• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
I've been looking at this thread...so...maybe I could get some feedback on these...

avocetforest.png

These are the best screens I have made thus far. They're of Perihelion Production's Avocet Forest.

@The Dewitty

I never really like those trees (the skinny ones). Still don't. I'd say exchange those for a different tree, maybe the ones from HGSS? Those could work. ;D It's just because your tileset seems more 3D, and those seem 2D. Also, the yellow tree. You should finish the base. It's a green base and green sides, but yellow middle and top. Make sense? Only quibbles.

:D

Everything else looks great!

I use alot of different trees in my game, and those were the most appropriate for the area. And btw, those are the HGSS ones :P And yeah, you're right about the yellow tree, but it isn't there anymore xD, so no worries. And thanks for the compliment about my tiles looking 3d :D
Your screen looks awesome too. Like Alistair said, the dirtpath or light effect (I think it's a light effect) could use some transition. Good job next to that!

Last edited:

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Wow. Thanks for the feedback you guys. I'll edit the dirt path. The light effect can't really be changed at all...unless...

Anyway. I've got more for everyone to take a look at. They're of the City just before the forest, Avocet City.

avocetcity.png

(clockwise)
1.) Just about to battle Hayden, the Gym Leader of Avocet.
2.) Standing before the City's Bell. It sounds at dawn.
3.) Standing outside one of the houses in Avocet (looks like a Barrow from Lord of the Rings xD)
4.) Standing outside the Town's old Mansion.

Last edited:
Years
I really love those trees your using, who made them? Also, those houses do look like the Barrows (or is it Burrows?) from LoR XD. Very vibrant colours, can't wait to see more.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
The tiles look very ripped... I don't know if that was what you wanted?

They are ripped, I dont have any custom indoor tiles, and I dont know how to make them work with kyle's tiles... Why do you think I was reluctant to change them...

I'm not very good at spriting.
capture007dj.png

This is all I have... I really like kyledove's tiles and I dont plan on changing them at all. But its either ripped 4th gen or 3rd gen... 4th fits better you guys say. I really dont know what to do about this problem. I could try to recolor them but honestly i dont know where to begin...

KingCharizard

Years
For crying out loud, the problem isn't with the fact you're using 3rd gen graphics, it's that they're bad ones. Look at the indoor graphics in Malachite: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159560
They're really good. Try to replicate that.

You see this is just the stuff I'm talking about, you all complain bout the 3rd gen tiles now when I do change them they are still wrong... OMFG this crap is frusterating. I'll stick with the 4th gen ripped, you guys dont like it too bad... OI also has spriters working for him as I've said before my specialty isn't graphics especially pixel art... And they are custom tiles....
Everyone wants to complain, but noone wants to make an effort to help fix it... Its staying as is. So those screens are current and so are these:
capture010d.png

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
You see this is just the stuff I'm talking about, you all complain bout the 3rd gen tiles now when I do change them they are still wrong... OMFG this crap is frusterating. I'll stick with the 4th gen ripped, you guys dont like it too bad... OI also has spriters working for him as I've said before my specialty isn't graphics especially pixel art... And they are custom tiles....
Everyone wants to complain, but noone wants to make an effort to help fix it... Its staying as is. So those screens are current and so are these:
capture010d.png
Don't call me you all, I've been with the 3rd gen gaphcs from the start. The only part I didn't like was the gym. In my game I acually used 3rd gen indoors with 4h outdoor and it looked fine, I had no spriters, I just used the right tiles. Sorry I can't view the screens.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Erm, Charizard, in case you were unaware, Kyledove actual created custom 4th Gen indoor tiles that go with his outdoor tiles quite well; I think they're actually included in your resource pack.

KingCharizard

Years
Yeah, I know he did, they weren't kyle's they were alucus, but I did find other indoor tiles done by kyledove and here is 2 Updated screens from my game...

capture000.png

Actually these are Exclusive for a certain house. Not throught the game.

Last edited:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Yeah, I know he did, they weren't kyle's they were alucus, but I did find other indoor tiles done by kyledove and here is 2 Updated screens from my game...

capture000.png

Actually these are Exclusive for a certain house. Not throught the game.
That's it, you obviously can't be helped. I said I've supported the 3rd gen the whole time, and you ignored me. If you want to use ugly 4th gen tiles and lose a supporter, that's your choice.

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
capture010d.png

Al you need to do is correct the shape of the tiles and redo the shading. That's all.

KingCharizard

Years
Al you need to do is correct the shape of the tiles and redo the shading. That's all.
capture002n.png

Like that dew? Lol not mine credit to kymotonian aka Kyledove.

Sorry peeky chew but I now have Kyledove's indoor 4th gen. I think it only right that I use the complete set.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
capture002n.png

Like that dew? Lol not mine credit to kymotonian aka Kyledove.

Sorry peeky chew but I now have Kyledove's indoor 4th gen. I think it only right that I use the complete set.
The problem is, those are old tiles. They aren't as nice as the best 3rd gen ones or the best 4th.

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
scrollingregionmap.png

This doesn't look impressive, being offcenter and having only placeholder text.

But what it is is a fully functional scrolling region map; the art is currently offcenter, not the scrolling. The map scrolls the way it does in HG/SS, allowing for essentially limitless horizontal space. I'm debating a public release of it; I do worry that we'll have lots of idiots making terrible games involving huge, long lines of regions because "hey look i can copy/paste PokemonRegionMap", through...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
scrollingregionmap.png

This doesn't look impressive, being offcenter and having only placeholder text.

But what it is is a fully functional scrolling region map; the art is currently offcenter, not the scrolling. The map scrolls the way it does in HG/SS, allowing for essentially limitless horizontal space. I'm debating a public release of it; I do worry that we'll have lots of idiots making terrible games involving huge, long lines of regions because "hey look i can copy/paste PokemonRegionMap", through...
what about people like myself that could really use it and put it to good use lol?

May I?

If you'd like you could just PM it to me, that is if you are going to share it. I totally agree though, releasing it public would start a trend of dumb games....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back