Male
A cape
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
16,273 posts
13.4 Years
Small Writing Competition
Judged by bobandbill, Bay Alexison and gimmepie

Welcome everyone to the Small Writing Competition! Ready to write a story based on this year's prompt that will impress the three judges and the rest of PC? Great!

But first, a few rules to keep in mind.

Rules

1.) Follow PC's rules and Fanfiction and Writing's rules.
2.) The stories written for this competition must be completely new. In other words, they must not have been written before and not posted anywhere else until judging is over.
3.) You must PM your entries to all of the judges. (This is so if someone loses their PMs the others still have them and so forth). The judges in question are bobandbill, Bay Alexison, and gimmepie. You also must post in this thread when you send your PMs so we can confirm you did send us an entry.
4.) One entry per member only, sorry.
5.) You have until 11:59pm EDT, 16th July to get your entry in. EDIT: An extra SIX hours have been granted.
6.) The story can be based on Pokemon or be original fiction (given the GT theme we would rather you go with a Pokemon theme though - it is about celebrating 20 years of Pokemon after all!). Note the judges may not all be familiar with any other fandoms.
7.) The entry can only be a completed one-shot as this is a small writing competition - no chaptered entries, please!
8.) Please don't publicly post your stories until the competition is over! Once the scores are posted and the competition is over, you may post your story in Fanfiction and Writing so that others may see it. Make sure to add [SWC] to your title if you do!

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Scoring

Each entry can have a maximum score of 30, with the points broken down into three categories equaling 10 points in total like in previous years. The categories are:

Spelling and Grammar
Characterization, Plot, and Description
Relevance to Prompt

The prompt is nostalgia, so good luck with making use of that in your story!

Emblems
First Prize

Second Prize

Third Prize

Entrants:
Deceptio
Caramel-O/Um E
OuterTsuchinoko
Forever
Kyoko
solivagant
Aisu
Miz en Scne
icomeanon6
Chr. Draco
Venia Silente

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"

Age 28
Male
Northern Virginia
Seen February 2nd, 2021
Posted May 26th, 2018
1,184 posts
13.4 Years
I'm in this year! :D

Very appropriate prompt for the 20th anniversary of Pokemon. Everyone grab your rose-tinted glasses, cause it's nostalgia time. (??_?)
Old, Janky Fics
[url-inline="showthread.php?t=146381"]Gary Stu's Unpredictable Adventure[/url-inline]
Complete and FULL of lame jokes
[url-inline="showthread.php?t=127518"]Kanto: The Disputed Frontier[/url-inline]
Canceled
(Now with MST3K'd chapter 1!)
Chapter Fics
[url-inline="showthread.php?t=406057"]Roving Degenerates with Dangerous Pets[/url-inline]
Canceled
[url-inline="showthread.php?t=387471"]Will Somebody Stop These Kids?[/url-inline]
Complete
[url-inline="showthread.php?p=9293373"]Digimon Campaign[/url-inline]
Complete
One-Shot Fics
[url-inline="showthread.php?t=404864"]Wild Horses in Winter[/url-inline]
[url-inline="showthread.php?t=385011"]Hubris Island[/url-inline]
A&D Collab 2016
[url-inline="showthread.php?p=7449808"]Giovanni Destroys the World and Everything in It[/url-inline]
Small Writing Contest
[url-inline="showthread.php?t=193500"]2009[/url-inline], [url-inline="showthread.php?t=230366"]2010[/url-inline], [url-inline="showthread.php?t=258543"]2011[/url-inline] (1st), [url-inline="showthread.php?t=305055"]2013[/url-inline] (1st), [url-inline="showthread.php?t=332174"]2014[/url-inline] (1st), [url-inline="showthread.php?t=374329"]2016[/url-inline] (2nd), [url-inline="showthread.php?t=400230"]2017[/url-inline] (1st)
Family (kind of?): [url-inline="member.php?u=25615"]Strange person who calls me strange names[/url-inline]

DJTiki

absolutely should have never given me the internet

Male
Florida, USA
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted April 11th, 2021
1,258 posts
7.4 Years
I'm in.

I think it's time to get my writing chops back in order. I've been getting back in the groove recently, and this would be just perfect for solidifying if I have the gusto or not. It's been a while since I wrote any novelizations or fanfictions for Pokemon. Good luck to everyone else entering the competition. Here's to a good Writing Showcase!

Winter

PRESS Ⓐ TO MAKE A WISH

Age 24
Female
Observatory
Seen May 26th, 2021
Posted August 30th, 2020
8,271 posts
6.4 Years
Might give this a shot, although the prompt is rather underwhelming (not a fan of those cliche one-word trope-y stuff) and I do have other personal projects that require my attention...

