Spoiler:

Finished the Ekans-line.

NAJA (m) @ lvl78
Nature: Naive
Ability: Intimidate
Hold Item: Rawst Berry
Moves: Return, Earthquake, Giga Drain, Bite

Remarks:
- The hardest part was definitely the beginning, with Ekans having very limited moves. It asked for a lot of patience, which I don't always have (and therefore I procrastinated this project for a few weeks). I beat the E4 in one go, even though NAJA was close to fainting a few times.

Progress
Spoiler:

“You know,” said Arthur, “it’s at times like this, when I’m trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I’d listened to what my mother told me when I was young.”
“Why, what did she tell you?”
“I don’t know, I didn’t listen.”

Suon

Male
Australia
Seen September 27th, 2018
Posted September 13th, 2018
75 posts
4.6 Years

SUON SOLOS KANTO
...over and over again..
challenges completed: 11/81 (or 28/151)

UPDATE 10: RAICHU
Spoiler:

Finished the Pikachu-line.

APODEMUS (m) @ lvl81
Nature: Naive
Ability: Static
Hold Item: None
Moves: Thunderbolt, Secret Power, Iron Tail, Double Team

Remarks:
- As a Pikachu, APODEMUS struggled a bit with his low defenses, especially in the main battles around Cerulean City
- The E4 was easy, but Champion BEIGE's Rhydon suddenly OHKO'd APODEMUS. At the second try, I set up 6 Double Teams against his Pidgeot before facing Rhydon, and succeeded.

UPDATE 11: SANDSLASH
Spoiler:

Finished the Sandshrew-line.

TACHY (m) @ lvl78
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Sand Veil
Moves: Earthquake, Rock Slide, Aerial Ace, Sandstorm

Remarks:
- TACHY lost almost every match against rival INDIGO, except the final Champion one.
- TACHY fainted once in a gymbattle, surprisingly against Koga's Muk...
- The E4, including Champion INDIGO, was very easy, using one X Attack in each battle.

Progress
Spoiler:

[/SPOILER]
“You know,” said Arthur, “it’s at times like this, when I’m trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I’d listened to what my mother told me when I was young.”

Suon

Male
Australia
75 posts
4.6 Years

SUON SOLOS KANTO
...over and over again..
challenges completed: 13/81 (or 35/151)

UPDATE 12: NIDOQUEEN
Spoiler:

Finished the Nidoran?-line.

LEPORI (f) @ lvl79
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Poison Point
Moves: Earthquake, Thunderbolt, Crunch, Water Pulse

Remarks:
This was a fairly easy run, from start to finish. Had good coverage moves, although I did almost faint against Lorelei's Lapras. Even forgot to buy X Items, but didn't need them.

UPDATE 13: NIDOKING
Spoiler:

Finished the Nidoran?-line.

LEPUS (m) @ lvl76
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Poison Point
Moves: Earthquake, Ice Beam, Brick Break, Shadow Ball

Remarks:
Same as with the Nidoqueen, this was an easy run. Only Rival Green's Gyarados gave me trouble by hitting Hydro Pump five times in a row. Keep on healing until the PP runs out always works though.

Also, didn't forget to take screenshots for a change. Try to make them with all upcoming runs from now on.

Progress
Spoiler:

ShinyHoundoom

Houndoom Fan

Age 28
Female
Route 214
Seen August 14th, 2018
Posted August 10th, 2018
98 posts
11.6 Years
Holy Arceus it's been way to long since I've done anything challenge wise. I finally beat Alpha Sapphire part for the Houndoom Ultimate. Special mention to Steven for the strat being hope Aggron misses Stone Edge because it has Sturdy.

Spoiler:
Cerberus the Houndoom (f)
Level 57
Houndoomite
-Nasty Plot
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse
-Overheat

Suon

Male
Australia
75 posts
4.6 Years

SUON SOLOS KANTO
...over and over again..
challenges completed: 14/81 (or 37/151)

UPDATE 14: CLEFABLE
Spoiler:

Finished the Clefairy-line.

