• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Uranium

What you think about the project?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
...a suggestion? Write it up in whatever your more commonly-spoken language is (Spanish, Korean, Russian, or whatever) and throw it into Google-->Language Tools-->Translate text. That may or may not help you...

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Refer to the bolds, please...

Hey, about time we had someone that wasn't just posting colorless "i like ur game and ur fakes keep it up" posts. And you raise some interesting points; I'll do my best to answer them as well.

First off, let me say that I am in the process of rewriting the summary to be a little more updated (since we've done some work on the story since that summary was posted). So some of your comments, in particular the ones about grammar, won't pertain once I'm done. But I'll do my best to answer the rest of 'em...

-Tandor actually does have one active volcano. The rest of the mountains are, for all intents and purposes, extinct. Just so we don't get into a debate about the geological history of the region (like in the Mercury topic): the region is situated on a fault line where the plates were pushing up against each other; however, millions of years ago the plates stopped shifting, so they are simply at a standstill with only one existing passage to the core of the earth. Good enough for you?

-Not Aliens, although that would be cool. =P The power plant once provided energy for three cities, but after the meltdown it was understandably abandoned.

-What JV is trying to say is this: Uranium isotopes will continue to emit radiation until they become stable, correct? But since radiation is the source of this Pokemon's power, it doesn't want to become stable and so seeks new sources of power. When normal Pokemon get afflicted with radioactivity, they react differently than humans: it infects their elemental nature until they become as single-minded as the legend. There is a cure for the normal Pokemon, but only applicable in the early stages of infection.

-Aotios and Mutios are actually not light and dark, as JV said-- they're wind and water, passive and agressive, coexisting guardians of the isles that usually have little to do with people... but of course, this new disruption has changed that rather.

-The professor's name there is a typo. xD It's actually supposed to be Bamb'o.

-"Team Yin" and "Team Yang" are the rather more outdated part of this. xD First off, those names are obsolete (we have new ones), and second, to call them evil teams would be a misnomer-- they are neutral organizations that would ordinarily be unrelated to the problem, but unfortunately with Aotios and Mutios involved they can't be.

Hope that answers your questions. :3 I'll have the updated story in a bit.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
Hey, about time we had someone that wasn't just posting colorless "i like ur game and ur fakes keep it up" posts Flattery won't get you further than the moon.... And you raise some interesting points; I'll do my best to answer them as well Ohhh, so I get a two-for-one deal? Guess that made that post worth it....

First off, let me say that I am in the process of rewriting the summary Oh, excellent... to be a little more updated (since we've done some work on the story since that summary was posted). So some of your comments, in particular the ones about grammar ...I never point out anything about grammar. You must have misunderstood me..., won't pertain once I'm done. But I'll do my best to answer the rest of 'em...

-Tandor actually does have one active volcano If it didn't, that'd have to be changed, wouldn't it?. The rest of the mountains are, for all intents and purposes, extinct Soooooo, can I take a 'Peak Fossil' to a scientist and get a Mountain revived for me?. Just so we don't get into a debate about the geological history of the region (like in the Mercury topic Geologicasl history can be important (especially when legendary pkmn are involved).): the region is situated on a fault line where the plates were pushing up against each other; however, millions of years ago the plates stopped shifting ..., so they are simply at a standstill with only one existing passage to the core of the earth It would be interesting if the 'active' volcano were to, uhhh...erupt...and cause damage as an added mess to whatever else you got goin' on.. Good enough for you? No.

-Not Aliens, although that would be cool If it would be cool, then why not just do it? YOU hold the power to control what's in your game.... =P The power plant once provided energy for three cities, but after the meltdown it was understandably abandoned And what about the surrounding civilisation? If it was bad enough, the entire island would have ended up desolate....

-What JV is trying to say is this: Uranium isotopes will continue to emit radiation until they become stable, correct Why, yes.? But since radiation is the source of this Pokemon's power, it doesn't want to become stable and so seeks new sources of power Wow, that's good.... When normal Pokemon get afflicted with radioactivity, they react differently than humans How big of a physiological difference REALLY could there be? I s'psoe it's arguable since pkmn centers and hospitals are not the same and that pkchow tastes awful to humans...: it infects their elemental nature until they become as single-minded as the legend So it's only thought is to infect whatever it sees? Wouldn't there be environmental consequences you must consider? Undoubtedly there would be environmental activists who foolishly try to stop the spreading of the U-DNA, and there would probably be modified tiles to reflect the damaged nature, right?. There is a cure for the normal Pokemon, but only applicable in the early stages of infection. Infection? These aren't viruses...wouldn't contamination be a better term? How do they cure it? Is there some kind of pk-serum that reacts with the U-DNA to remove it from the system so long as it has not spread much?

-Aotios and Mutios TWO new Latis?! C'mon... are actually not light and dark, as JV said-- they're wind and water That's still lacking any originality., passive and agressive A'rrrrrrright..., coexisting guardians of the isles that usually have little to do with people... but of course, this new disruption has changed that rather How? Why?.

