Advertiser Content

Sheep

Female
Cape Town
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
26,197 posts
12.8 Years
Interesting question. How many of you guys can name every existing Pokémon from memory? I'm a big nerd and should be able to name all of them (sometimes I have brain farts and forget a few, but that usually comes back quickly), but I've seen others who could only name up to a certain generation. What about you?

pair family mal llsif bandori ffxiv art
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.

Male
on the second floor's nest
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
816 posts
10.8 Years
I think I can mention from memory all Pokémon from Gens 1, 2 and 3. After that it starts to get fuzzy at some points besides one can easily get the names of some Pokémon wrong such as the Klink line.

But who knows? With enough caffeine everything is possible.
Venia Silente - Consulting Worldbuilder
Background... some day.
Fic stuff~

SWC Entries
: Playfield 2009 : Misaimed for Life 2014 : As They Were 2016 : Simpler than Magic 2017 : Beyond Today 2018 :

Other Releases
: Pseudo-Legendary : Silly human, romance is for Nidoran! (Valentine's : Tricks of the Love Fast (Valentine's) : Overlord (meow~) :
»»More in profile link or wiki link««

The Meta Journey!
Nidoran : Carnivine

Brendino

Shamouti Island
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 14 Hours Ago
8,186 posts
9.6 Years
You bet I can, and in National Dex order, too. Just watch me!

Spoiler:
Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Venusaur
Charmander
Charmeleon
Charizard
Squirtle
Wartortle
Blastoise
Caterpie
Metapod
Butterfree
Weedle
Kakuna
Beedrill
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Pidgeot
Rattata
Raticate
Spearow
Fearow
Ekans
Arbok
Pikachu
Big Pikachu
Baby Pikachu
Detective Pikachu
Sandachu
Big Sandachu
Hawaiian Sandachu
Eevee
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Lumineon
Magneteon
Typhloseon
Mew
Mewtwo
Verizon
Rotom Dex
Rotom Phone
Rotom Helicopter
Wooloo

Pretty sure that's all of them. If I missed one or two then it's not my fault- they probably aren't going to be in the Galar Dex anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

icycatelf

Fake Card Artist

Age 29
Male
Kentucky
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
2,323 posts
14.4 Years
I doubt I could list them all off the top of my head, but I'm confident I could name them all from pics (except one or two of the Srd/Sld Pokés whose names I've yet to memorize). Maybe silhouettes as well, given they aren't deceptive (no Jigglypuff from the top view). (Might have trouble with Voltorb/Electrode, though.) Definitely can't name them in order.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5742-6200 • deviantARTGaiaOnline

MargatroidCA

Seven-Coloured Puppeteer

Male
Sinnoh
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
47 posts
64 Days
Definitely not off the top of my head, but if I had some pictures or something to go off of then yeah, I think I could name most Pokemon.
~ Touhou Project ~
Female
new york
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
22 posts
14 Days
i could probably name the original 151 off the top of my head (not in order)... up to gen 5 i can name most of them based on a picture i think o: i wasnt really too invested in XY or sun/moon so i honestly am not familiar with the entirety of their respective dexes! i know a lot of them but some of their names escape me

Nah

Age 26
Female
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
13,483 posts
5.7 Years
I'm certain I could name a lot from raw memory, but not sure exactly how many that would be. Definitely could not do literally all of them though.
Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Online now
Posted 10 Hours Ago
3,192 posts
6.2 Years
I think I could name them all out of my head. I would have problems in IV and V as I'm not sure where few Pokémon, mostly the fish ones, belong to, but could figure it out after few minutes. I would also misspell few of them as I was just thinking how are Aromatisse and Slurpuff spelled correctly. I even called Slurpuff Spurmuff or something like that. I also don't count Gen VIII Pokémon as I haven't caught up on the Roggenrola and Gigalith clones' names.

Percy

Male
Asia
Seen 33 Minutes Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
2,894 posts
4.9 Years
i think i can't. from memory alone but if there's a picture, then I can. there's so many pokemon nowadays that I just can't remember them all :(

colours

past our yesterdays

Female
the dream world
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
4,678 posts
14.3 Years
not in generational order.

kind of ashamed that as a former seventh gen mod, I don't really remember a whole lot of seventh gen Pokemon. ._.

but then again, I don't remember a lot of sixth gen Pokemon either. for whatever reason, the more recent gen Pokemon slip my mind because I tend to use older Pokemon in my playthroughs more often than not.

Witch

Age 31
Female
Saffron Gym
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
2,525 posts
11 Years
Heck no I can't! Lmao. I can barely remember the 151 without hesitation. I'm getting so old...*sobbing* but, really. No. I can't really remember pokemon that I haven't trained in the newer games.
♥Paired to Sushi.♥ | Grandparent
Sister | Daughter | Grandson
My Twitter | Credit

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!

Age 33
Male
Seattle, WA
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
2,484 posts
7.2 Years
for certain I know I can't, over 800
I can probably memorize 2/3ds of them, mainly my favorites

its the ones I hate the most I have harder time memorizing
(bugs, and the "too human" looking ones)
I ♥ Foxes and Cats!! - art i drew myself
instead of 'Catch 'em All' for me would be "gotta Pet 'Em All"
check out my arts: Firox-Fox - Discord: Jyo-Espeon#0363

Yue Han

Age 27
Male
Guangzhou
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
630 posts
1.5 Years
I've done the sporcle quizzes for the first 6 generations and I generally manage 100% for 1, 2, 3 & 6 but there's always a few stragglers from 4 & 5 that get me although different every time. I haven't done one for 7 yet actually though.

Gen 1 for anyone that wants to try:
https://www.sporcle.com/games/g/pokemon

Qu4ntumSh3rd

Keyblade Awakener

Male
Ultra Megalopolis, dueling with the Ultra Recon Squad
Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
15 posts
39 Days
I could name Gen 1, possibly gen 7, but not any other gens.

Nah

Age 26
Female
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
13,483 posts
5.7 Years
I've done the sporcle quizzes for the first 6 generations and I generally manage 100% for 1, 2, 3 & 6 but there's always a few stragglers from 4 & 5 that get me although different every time. I haven't done one for 7 yet actually though.

Gen 1 for anyone that wants to try:
https://www.sporcle.com/games/g/pokemon
oh, this is a good way for us to test ourselves

I only did the first 3 gens so far, will do the others later:
Spoiler:

Nah ンン
“No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Online now
Posted 30 Minutes Ago
4,714 posts
10.5 Years
From memory? Maybe, it depends on how I'm feeling, though. But in Pokedex order? Probably not...
Theme: Tsukinaga Leo
Pair: Green

donavannj

Age 28
Male
'cause it get cold like Minnesota
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
22,239 posts
14.4 Years
From memory? Absolutely not. Gimme a name or an image and I can definitely tell you whether it's a Pokemon or not, though. I know them all, I just can't bring every name to the front of my mind when put on the spot.
whoops

SorveteQuente

Bookworm

Male
Brazil
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
1,165 posts
1.2 Years
I've actually tested this in sporcle, and the results weren't very good. xD I probably wouldn't be able to.
The world was full of cravens who pretended to be heroes; it took a queer sort of courage to admit to cowardice as he had.

colours

past our yesterdays

Female
the dream world
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
4,678 posts
14.3 Years
a good memory test would be to see "how many of the most recent generation pokemon you can name without looking them up"

most people who grew up on the older generations would be more than familiar enough with them so this would be an interesting approach
Advertiser Content