• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Sandstorm Team

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Tyranitar (Chople Berry)
Sassy | 252 HP, 192 SpD, 64 SpA | Flawless
Sand Stream
Stealth Rock, Crunch, Fire Blast, Ice Beam

Excadrill (Air Balloon)
Adamant | 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP | Flawless
Sand Rush
Swords Dance, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Return

Reuniclus (Life Orb)
Bold | 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD | Flawless
Magic Guard
Calm Mind, Recover, Psychic, Focus Blast

Virizion (Leftovers)
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe | (31/31/31/31/31/30)
Justified
Calm Mind, Giga Drain, Focus Blast, HIdden Power Ice

Rotom-W (Choice Scarf)
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe | (31/30/31/30/30/31)
Levitate
Volt Switch, Hydro Pump, Hidden Power Fire, Trick

Gliscor (Toxic Orb)
Impish | 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe | Flawless
Poison Heal
Substitute, Protect, Earthquake, Toxic

Let me know what you think. I'm really eager to start battling competitively I really just need to work out my strategy with these guys. Thanks so much in advance!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What if you used a Sand Viel Gliscor with Double Team and Bright Powder?

Double Team + Brightpowder breaks evasion clause, and that clause is often in play.

Excadrill is an Uber Pokemon, just so you know. and you'll have to make do with something else, like Heatran:
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
-Stealth Rock/Flame Charge/Taunt/Substitute
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Air Balloon/Life Orb

or
-Lava Plume
-Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
-Stealth Rock/Roar
-Protect
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/252 SDef/8 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Virizion's Speed IV doesn't have to be 30 for its Hidden Power to be Ice; here are a couple more HP Ice IV spreads with a 31 Speed IV: 31/30/30/31/31/31 and 30/31/30/31/31/31.

For Rotom's Hidden Power to be Fire, it can't have a perfect Speed IV; it has to have a 30 Speed IV instead. Here are the legal HP Fire IV spreads: 31/31/30/30/31/30 and 31/30/31/30/31/30.

In Sandstorm, Gliscor can use this set for some evasion hax and more power. Defensive Poison Heal Gliscor is still viable too, though:
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Acrobatics
-Substitute
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Flying Gem
Ability: Sand Veil

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Now DW Sandslash is released you can use that over uber Excadrill.

Sandslash @ Leftovers / Life Orb / Passho Berry
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Trait: Sand Rush
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor / Rapid Spin

Anyway, be VERY careful of Amoongus now its Regen ability has been released because it effectively walls your whole team. A simple Spore/HP Ice/Clear Smog/Giga Drain set causes this team all sorts of issues and the only thing that stops it aka Reuniclus is put out of commission by Spore. You also cannot handle CB Haxorus because it destroys you. To solve both issues id suggest a Skarmory over Virizion. If you find this opens you up more against rain a Latios would go over Reunicus. Skamorys Spikes also wear down Latios and Sandslash's checks well. Skarmory and Latios also cover your horrendous Tech Loom weakness (who has also Recently been released).

Anyways Sub Toxic Gliscor is really awful now, ive not seen it work since...well ever actually lol. Sub SV Glis or Toxic Orb SD are much better and less useless sets.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
Feedback Recognition

Double Team + Brightpowder breaks evasion clause, and that clause is often in play.

Excadrill is an Uber Pokemon, just so you know. and you'll have to make do with something else, like Heatran:
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power (Ice/Grass)
-Stealth Rock/Flame Charge/Taunt/Substitute
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Air Balloon/Life Orb

or
-Lava Plume
-Will-o-Wisp/Toxic
-Stealth Rock/Roar
-Protect
Nature: Calm
EVs: 248 HP/252 SDef/8 Spe
Item: Leftovers

Virizion's Speed IV doesn't have to be 30 for its Hidden Power to be Ice; here are a couple more HP Ice IV spreads with a 31 Speed IV: 31/30/30/31/31/31 and 30/31/30/31/31/31.

For Rotom's Hidden Power to be Fire, it can't have a perfect Speed IV; it has to have a 30 Speed IV instead. Here are the legal HP Fire IV spreads: 31/31/30/30/31/30 and 31/30/31/30/31/30.

