• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speculation Galar Region Anime Discussion

Years
New SS anime adoption, what would like to have one?

I wonder what kind of anime adoption will have on SS for it, i am hoping there would be an Female Traveling companion based on Female trainer.

I not sure more about it, and you?

(sorry for my poor English)

Last edited by a moderator:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
This might be better suited for the Anime section of the site. But to answer you.

Ash, if he continues, which I am certain he will, I think it could be time to get the female traveling companion out again. We need to see the gym leaders to be certain. It looks like there might be something new similar to contests that deals with soccer, because I see 5 stadiums on the map, this could be a goal for Ash's traveling companion.

Years
This might be better suited for the Anime section of the site. But to answer you.

Ash, if he continues, which I am certain he will, I think it could be time to get the female traveling companion out again. We need to see the gym leaders to be certain. It looks like there might be something new similar to contests that deals with soccer, because I see 5 stadiums on the map, this could be a goal for Ash's traveling companion.

Yeah, football/soccer is my favorite thingly, i am hoping it will have an soccer themed gaming stuff there.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It is honestly slightly early to be doing this, but I have to talk about it. As we get more info, I will make threads for specific things, for now, this is just a general discussion.

With the Galar Region being announced, we will almost certainly have an anime taking place there. Before we get started, please do not attack anybody for their theories or beliefs.

I am just going to assume Ash will be the main character once again as this is most likely true. I am also assuming we will have a Galar anime, so please refrain from saying 'if we get an anime'.

Ok let's get started. First off, do you guys think the female character will be Ash's traveling companion? What will she do? I for one think she will. Looking at the map and trailer, it is possible that we will have a type of contest making a return, but is based on sports. This is going by the 5 buildings that look identical and do not have the gym symbols. I think her goal will be to become the best Sport Competition master. We know gyms will return, so that is probably what Ash will do.

If the female does sport competitions, this could give us our Tomboyish traveling companion we have been asking for. There has been such a massive build up with sports since HGSS, especially in the SM anime with all the sport episodes. So I think it is very possible.

What started pokemon do you think they will have? Even though I don't like the idea, I think Ash will probably catch all three starters. Although I am really against that now.

If he didn't get all three, I think he would most likely get the Grass starter this time around. If he was to catch two, I'd think probably Grass and Water.

The female will probably get the fire starter, if not, then the water starter.

What do you think Ash's design would look like? I kinda hope he brings back his jacket from Kalos to be his main outfit. It would also be awesome to get away from the normal had and get a beanie or beret for once.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Poke-Sports is definitely a possibility considering all the foundation being done in SuMo. It would have to be an individual sport as opposed to Team based so Baseball, Soccer(Football) and other Team Based Sports would be ruled out as I see it unless Ash travels with a Large group like in SuMo. The Female Protagonist is likely relegated to pursuing the Poke-Sports route like Kahili but honestly, what if they pullled a refreshing change by ditching Ash and having the Male Protagonist pursue Sports and have a new Female Protagonist pursue the Gym Route? As for what Pokemon they pick, I see Male going Water, Female going Grass. Third starter may join the group as well(as with whom, I don't know).

Last edited:
Years
It is possoble that an female traveling companion based on trainer would likely Pokemon sporter, hence why she would startt her goal for this. Also, the female trainer could be voiced provided by an seiyuu named Inori Minase or an 81 Produce voice acting suggestions would do for her.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
We'll see if Ash goes or not. I wouldn't be surprised if they just decided to have Ash be retired due to having him win the Alola league. If he does go to Galar, though, this had better have him win the league (we can't settle for increasing in rank at this point, since he's literally one step away from winning the league thanks to Kalos). As far as a female character, well, that depends on whether they're going to have any contest-like stuff or not. I'll admit a PokeSports thing might be a refreshing change especially compared to contests and performers, but I do remain adamant that such a goal has to have an actual story ending in the games. As far as grass starters, what's to say the new girl won't get that? Would actually be a way to spice things up for the series.

