• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh, see Myrrh, we're not helping at all cause they actually want to draw Pokemon, lol. There's no challenge that revolves around that, and no matter how many times I read your post, I just can't grasp what you're looking for. I honestly don't see how drawing and doing a challenge have much to do with each other, though. What's wrong with just drawing? No need to play the game and draw at the same time.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2022
What's wrong with just drawing? I'm a lazy bastard that can't help but play video games instead of drawing :[ . No one but me can procrastinate without even wanting to do so! Also, if I just draw, I know I'd just start from Bulbasaur and go all the way up in national number order.

An Idea I have is to have short goals that will vary depending on pokemons. Something like participating in Pokemon contests/musicals for certain pokemons, beating certain badges, beat all the trainers in the Sport places. I'd need many goal however, in order to have at least one that fits every pokemon.

EDIT: Think I have an idea. What I could do is cheat to get myself two of a selected pokemon (with only one Move Tutor/Egg Move), a bunch of Rare Candies, and a code to reset Gym Leaders, so that I can fight them as much as I want to and not include the hassle of training them between Gyms. I'd need a way to select pokemons thought.

RE-EDIT: Alright. I got myself settled over a particuliar set of rules.

-The goal of the challenge is kind of a Speed Run using a particular pokemon. The Challenge starts right after I defeat N the first time (With his lame Purloin that crit'd me to death) and ends as soon as the 8th badge has been obtained. I try avoiding as much battle as possible, to make it faster.
-I use only 2 pokemon of the same Specie, at the first evolution. Both are of different genders. Variations may apply if it seems fit (such as Latias/Latios, or a Female Vespiqueen and 3 Combees).
-I draw a Gijinka picture of a pokemon the Gym after I have gotten the pokemon.
-The Pokemon chosen goes in Alphabetical order. That means the first is Abomasnow and Snover.

List of stuff to make it easier:
-A huge stack of Rare Candies, PP Ups and Max Repels. I cannot use a Rare Candy to make my pokemons over 5 levels higher than the Average Trainer. Also, all TMs already hacked in.
-A hacked pokemon, which has many HMs and SoftBoiled. His stats are 800 HP, but 1 of everything else.
-I may manually evolve a pokemon that requires Trading 10 levels after it evolved. If it does not evolve before, then I may make it evolve at level 25.

Rules of Pokemons:
-A Pokemon may start with 31 IVs everywhere and 510 EVs already set, in order to head toward a particular strategy.
-A Pokemon may start with only 1 Egg/Move Tutor/Event Move. It's power may not be over 60.
-After beating the 3rd and 6th Gyms, I may teach my pokemon a TM/Move Tutor/Event Move. It may not have over 80 power for the 3rd Gym.
-It may have any item equipped.

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
What's wrong with just drawing? I'm a lazy bastard that can't help but play video games instead of drawing :[ . No one but me can procrastinate without even wanting to do so! Also, if I just draw, I know I'd just start from Bulbasaur and go all the way up in national number order.

An Idea I have is to have short goals that will vary depending on pokemons. Something like participating in Pokemon contests/musicals for certain pokemons, beating certain badges, beat all the trainers in the Sport places. I'd need many goal however, in order to have at least one that fits every pokemon.

EDIT: Think I have an idea. What I could do is cheat to get myself two of a selected pokemon (with only one Move Tutor/Egg Move), a bunch of Rare Candies, and a code to reset Gym Leaders, so that I can fight them as much as I want to and not include the hassle of training them between Gyms. I'd need a way to select pokemons thought.

RE-EDIT: Alright. I got myself settled over a particuliar set of rules.

-The goal of the challenge is kind of a Speed Run using a particular pokemon. The Challenge starts right after I defeat N the first time (With his lame Purloin that crit'd me to death) and ends as soon as the 8th badge has been obtained. I try avoiding as much battle as possible, to make it faster.
-I use only 2 pokemon of the same Specie, at the first evolution. Both are of different genders. Variations may apply if it seems fit (such as Latias/Latios, or a Female Vespiqueen and 3 Combees).
-I draw a Gijinka picture of a pokemon the Gym after I have gotten the pokemon.
-The Pokemon chosen goes in Alphabetical order. That means the first is Abomasnow and Snover.