-The professor's name there is a typo. xD It's actually supposed to be Bamb'o. ...you sure it's still not a typo and meant to be Will'o? Just saying...

-"Team Yin" and "Team Yang" are the rather more outdated part of this. xD First off, those names are obsolete I already established that... (we have new ones), and second, to call them evil teams would be a misnomer-- they are neutral organizations ...if they have 'Team' in the name, the fanbase will assume otherwise. that would ordinarily be unrelated to the problem, but unfortunately with Aotios and Mutios involved Hmmmm...so that means they must be a religious/historical group or something. they can't be So, for in-game purposes, they are still cliched evil organisations? Seems like just semantics....
Again, check out the bolds...

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
~JV~ said:
The explosion is green because its based on the uranium stone which in facgt is dark green.
Howuh...what? Uranium in pure form is dark green, however that doesn't mean that an explosion of a nuclear reactor would be green. In fact, nuclear explosions are generally hot enough to produce plasma- which is most often white.
ZephyrPlusle said:
Uranium isotopes will continue to emit radiation until they become stable, correct? But since radiation is the source of this Pokemon's power, it doesn't want to become stable and so seeks new sources of power. When normal Pokemon get afflicted with radioactivity, they react differently than humans: it infects their elemental nature until they become as single-minded as the legend. There is a cure for the normal Pokemon, but only applicable in the early stages of infection.
I'm...pretty sure it doesn't work that way. If a living organism were infected by radiation poisoning, they'd probably just weaken and die in a week or so.
Also, an army of slave pokemon? That sounds very unlikely, and pretty lame in my opinion.
As a final point, if a nuclear reactor were to explode, such as in the explosion at Chernobyl, quite a large amount of radiation would be released into the environment and almost everything nearby would have to be evacuated immediately. The chances of somebody (your mother), not only surviving the incredible amount of an energy produced by a nuclear meltdown and more radiation during her escape (if that's what she did) than a shoe-fitting fluoroscope are extremely unlikely, at best.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
I'm...pretty sure it doesn't work that way. If a living organism were infected by radiation poisoning, they'd probably just weaken and die in a week or so.
Also, an army of slave pokemon? That sounds very unlikely, and pretty lame in my opinion.
As a final point, if a nuclear reactor were to explode, such as in the explosion at Chernobyl, quite a large amount of radiation would be released into the environment and almost everything nearby would have to be evacuated immediately. The chances of somebody (your mother), not only surviving the incredible amount of an energy produced by a nuclear meltdown and more radiation during her escape (if that's what she did) than a shoe-fitting fluoroscope are extremely unlikely, at best.

As much as I had the same initial thought, not everything can be applicable to 'real life'. How would the same voltage of electricity that can take down a -rock- not end up 'killing' anything else...especially a Water type that keeps its skin moist? The same can go for this U-DNA, I s'pose...I assumed it was something that just dispalced important proteins or something in the skin and began, then, acting as a nonfatal toxin (that surely contributes to psychosis). As far as radiation goes, last I checked, DNA is not a particle...unless it's just a cool name.

Dude, it's mind control. Get with the times.

...not to mention evacuated for a while (and the people so-and-so far away would suffer, as well). Environmental effects (what I'm more interested in) would be minimal so long as there's a serum or something to displace the U-DNA on an 'infected' pkmn...do you guys plan anything like that? Or is there some panacea like the 'Stone of Lead' or something...?

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Oh, you guys just have to make things difficult for me, don't you? xD; Wish this was a bit more organized so I could answer your complaints in a nice orderly fashion... but that is not the case, so I'll try my best.

Aotios and Mutios' competition is what results in Tandor's geography--Aotios has slightly more power then Mutios (as a remnant of an old battle they fought), so the sea is in fact retreating away from the isles at a very slow rate (...hey, this is Pokemon; the legendaries have direct power over their elements). The "active" volcano is also Pokemon-powered, with its resident being a subject of a sidequest... but enough about that.

-Aliens are cool, but that's not the point of this game. =P Maybe someday I will make a game with aliens, but for now, it's actually not my choice as to how the plot goes-- you're looking for JV for that. xD ...And there's a point that you both are missing, that perhaps I didn't specify enough: they were very cautious when building the plant; it's on a tiny island that's surrounded for hundreds of miles by seawater (and I'm sure I'm contradicting myself by saying that, but whatever). Yes, it was a problem for residents of coastal cities, but here's the thing: for a nuclear meltdown (not an explosion mind you, a meltdown), it was suprisingly isolated... and yet the place still retains high levels of radiation, due to the Pokemon causing all this.

-As for the Nuclear Pokemon thing. Actually, this goes a lot deeper: Pokemon are defined by an attribute that determines type. Say it's a chromosome; whatever. If a mutation occurs in that chromosome, then that Pokemon's element is affected, and similarily its resistances and weaknesses change. That is the first thing affected when a Pokemon is exposed to radiation: its element changes. Nuclear Pokemon are, except for their creator, mindless: they more or less only follow their master because through it they can obtain more unstable elements with which they fuel the rapidly decaying element that is the source of their power and their life.

