• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Best Music From XY?

KOZSTAR

Diabolical
Years
If you ask me, generation 6 had the best soundtracks (specifically XY). So I ask, what did you think of the soundtrack of this game, and what was your favorite?

Mine goes to Snowbelle City. It's a very serene and Christmas-like theme, and it suits the atmosphere quite well.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I think X/Y should be given more credit for its music, there's a lot of interesting stuff.
I will name Xerneas battle theme, because of the thrill of the battle

Years
I've been appreciating XY's music more lately! The wild Pokémon battle theme, Diantha's battle theme, and Snowbelle City are some nice ones. I also like Vs. Xerneas/Yveltal a lot and it's one I used to listen to a lot. <3

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Honestly, half the time I don't pay attention to music in Pokemon Games unless it is a special trainer or legendary pokemon. Right now I am playing X again and I don't even recall any of the music I've encountered so far. That will probably give an idea on how much I don't pay attention to music lol.

However, Snowbelle City Theme I freaking love. And then the remix by GlitchxCity just enhanced my love for it. It is probably one of my favorite themes.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 2, 2021
i don't remember the soundtrack
i usually play on mute, except for battle tower and its variations
i like to hear all the sound when in these modes because it gives me more concentration
so i will mention Battle Maison, if i'm not mistaken this is the battle tower from x/y

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
XY had some of the best bangers but also some of the more forgettable music at the same time weirdly lol. but my faves are the gym leader battle, E4 battle, anistar city, snowbelle city, and trainer battle.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Liked the Gym Leader music. Felt indifferent towards the rest. Shuts out music quickly in most Pokemon games, especially non-battle themes.

Years
Another vote for Snowbelle City's theme. It's nice and relaxing. Since Kalos is such a busy and showy metropolitan region I like Snowbelle becauase it's different, a contrast. This place is quiet, quaint and pastoral, and shows a more intimate side of Kalos. The music is a vital part of why the atmosphere seems calming to me, along with seeing the fluffy snow sprinkle down. I think the theme music does a good job capturing how alluring winter can be. The gentle xylophone notes sound like falling icicle droplets.

XY doesn't have my favorite soundtrack, even though I do like the games, I think that the battle themes can get a little distracting. That being said, it has some interesting tracks, especially for the location music. I'm glad that Sydian mentioned Anistar City's theme, because I had forgotten it, but hearing it again took my breath away. The rhythm of the bells and gong weaves this exotic, fanciful ambiance that fits the strange but beautiful dreamscape of the city with it's psychic Pokemon and big Crystal sundial, and that whistling sound you here is unexpected and whimsical.

Shalour City is also something. Even though Kalos is inspired by France, the music of this environment feels more suggestive of traditional Japanese string instruments. The space feels majestic and earthy and fit for a proud warrior, a great choice for city that has the fighting gym and also holds the ancient secrets of mega evolution.

Years
Kalos Elite Four music goes hard. Also it may or may not be the only music I remember from that gen (not including the nostalgic ORAS ones ofc).

Years
I don't remember much of XY. However, there's this one track I want to say Anistar City. Idk, I kinda vibe with it. It has the weird colorful statue thing, and if you play as the girl character, you can get awesome frilly clothes at the boutique which I dig...if only I had the patience to go through my X copy again *sigh*

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Some of my favorites include Super Training, the Elite Four battle theme, and the Kalos Power Plant. I've never actually played XY, so my opinion on their music isn't the most well-informed, but those three tracks are just so good.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Personally for me, it was the 'Successor Korrina" battle theme. I was already a fan of the gym leader music in X and Y, but dang, the successor theme is so much more intense.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I really need to re-play X... I remember getting annoyed with the characters and "plot", but I absolutely loved the gameplay and liked the music. It had plenty of memorable tracks.

Some of my absolute favorites are route 15 and the Sycamore themes, oh and Anistar City! Quite unique.

pkmin3033

I would actually say that Diantha has the third best Champion theme in the series, after Cynthia and Lance. It's pretty standout. Routes 2 and 4 also aggravatingly catchy, in the same way the Kanto equivalents to those routes were. Just something I'd get stuck in my head for HOURS. Not in a bad way, mind. More of an "oh shit, I'm humming this under my breath AGAIN and now I want to play" way when you realise what you're doing...or maybe that's just me.

Back