List of stuff to make it easier:
-A huge stack of Rare Candies, PP Ups and Max Repels. I cannot use a Rare Candy to make my pokemons over 5 levels higher than the Average Trainer. Also, all TMs already hacked in.
-A hacked pokemon, which has many HMs and SoftBoiled. His stats are 800 HP, but 1 of everything else.
-I may manually evolve a pokemon that requires Trading 10 levels after it evolved. If it does not evolve before, then I may make it evolve at level 25.

Rules of Pokemons:
-A Pokemon may start with 31 IVs everywhere and 510 EVs already set, in order to head toward a particular strategy.
-A Pokemon may start with only 1 Egg/Move Tutor/Event Move. It's power may not be over 60.
-After beating the 3rd and 6th Gyms, I may teach my pokemon a TM/Move Tutor/Event Move. It may not have over 80 power for the 3rd Gym.
-It may have any item equipped.

I can't see that as being much of a challenge. From what I skim read, you get to have powerful Pokémon and skip through most of the game with Rare Candies?

It also seems I forgot that I have to wait for Fisherman Wilson to call me on the Pokégear to get Remoraid in Gold. I'll just leave VBA on for a while... hehehehehe
Now I'll just hold off on progressing a bit till someone else posts in the Username Challenge thread...

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2022
I have only two Pokemons who shares the same weakness (Abomasnow got 7 weaknesses!). Rare Candies is only to skip through training in order to make the game faster (I don't want to take weeks for a single run, like I usually do). I know not to abuse of them anyway, I'd rather a strategic fight than a OHKO battle. Also, the Pokemons only have full EV and IV, like they were aimed for competitive Gameplay.

I'm actually thinking of just forgetting about Move Tutors moves, in order to limit even more my move choices and make less hassle if I would choose to get a Move Tutor move in the middle of the game.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It also seems I forgot that I have to wait for Fisherman Wilson to call me on the Pokégear to get Remoraid in Gold. I'll just leave VBA on for a while... hehehehehe
Now I'll just hold off on progressing a bit till someone else posts in the Username Challenge thread...

He called me on Gold the other day like...right after I registered him and said there were Remoraid. lol That never happens when I actually WANT one! I had to wait a while to continue my Tier Challenge because Eevee wouldn't evolve, and I wasn't about to go on without Psybeam for Espeon. No sir.

Daikoru, I wish I could help you, but...lol I just can't make sense of what you're wanting to do. You know, whatever challenge you do doesn't necessarily have to have a thread. You can just make it a personal challenge, and if you want somewhere to post the updates for it, use a journey journal. That's really all I can say...I'm so lost with what you're trying to accomplish.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2022
Yeah, I sometimes like to complicate stuff. But that's alright. I already got the challenge I wish to do, and in fact, already started it. Took myself two Snovers, an offensive one with Avalanche, and a defensive one with Leech Seed. And they're totally underleveled currently!

Now, to design a male Snover Gijinka. Hmmm...

vaporeon7

Years

He called me on Gold the other day like...right after I registered him and said there were Remoraid. lol That never happens when I actually WANT one! I had to wait a while to continue my Tier Challenge because Eevee wouldn't evolve, and I wasn't about to go on without Psybeam for Espeon. No sir.

I'm annoyed at myself because my Eevee evolved before it learnt Bite. I suppose Espeon will just have to sweep with Psychic.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I managed to get Bite, so I'm glad I got that, but I almost got stuck going through the harder parts of the game without a STAB move, and that would have been terrifying lol. I got my Teddiursa to evolve and catch up with the team as well, so I guess today has been productive, however I don't feel like playing Gold anymore today. I might play Emerald here in a bit. I've also been reading up on how to RNG, so lol maybe I should learn a new skill.

vaporeon7

Years
I managed to get Bite, so I'm glad I got that, but I almost got stuck going through the harder parts of the game without a STAB move, and that would have been terrifying lol. I got my Teddiursa to evolve and catch up with the team as well, so I guess today has been productive, however I don't feel like playing Gold anymore today. I might play Emerald here in a bit. I've also been reading up on how to RNG, so lol maybe I should learn a new skill.

You should definitely try and learn to RNG at some point, it's a great skill to have. I don't feel like playing a 3rd gen game atm, I'll just stick with G/S/C for a while, they're always so enjoyable.

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years

I thought Ultimates were just based off doing a game in each region.

I'm pretty sure that's only because there's only one "unique" game for each region (example: Red/Green/Blue/FireRed/LeafGreen/Yellow all have the same storyline). If it worked the way you're saying, then wouldn't Kanto be optional in Gen 2?