Only other thing I'd wonder is whether they'd bring back gyms, or if they're going to follow Sun and Moon's model from here on out. Personally, I'd prefer the former, ESPECIALLY if Ash hasn't won the league in Alola. It was already a stupid mistake when SM had Ash going to school. I'd rather he focus on actually completing his goal and get. it. over. with. And if that means doing gyms for the umpteenth time, so be it.

And I know IcyIce is insistent that we get an anime version of Sword and Shield, but I want to run by the possibility that they might not even do an anime adaptation and just end it at Sun and Moon, especially when it's gotten pretty poor ratings as it is. Wouldn't be the first time something like that happened (let's not forget the Mario cartoons by DiC stopped being made after Super Mario World, and how the games went on regardless. Same goes with Mega Man Battle Network and Star Force, to a certain extent).

Last edited:

AveeVaporGlitch

Stuck In Unova
Years
Ok I'm going to say it...replace Ash. Now would be the best time since you could leave him behind on the handheld game era and start fresh. I would love the new girl to be the lead and she can be dropped after Gen 8 and they do like a Yugioh thing. If they are not that serious about keeping Ash reboot him. At this point making it a direct follow up from SM would be annoying. The nice thing about OS-DP was it had a flow for Ash. But with BW-SM it feels so weird and out of place. I know others feel the same way since I have seen rants lol. Starting Ash fresh would allow him to be make rookie mistakes and allow the mistakes the anime has made since. It could be like ok Ash's handheld era ended with SM so let's give him a full on fresh start.

As for the vibe I'd love for a shonen feel with dramatic tension. Please not SM 2.0 or even OS 2.0 Granted I think SM was GF battling Yokai Watch so the comedy/SoL made sense but please don't make it the norm since from what I see people enjoy the DP and XY vibe much more than the BW and SM vibe. At least the mainstream fans seem too.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
It doesn't matter what it is.

It's clearly going to be better then the current trash that's on.

BECAUSE GYMS ARE BACK. THAT'S WHY.

NO ONE LIKED YOU TRIALS. GO AWAY FOREVER.

:laugh-squinted:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
It doesn't matter what it is.

It's clearly going to be better then the current trash that's on.

BECAUSE GYMS ARE BACK. THAT'S WHY.

NO ONE LIKED YOU TRIALS. GO AWAY FOREVER.

:laugh-squinted:

I wouldn't have minded trials, myself, but I DO think they definitely should have done something much better than having Ash be a school student. Heck, Sun and Moon could have done a complete rehash of the Orange Islands arc via trials, and it STILL would have been better than what we got. Actually, if anything, Orange Islands came across as a far more faithful adaptation of Sun and Moon than the ACTUAL Sun and Moon series.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
The Sport Based contests could still be a single player. Baseball wouldn't really work, but I think Basketball, Soccer, ect still can.

They said in the Direct that the Galar Region was built by both Pokemon and Humans working together. So a big theme could be that. So instead of using multiple people, they could use their pokemon as partners instead. Similar to how Machoke was a Pitcher for baseball in NImbasa. I don't think baseball could work though.

Sports I think could be included could be Tennis, Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, Track/Field, Surfing, Skiing, Snowboarding, and Dodgeball. Just some examples that could work with a human and one or two pokemon.

I forgot to add something to the Sporting possibility. The main female in Power of Us, was also a Track and Field character. So there are numerous things in the past that could be hinting at it. Serena was also being pushed to be a Rhyhorn Racer. and we had wrestling.

I wouldn't mind if they replaced Ash, it would be nice to leave him finally, but I don't see it happening, which is why I am assuming. And even though I did say not to bring it up, I will respected how it was said, but I will add I don't think it will be canceled. There were a lot of people who did enjoy Sun and Moon that hated X and Y. So I think regardless, there is a viewing. And pokemon has been pretty consistent staying within the Top 15 from what I have looked at and seen. This will probably be the last time I talk about it as I want to try to concentrate on what could come.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Sports that are popular in UK:

Rugby
Soccer/Football
Cricket
Tennis(Wimbledon)
Field Hockey
Swimming
Racing(like Nascar or Forumula 1)
Track&Field

I generally feel its going to be something that is present in the Olympics because Japan, coincidentally, hosts the 2020 Olympics. If anything the game might spawn a spinoff game involving the Sports aspect.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
The Sport Based contests could still be a single player. Baseball wouldn't really work, but I think Basketball, Soccer, ect still can.