ERTEGI (f) @ lvl80
Nature: Timid
Ability: Cute Charm
Moves: Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Calm Mind

Remarks:
Wow! The very first time I ever used a Clefable, and what a beast she can be! She doesn't learn many useful moves herself, but can be taught many. With Ice, Electric and Psychic moves, all of the E4 and Rival Pokes are covered (except for Jynx and Alakazam, but I chose Calm Mind over Shadow Ball).

Progress
Spoiler:

HappySlappyDurandalEX

Nagendul Brood of Remnant's Zerg Swarm

Male
The Grand Region of Tennessee
Seen November 3rd, 2018
Posted September 22nd, 2018
6 posts
305 Days
Username: HappySlappyDurandalEX
Partner Pokemon: Nidoking
Challenge: Single
Game(s): X
Previous Progress: No

Best Dialogue Ever!!
Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty

Tychus Findlay: We spent a lot of time huntin' down all them pieces. Now 'it's all together, this thing gives me the willies somethin' awful.
Jim Raynor: I know what you mean. When I look at it, it's... it's like I can hear voices in my head... Sooner we're done with this thing, the better.
General Warfield: Agreed. Right now this artifact is the most important weapon in the universe and we're going to use it.
Tychus Findlay: I just wish the damn thing came with an instruction manual. For all we know we could be upsettin' the entire space-time continuum!
Jim Raynor: Easy, Tychus. This ain't science fiction.

Fanfiction.Net Profile Link (First story should be up in 3 weeks): https://www.fanfiction.net/u/10473670/

Zero-G

on the fly

Male
outer space.
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
102 posts
1.1 Years
While I almost exclusively play hacks/QoL mods I feel like I shouldn't be excluded, so here's things.

Username: Zero-G
Partner Pokemon: Walrein
Game: Ultra Violet
Progress: 0/8, freshly started

Partner Pokemon: Grumpig
Game: Emerald
Progress: Complete.

Partner Pokemon: Garchomp
Game: Dark Rising 2
Progress: Complete

(in brackets, since the partner here was a fakemon, so idk if it's even allowed)
Partner Pokemon: Jesmon
Game: Dark Rising Origins - Worlds Collide
Progress: Complete

... I will never solo any Dark Rising game again. I haven't struggled that much with the E4 anywhere. Not even in Vega.

FactoriesFarAway

Youngster

Female
UK
Seen April 30th, 2019
Posted April 29th, 2019
63 posts
153 Days
I've been debating doing this for quite a while and whilst I have other unfinished challenges, this one in particular is really nagging me and I feel like I need to do it. I legit don't even know if it's possible but I'm assuming it is.

Username: FactoriesFarAway
Partner Pokemon: Shedinja
Game(s): Sapphire
Completed Challenges: Ultimate Bug Monotype (LeafGreen, HeartGold, Ruby, Platinum, Black, Y, Sun), Fighting Monotypes (FireRed, OmegaRuby)
Ongoing Challenges: Fighting Monotype Ultimate (working on White), Yellow Anime-Style Challenge, Red Flying Monotype
Age 28
Male
France
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
13 posts
6.3 Years
Username: SP458
Partner Pokemon: Dratini
Game(s): Red (1/8)

After defeating Brock:

Spoiler:

Dratini Lv.12 (2725 Exp. Points)
35 HP / 24 Attack / 19 Defense / 20 Speed / 21 Special
- Wrap
- Leer
- Thunder Wave

Defeated Brock by using Leer enough times on Geodude to use as few Wrap PP as possible, and thus keep enough PP for Onix.

ZexceedKeil123

The Komaeda of Pokemon

Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
16 posts
50 Days
First Update I started the game and stupidly picked Treeko as my started misremembering what move the tutorial Poochyena gets but decided to run with it. So I chaught the female Pooch with Thunder fang and named it Shenzi after the female heyna in The Lion King as I always name my males Ed. She was a bit rough to train at first not hitting level 7 till I beat every trainer on route 102 but I went through grinding to level 20 before taking on Roxanne just cause I felt like it but man dit it take a while. Long story short started, got the first gym badge and then got off for the night.