Anyways, the real reason I'm posting is because Black and White 2 are confirmed to have a new and original storyline, so it looks like Ultimates will be 6 games long now.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You should definitely try and learn to RNG at some point, it's a great skill to have. I don't feel like playing a 3rd gen game atm, I'll just stick with G/S/C for a while, they're always so enjoyable.

I'm probably going to find my parameters some time later today, or tomorrow since I've got more free time. But yeah, hopefully I don't lose my motivation to learn it. And I'm playing Gold now, lol. I've gone quite a while without an update on my Tier challenge, and it bothers me when I don't update for so long. So I'm grinding and gonna go beat Claire later and then update.

Anyways, the real reason I'm posting is because Black and White 2 are confirmed to have a new and original storyline, so it looks like Ultimates will be 6 games long now.

Thank goodness I don't do ultimates...lol :(

vaporeon7

Years
I'm pretty sure that's only because there's only one "unique" game for each region (example: Red/Green/Blue/FireRed/LeafGreen/Yellow all have the same storyline). If it worked the way you're saying, then wouldn't Kanto be optional in Gen 2?

I'm not doing the 6th part of any Ultimates that I have already finished. I will do it on B2/W2 when it comes out on any new ones I start though.

Also lol at the people on tumblr believing that I didn't beat Blue in 3:09. The next Get-together's Challenge Royalle will hopefully give me a better time (if we have one).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I HATE MY GBA. Grinding attempt failed twice. I switched to my GBA since my SP needs to charge and I don't feel like getting in a position to where I can play it while it's charging. So the cartridge accidentally hits my laptop after I've grinded Ursaring and I'm at Ampharos. Okay. Fine. No problem. Reset. I was catching up with Ursaring, AGAIN, and I PRESSED THE START BUTTON and it reset. -throws GBA- :| I'll wait on my SP to charge.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
^ Reason why I use an emulator.

Also, would BW2 really count towards a sixth game for ultimates? I mean, as far as we know it's still in Unova, regardless of a new storyline. While we're at it, why weren't a lot of other remakes added as games to the ultimate rule? FR/LG have a whole new location added on to it and such and HG/SS have a few new pieces to it as well. Emerald runs along the border of being included (in my mind) since it deals with both Magma and Aqua and has an entirely different layout as the first two games.
idk, honestly I think adding BW2 would be unnecessary to me. Plus, I really don't want to have to do my pink monochromatic challenge on a sixth game. Dx

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't like emulators, haha. I have ROMs of all gen I - III games, just in case something happens, but still, I prefer to play on the real things...for as long as I can, in gen I and II's case. :(

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
Also, would BW2 really count towards a sixth game for ultimates? I mean, as far as we know it's still in Unova, regardless of a new storyline. While we're at it, why weren't a lot of other remakes added as games to the ultimate rule? FR/LG have a whole new location added on to it and such and HG/SS have a few new pieces to it as well. Emerald runs along the border of being included (in my mind) since it deals with both Magma and Aqua and has an entirely different layout as the first two games.
idk, honestly I think adding BW2 would be unnecessary to me. Plus, I really don't want to have to do my pink monochromatic challenge on a sixth game. Dx

This game has an entirely new storyline. It is not a remake. FRLG is the same storyline as RBY, except that you have to go to the first 3 Sevii Islands. HGSS is almost the same as GSC, except for minor things like being forced to fight the Kimono Girls.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Now that I think about it, I think I agree with Jellicent on the B2W2 thing not counting towards ultimates. When I think of someone doing an ultimate challenge, I think that they're going to play through one game for each main game region, so it's more region based than storyline. Since B2W2 are still in Unova, either they or BW could be used as the 5th gen part of the ultimate challenge.

vaporeon7

Years
Now that I think about it, I think I agree with Jellicent on the B2W2 thing not counting towards ultimates. When I think of someone doing an ultimate challenge, I think that they're going to play through one game for each main game region, so it's more region based than storyline. Since B2W2 are still in Unova, either they or BW could be used as the 5th gen part of the ultimate challenge.

My opinion has changed. I agree with Syd now because it's like if you do your ultimate challenges with Orre, then you only use Colosseum or XD, not both, even though they have different storylines.

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
My opinion has changed. I agree with Syd now because it's like if you do your ultimate challenges with Orre, then you only use Colosseum or XD, not both, even though they have different storylines.

That's the way it works? I had thought you did both Colosseum and XD. I guess even if BW2 doesn't count as a 6th game for ultimates nothing is stopping me from challenging that game anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back