In Sandstorm, Gliscor can use this set for some evasion hax and more power. Defensive Poison Heal Gliscor is still viable too, though:
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Acrobatics
-Substitute
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Flying Gem
Ability: Sand Veil

-Let me start by saying thank you so much for the effort you put into this response, it was extremely well thought out and I appreciate the insight.
-Rotom's spread was a typo so that problem is out of the way.
-Excadrill's move to ubers was brutal (literally happened the day I bred her and she was my first successful RNG :() and while I would love to make the switch to Heatran, there are a few concerns I have with the idea: 1. I am clueless on how to RNG in DPP. 2. Doesn't that leave me with no physical attacking options and two stealth rock users?
-I am not overly concerned with Virizion because pokemon are often rounded to level 50 making those values insignificant. Plus even at level 100 I doubt the point makes much of a difference unless it means missing the speed tie with opposing virizion.

Sorry for the delay!

Now DW Sandslash is released you can use that over uber Excadrill.

Sandslash @ Leftovers / Life Orb / Passho Berry
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 6 HP
Trait: Sand Rush
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor / Rapid Spin

Anyway, be VERY careful of Amoongus now its Regen ability has been released because it effectively walls your whole team. A simple Spore/HP Ice/Clear Smog/Giga Drain set causes this team all sorts of issues and the only thing that stops it aka Reuniclus is put out of commission by Spore. You also cannot handle CB Haxorus because it destroys you. To solve both issues id suggest a Skarmory over Virizion. If you find this opens you up more against rain a Latios would go over Reunicus. Skamorys Spikes also wear down Latios and Sandslash's checks well. Skarmory and Latios also cover your horrendous Tech Loom weakness (who has also Recently been released).

Anyways Sub Toxic Gliscor is really awful now, ive not seen it work since...well ever actually lol. Sub SV Glis or Toxic Orb SD are much better and less useless sets.

^^^ What do you think about a Heatran in place of Excadrill if I can manage to get my hands on one? Wouldn't that effectively check a majority of the threats you listed above?

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
^^^ What do you think about a Heatran in place of Excadrill if I can manage to get my hands on one? Wouldn't that effectively check a majority of the threats you listed above?

Nope the only thing that beats i listed is Amoongus. Haxorus destroys Heatran (EQ, Aqua Tail and SuperPower) as does Rain and Tech Loom (Tech Mach Punch for offensive ones [OHKO] and defensive ones are OHKO'd by Tech Low Sweep/Force Palm).

Cam Meekins

Banned
Years
If I may, I would suggest psyschock on reuniclus to hit blissey. Also, sub protect gliscor is amazing I suggest you give it a second try it's really good. Have Fun!

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2023
I use Rockslide move+ King's Rock on Mawile because both has a chance of making a Pokemon flinch.I kinda see Excadrill better with King's Rock because that Balloon pops.When the opponent flinches then you can use Swords Dance and then any move you want.I would go with one more Rockslide though to build another Swords dance ha ha.

Years
For Erosu Mou (I can't quote with my phone, sorry!)

U got it totally wrong about flinching. Flinch only work on that turn if you're faster, so if you use SDance next turn, your opp can still move. If you want Flinch-to-death thing, use Jirachi ParaFlinch. It work well in sand as sand also drain enemy HP. Air Balloon is not that bad. It make your opp waste a turn on popping its balloon, giving you the turn u need to KO counter or get the boost.

For Ramos

How about Landorus? It has sheer power whith Sand Force and Earthquake, which hit really hard. U can replace Gliscor if you want a more offensive Pokémon. Choice Scarf Landorus outspeed DDance Haxorus, and can Acrobatics to kill Amoongus. Virizion is quite useless in the sand, as its bulk is hindered by the HP lost, and you have 2 Special tank at Tyranitar and Reuniclus already, so you can switch to Terrakion or Lucario. These are the set that I recommended:

Terrakion (M) @ Life Orb
Traits: Justified
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Traits: Inner Focus
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch

Landorus (M) @ Flying Gem
Traits: Sand Force
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance / Rock Polish
If u use Rock Polish use adamant nature

U can look at my Sandstorm team too, get some idea from it and combine with yours for a new idea

Last edited:
Back