Mightyena(Shenzi) Level 20
Thunder Fang
Howl
Bite
Sand Attack

ZexceedKeil123

The Komaeda of Pokemon

Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
16 posts
50 Days
Didn't get much progress to day because of frustration with the second gym can't get passed that second trainer no matter what I do but anyway no changes to Shenzi except a few levels

Mightyena(Shenzi) Level 23
Bite
Thunder Fang
Sand Attack
Howl
Ongoing Challenges
Emerald Randomized Nuzlocke(0/8)

Completed Challenges
Mightyena Solorun of Omega Ruby
Age 28
Male
France
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
13 posts
6.3 Years
Update: Finally defeated Misty at Cerulean Gym after clearing the Routes 24 and 25 to Bill.

Spoiler:

Dratini Lv.26
69 HP / 50 Attack / 38 Defense / 41 Speed / 42 Special
- BubbleBeam
- Wrap
- Leer
- Agility

I gave Dratini Water Gun for the Hiker's Rock Pokémon, then I replaced Thunder Wave with Agility to outspeed potential teams of quick Pokémon without spending turns paralyzing them (especially as Body Slam will be available at S.S. Anne).

ZexceedKeil123

The Komaeda of Pokemon

Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
16 posts
50 Days
After a grinding and grinding and grinding I finally beat Brawley at level 33 then talked to steven. Then went and tracked down Stern beat some Magma Grunts and then Destroyed May before going and taking on Watson. Won and went to the Cave with May to save Cosmo then to Lavaridge beat Flannery. Grinded a bit before taking on Dad and used a tiny raccoon to surf and then saved a dragon boxed then at Fortree destroyed Winona. Story story story beat team Magma at their base and then Tate and Liza. story story story chaught Groudon and then took on Wallace lost the first time grinded just a bit and then won. Grinded on my way to the elite four and beat Wally after a few tries then made it to EverGrande and took my first stab at the E4 First three where easy but Drake caused a few Problems so I had to do it 3 times before even getting to Steven and then at least 5 move just to beat him so there we go endof this

Mightyena(Shenzi) Level 63
Crunch
Shadow Ball
Rock Smash
Strength
Ongoing Challenges
Emerald Randomized Nuzlocke(0/8)

Completed Challenges
Mightyena Solorun of Omega Ruby
Age 28
Male
France
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
13 posts
6.3 Years
Solo Dratini Update: Dratini evolved while clearing S.S. Anne and I've also defeated Lt. Surge (I've caught a Paras to cut the tree besides the Gym).

Spoiler:

Dragonair Lv.34
102 HP / 79 Attack / 63 Defense / 68 Speed / 69 Special
- Body Slam
- BubbleBeam
- Thunderbolt
- Agility

Finally a 100% accurate moveset, with Body Slam as its main move, BubbleBeam being useful vs. Hikers and Thunderbolt vs. the ghosts at Pokémon Tower.

TailsMK4

Age 28
Male
Texas
Online now
Posted 12 Hours Ago
447 posts
1.1 Years
Username: TailsMK4
Partner Pokemon: Azumarill
Game(s): Black 2 (2/8)

Since previous progress means if I started this challenge in the old thread, no, I do not have prior progress. In a game sense, though, I did already do some of the challenge prior to signing up. I have already completed 2 gyms out of 8 in the Black 2 run, but wanted to see how those initial battles go before I make my run "official". If this run ends up successful I intend to try the same Pokemon solo on the Blaze Black 2 hack.