Jay

R I S E

Age 24
Male
Ireland
Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted May 23rd, 2021
862 posts
6.4 Years
I'll toss something together for this, sure.

machomuu

Lilybilly

Female
Take a left, turn right at the next stop, bear left for a few mil
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted June 20th, 2021
10,480 posts
13.3 Years
Ooohooo, this sounds like some good fun. Though I do have to wonder about that prompt, I've some ideas floating around that I'm hoping I can work out with this.

Been a little while since I've been able to do some serious writing.
Lize stands for:
L - Love
I - Of
Z - My
E - Life
Eternally bound, eternally paired, eternally Dutch. Say hi to her will ya? It'll be the best decision you make today. Promise.

Del

ιтѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde, нold мy нαɴd, ғollow мe, we'll вe ѕeт ғree...

Age 29
Male
Celadon City, Kanto
Seen May 30th, 2021
Posted May 30th, 2021
530 posts
11 Years
I am soooo IN!
About the name of the "ENTRANTS", I think using Um E will be better because Caramel-O might change before this competition is over!
ヽ(゚ー゚*ヽ)ヽ(*゚ー゚*)ノ(ノ*゚ー゚)ノ
ιтร ʀɑιɳιɳg ѳυт тɦɛʀɛ... ωɛɑʀ үѳυʀ cѳɑт, тɑкɛσυт тнε υɱɓʀɛʆʆɑ ɑɳɗ รтɛρ ѳυт բѳʀ ɑ ωɑʆк υɳɗɛʀ α gεηтℓε ʀɑιɳ sнσωεя...
cℓσsε үѳυʀ ɛүɛร... ғσcυs үσυя εαяs ση ʀɑιɳ ɗʀѳρร тιcкʆιɳg ѳѵɛʀ υɱɓʀɛʆʆɑ...
բɛɛʆ тɦɛ cѳʆɗ ɓʀɛɛzɛ вℓσωιηg αℓℓ σvεя үσυя вσ∂ү; εcstαsү...
ʀɑiɳ Բɑʆʆร
\(^○^)人(^○^)/

Lize

Forever paired with machomuu

Age 25
Female
Seen February 15th, 2021
Posted December 14th, 2020
574 posts
5.2 Years
I actually haven't really written anything.. But, I'd like to give it a try, so count me in.
Shadows will scream that I'm alone...

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.

Male
on the second floor's nest
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
1,046 posts
12.8 Years
As a more or less long-time irregular, I would join this... but it's not what it used to be.

...Get it?

No?

Was just kidding. :p

I think I will be joining this little contest, let's see what I can do. I tend to write better by prompt and this looks like a fun one to try. Plus, it gives me something fun to do during the month.

@icomeanin6, @aeternum, nice to see you hanging around here, too!
Venia Silente - Consulting WorldbuilderSocial·🐘ⓜ · · Direct·
Looking for background art.
[World] The Suocéverse «Thread» «Wiki»

Fic stuff~
SWC Selections
: Playfield : As They Were : Simpler than Magic : Beyond Today :

Other Releases
: FF&W Library : Stories : AO3 :

The Meta Journey!
Nidoran : Carnivine : Trapinch

Bay

She/They
Dani California
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
6,138 posts
15.2 Years
Yo, glad to see a lot of interest already. Me and the other judges are looking forward to checking the entries out!
Miles Edgeworth
Foul Play [On Hiatus]

OuterTsuchinoko

Age 29
Male
New Jersey
Seen November 19th, 2018
Posted July 13th, 2018
580 posts
5.4 Years
I've never written fanfiction or anything really, but I have had a really interesting idea for a while now and wanted to write one so I will use that to enter this. I think I can use the nostalgia theme in it too. I'm really excited actually to see what people will think of the story.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"

Age 28
Male
Northern Virginia
Seen February 2nd, 2021
Posted May 26th, 2018
1,184 posts
13.4 Years
As a more or less long-time irregular, I would join this... but it's not what it used to be.

...Get it?

No?