-Aotios and Mutios. When they are infected and brought under the legend's control, their power over their elements goes way out of whack. Vicious storms at sea and land batter the region and have been for the past ten or so years, only having increased in severity recently. Wild Pokemon are reacting strangely to their guardians' absence, understandably; there have been more and more attacks on people for no reason, their populations decline, that sort of thing. Only recently have these effects been connected to Aotios and Mutios, though, and even more recently the meltdown. So.

-Yin and Yang actually won't battle you unless it's training; Most of the time, they're on your side. I won't say much more on the matter; you'll just have to take my word that they aren't your standard "evil team" archetype. I really don't want to reveal our plans too much, and truth be told a lot of this is underdeveloped, and that's what we're working on.

Your constructive criticism helps, although the key word here is constructive... while I appreciate your pointing out the flaws in our logic, what would help even more is suggestions. We're always eager to hear what you-- or anyone, for that matter-- thinks we can do to improve. (short of "change the names" -- they will change when we feel the need to change them; right now, it's the plot structure that we're working on here.)

Peace!
-Zeph

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I think that zephyr explained at least most of your questions Agent Zero, I know that the radiation thing sound a bit impossible, but thats a game, if it had destroyed everything there wont be a game at all. Also, there is no point on explaining how the radioative molecules contamined the other pokemon DNA, all you need to know is that they were contamined. The explosion/meltdown is going to be green because I want it to be green, its my choice, white is just "blah". Aotiu and Mutios have nothing to do with Latias e Latios, its just a coinscidence that their names end with "S". Thanks Zephyr for helping me with the plot, which is probably my biggest problem due to my different mother language. And no, google translator is not good, my poor/medium english is still better than it.

Now for the game! You all can expect a nice update for today! We are going to show the new tiles and also change the old plot for the new one Zephyr is writing! (at least part of it if she doesnt have time to finish). Ill show at least one of the revamped maps too, ALL THE OLD MAPS WERE MODIFIED IN SOME WAY!

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Ummm...what can I say really? Well lets see. The pokemon look great, the games storyline is new and seems really great, and your team constantly work hard to improve the game and there skills. Overall the progress seems great, and a small demo would be even better! But anyway Keep up the good work and I look forward to this. Also why are some of the fakemon X'd out?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Haha, you seen it ^^, i think most people doesn't, anyways! It is update time!

~UPDATE~​

Hey guys, it has been some time since the last update right? But as I always do, I only post Huge updates. Some weeks ago I told you all that I was planning in doing together with ZephyrPlusle some new tiles, so the game looks more unique. Guess what? A lot of tiles are ready, and yes I will show you them now!
I also revamped all the maps in some way! They are all more realistic and also some of them received new paths to make exploration more interesting. I will show some of them.
There is still more to show in this update! The game plot was totally revised, ZephyrPlusle, the team spriter/plotter/everything wrote a new one that is more up-to-date with changes. Also there is a new sprite for Eletruxo and as Nytkoi has already commented, the new CSS layout! Well, it's getting boring to write all this, let's start!

~New Tiles

That is probably one of the coolest part of the update, Uranium now has its own exclusive tiles:

332atd1.png

(I can't believe! That means Uranium has custom grass, tall grass and trees? Amazing!)

2ewjd3p.png

(OMG, after so many custom things there are even more?! New sand! It looks real!)

2wptg5y.png

(Yay there is new water for the new sand!)

~Revamped Areas

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I have more maps too show but I think thats enough... Hmm whats next on the list? Ah its the new game's summary! Thanks again Zephyr for doing that =]. Please read it, its amazing...

~NEW SUMMARY

Spoiler:

Now the Grand Finale, I present you the new Eletruxo *-*!!

25ku6uq.png

Tadaa!! Well as I told you, check the new Css layout, its probably one of the best in GD, bye =D.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
The new sprite looks better.
Glad you could revamp all of the others.
Good job!

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
I am glad you all liked the new tiles, the revamped maps and also the new eletruxo =]. We are starting to get more attentio from the GD to our game yay! But anyways, does anyone has any comment to do for the new summary?

OG: You probably didnt check the first post, I marked all the pokemon that need revamp/fixing with a red cross =].

Thanks everyone ^^.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
The textures in the new tilesets are amazing. Although I much prefer them over the boring 2-D styles of third gen, some of them look a bit out of place. The grass (both regular and tall), seem a bit unprofessional compared to the other tiles. The tall grass almost looks flat, but the idea and effort are definitely there. The color of the ocean, I think would actually look better in a dark blue rather than the dark blue, if only because it matches poorly with the froth of the rocks.
I must say, however, the shadowing on the new sprite is refreshing.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
FINALLY MAN! Looks like my favorite pokamanz will be Eletruxo...Great job, and the tiles look good to. Keep up the good work. hmmm I think you should also fix up its starting evo too, but thats just me. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back