Currently I am going through Castelia City, knocking out a bunch of side stuff before I continue with the story. I did end up using the marking cheat codes on an Azurill I caught early on, only because the initial grind to get EVs would have doubled the amount of time I would spend on this game, not to mention the challenge would be quite a bit harder with bad IVs. However, the Azumarill I have is legal since all I did was change its Nature, max out its IVs and its HP and Attack EVs (I grinded on Purrloins to get the last 6 points into Speed), and its Happiness to get it evolved right away since non-STAB Bubble does puny damage in this game. I kept everything else it started with. The intention of the cheat codes was to drastically reduce the time I would have spent at the start of the game.

EDIT: I have finished the challenge, and while the Pokemon League itself actually didn't end up as tough as I thought it would, it did still challenge me as to how to defeat each of the opponent's Pokemon. I have a picture in spoilers of both proof of my completion as well as what I considered the top 3 hardest parts of this run.

Spoiler:

3. The Pokemon League. This really just came down to how quickly I could defeat the opponent's Pokemon as well as health management. I ended up not having to use any items due to my Pokemon's very high level, but the decision for me to use Leftovers as the hold item (as well as the use of Aqua Ring), definitely contributed to using no medicine at the League. No particular battle stood out except for Shauntal's Cohagrigus inflicting Azumarill with Mummy once Azumarill took it out, essentially cutting Azumarill's power in half, which although he did not have too much trouble with the rest of Shauntal's team, a previous battle where this happened made me nervous going to the second Pokemon. The other battle was Grimsley's Liepard inflicting Attract on Azumarill, causing the fight to stall for a while since Liepard did not do enough damage that Leftovers + Aqua Ring couldn't completely heal.

2. Colress on the Plasma Frigate. While I equipped Azumarill with the means to take out Dragons, Steel types can present a problem, especially if it becomes much harder to use Aqua Tail. That is exactly what happened with this battle is that Azumarill was paralyzed early, so Azumarill definitely could not out speed Colress's team, and Colress equipped his Pokemon with some Electric attacks, including Volt Switch. Aqua Ring definitely helped here.

1. Ghetsis. He was furious that I managed to OHKO Black Kyurem with one Return attack (though it was a crit). Status effects really showed up in this battle, starting with the early Toxic move after Azumarill got Mummy from physically attacking Cohagrigus. Eleketross was when I started having to use items in battle, and this was the only battle I had to use items in order to survive. I would cure Azumarill of the deadly poison, only for him to get paralyzed just one turn later. So quite a few healing and status effect removing items were used to beat the rest of Ghetsis's team. My Azumarill had been overleveled on major battles since Roxie, and this was the only one that got the health in the red.

In the end, this is Azumarill's stats, having just leveled up from taking out Iris's last Pokemon:

Azumarill (Adamant):
Level 94
Return
Aqua Tail
Ice Punch
Aqua Ring
Holding: Leftovers
Current VPP: (to be turned into a Leafeon later) --------------- Fire Type Emblem Character: Coral
Age 28
Male
France
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
13 posts
6.3 Years
Solo Dratini Update: Even without any grinding I didn't expect a slow-growing Pokémon such as Dragonair to reach that level (though I've been helped by the Rare Candies). Easily cleared the Rocket Hideout and the Celadon Gym thanks to the TM for Ice Beam. It should evolve around the Silph Co. arc.

Spoiler:

Dragonair Lv.46
141 HP / 110 Attack / 90 Defense / 94 Speed / 97 Special
- Body Slam
- BubbleBeam
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

draco762

what it d0

Seen 5 Days Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
1 posts
11 Days
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY what up
I'm about to dab on the entire Pokemon League with my dude Empoleon and I'm going to do it on stream

Username: DRACO762
Partner Pokemon: Empoleon
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): Platinum, SoulSilver, Black 2, Y, Alpha Sapphire, Ultra Sun

I'm not allowed to post links yet, so if you care enough to watch some dude end the Pokemon Leagues whole career with 1 penguin boi, just search for "draco762" on youtube and you should find my channel.
I won't update too much here except cross out all the games I've beaten and post the hall of fame screenshots.
Advertiser Content