Was just kidding. :p
Lol. Seriously though, after seven years for me I think it's safe to say I have some nostalgia for the SWC. Especially 2009, the field was so good that year. This year's looking good so far too. :)

Might give this a shot, although the prompt is rather underwhelming (not a fan of those cliche one-word trope-y stuff) and I do have other personal projects that require my attention...
The prompt's just a prompt, you can take it in any direction you want as long as it's relevant. No reason any of the stories have to be cliched.
Old, Janky Fics
[url-inline="showthread.php?t=146381"]Gary Stu's Unpredictable Adventure[/url-inline]
Complete and FULL of lame jokes
[url-inline="showthread.php?t=127518"]Kanto: The Disputed Frontier[/url-inline]
Canceled
(Now with MST3K'd chapter 1!)
Chapter Fics
[url-inline="showthread.php?t=406057"]Roving Degenerates with Dangerous Pets[/url-inline]
Canceled
[url-inline="showthread.php?t=387471"]Will Somebody Stop These Kids?[/url-inline]
Complete
[url-inline="showthread.php?p=9293373"]Digimon Campaign[/url-inline]
Complete
One-Shot Fics
[url-inline="showthread.php?t=404864"]Wild Horses in Winter[/url-inline]
[url-inline="showthread.php?t=385011"]Hubris Island[/url-inline]
A&D Collab 2016
[url-inline="showthread.php?p=7449808"]Giovanni Destroys the World and Everything in It[/url-inline]
Small Writing Contest
[url-inline="showthread.php?t=193500"]2009[/url-inline], [url-inline="showthread.php?t=230366"]2010[/url-inline], [url-inline="showthread.php?t=258543"]2011[/url-inline] (1st), [url-inline="showthread.php?t=305055"]2013[/url-inline] (1st), [url-inline="showthread.php?t=332174"]2014[/url-inline] (1st), [url-inline="showthread.php?t=374329"]2016[/url-inline] (2nd), [url-inline="showthread.php?t=400230"]2017[/url-inline] (1st)
Family (kind of?): [url-inline="member.php?u=25615"]Strange person who calls me strange names[/url-inline]

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.

Male
on the second floor's nest
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
1,046 posts
12.8 Years
Lol. Seriously though, after seven years for me I think it's safe to say I have some nostalgia for the SWC. Especially 2009, the field was so good that year. This year's looking good so far too. :)
...Don't you mean the playfield was good? :p

I have to sit through two meetings, one family, one business, today but after that and the mandatory night of sleep I'll see what I can think of for this one.
Venia Silente - Consulting WorldbuilderSocial·🐘ⓜ · · Direct·
Looking for background art.
[World] The Suocéverse «Thread» «Wiki»

Fic stuff~
SWC Selections
: Playfield : As They Were : Simpler than Magic : Beyond Today :

Other Releases
: FF&W Library : Stories : AO3 :

The Meta Journey!
Nidoran : Carnivine : Trapinch

bobandbill

one more time

Male
A cape
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
16,273 posts
13.4 Years
Alright I've entered my story to the three judges. Hope you like.
Entry received!

Already at three entries now, good start.

Staff Anime Villain Collab - Earl de Darkwood - Interstella 5555

Daily | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Paired to Sheep :>

Del

ιтѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde, нold мy нαɴd, ғollow мe, we'll вe ѕeт ғree...

Age 29
Male
Celadon City, Kanto
Seen May 30th, 2021
Posted May 30th, 2021
530 posts
11 Years
Well It look like there i plenty of time, maybe I made a mistake by coming up with a story right away LOL, can I edit? well what done is done now I think... hahahhahaha
ヽ(゚ー゚*ヽ)ヽ(*゚ー゚*)ノ(ノ*゚ー゚)ノ
ιтร ʀɑιɳιɳg ѳυт тɦɛʀɛ... ωɛɑʀ үѳυʀ cѳɑт, тɑкɛσυт тнε υɱɓʀɛʆʆɑ ɑɳɗ รтɛρ ѳυт բѳʀ ɑ ωɑʆк υɳɗɛʀ α gεηтℓε ʀɑιɳ sнσωεя...
cℓσsε үѳυʀ ɛүɛร... ғσcυs үσυя εαяs ση ʀɑιɳ ɗʀѳρร тιcкʆιɳg ѳѵɛʀ υɱɓʀɛʆʆɑ...
բɛɛʆ тɦɛ cѳʆɗ ɓʀɛɛzɛ вℓσωιηg αℓℓ σvεя үσυя вσ∂ү; εcstαsү...
ʀɑiɳ Բɑʆʆร
\(^○^)人(^○^)/

Chr. Draco

Visiting Twilight Town and eating sea salt ice cream

Male
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
968 posts
12.7 Years
Hi, I would like to give it a try. Is there a limit on the amount of words or pages? i'm wondering if there is an specific letter size and Font as a standard to be used, and, do we have to write directly our story in a message or attach it? Sorry, I'm new into this. Thanks.
Roar of Time