my work security, it's simply that my work happens to also be one of the public places that the company offers it's own wifi to it's customers

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
Hey guys! I'm starting over in Y and I'm forming a team made just by cool looking shinies!
So far my team is a shiny braixen, honedge and axew!

Any suggestion for cool looking shiny for the team (I prefer the ones with two evolutions instead of just one)? (I thought about nidoking, seismitoad, scolipede, electrike, but I'm still undecided XD)
You're going to need something to fly on and a Water type for water travel since Braxien, Axew, and Honedge don't do those things. Which ones you use are up to you, because we all find different shinies to look good/bad.

Mason69

Sleeping...
Years
You're going to need something to fly on and a Water type for water travel since Braxien, Axew, and Honedge don't do those things. Which ones you use are up to you, because we all find different shinies to look good/bad.

I see but I would love to know what you guys think that looks cool though.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
I see but I would love to know what you guys think that looks cool though.

Shiny Greninja for surf and other water HM duties.
Shiny Talonflame/Shiny Charizard for Fly duties - not ideal for the crossover of fire typing but much better pokemon than braixen in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back