They said in the Direct that the Galar Region was built by both Pokemon and Humans working together. So a big theme could be that. So instead of using multiple people, they could use their pokemon as partners instead. Similar to how Machoke was a Pitcher for baseball in NImbasa. I don't think baseball could work though.

Sports I think could be included could be Tennis, Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, Track/Field, Surfing, Skiing, Snowboarding, and Dodgeball. Just some examples that could work with a human and one or two pokemon.

I forgot to add something to the Sporting possibility. The main female in Power of Us, was also a Track and Field character. So there are numerous things in the past that could be hinting at it. Serena was also being pushed to be a Rhyhorn Racer. and we had wrestling.

I wouldn't mind if they replaced Ash, it would be nice to leave him finally, but I don't see it happening, which is why I am assuming. And even though I did say not to bring it up, I will respected how it was said, but I will add I don't think it will be canceled. There were a lot of people who did enjoy Sun and Moon that hated X and Y. So I think regardless, there is a viewing. And pokemon has been pretty consistent staying within the Top 15 from what I have looked at and seen. This will probably be the last time I talk about it as I want to try to concentrate on what could come.

Might work. I still think they should make sure to have an alternate path in the games to justify the female having that goal (last thing I want is overemphasis on a goal in the anime like with Contests in AG and DP, or Performers in XY).

So far as viewing, we'll see. So far, the ratings usually have it being below the top 10, and I've seen plenty of shows that had a viewing get cancelled due to low ratings, like Super Mario World, West Wing, Heroes, GCB, etc., etc., even if they technically had a viewing, so I'd rather we play it by ear. Assuming they do continue, though, and Ash comes back, they DEFINITELY need to make sure he wins the league for keeps. No more stealing victories from him or having him suffer very humiliating defeats in other words.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
yadda yadda this. yadda yadda that. most of the things i'm seeing here are the same i see every time there's a new generation. yawn.

so besides all that stuff ya'll like to say all i'm gonna say if i want ash to be wearing a hat that isn't a baseball cap. the protag isn't seen wearing one (yet) so i think it'd be amazing if he followed suit! i mean. his hat is like his trademark so i wouldn't be surprised if they gave him a baseball cap anyways but idk just my first thoughts!

also him with a sobble please. i wonder what the "default" look for the female protag is and if they'll be using that or going back to what they did in BW and doing two gym leaders or smth. i guess we'll see when more info comes out on the game where we can speculate that better.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Wanted to point out 2 more sport things that could be hinting at a possible Sport Competitions. Both Grant and Korrina's gyms were both very Sport like. We basically had a Roller Dirby Gym for Korrina and we had Rock Climbing for Grant.

Now it is possible that these stadiums could be gyms, but with a Sport theme similar to Grant. Ash had to climb the rock walls in order to get to Grant if I remember correctly. It is also possible that these Stadiums could sever as a dual purpose for Competitions and Gyms.

Also for those worrying that he won't be traveling. I am pretty sure he will be. Galar is far too large for him not to travel. Remember in Alola he was also on vacation and the Alola Region was very small compared to other games, not to mention he didn't have to travel all the time to get from gym to gym.

I just realized something.... They basically recreated the Super Bowl Train On commercial from 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Pl-fq6WPw

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
I would like to see Ash grow a bit, so if he is in it, maybe he can not be the one wanting to be a champion and be a source for new protagonist. Ash could be the champion of Alola that is the protagonist's idle that can be called upon for advice.

I hope that the male gets a Sobble and the female gets Scorbunny.. maybe rival gets Grookey.

It would be cool for Gary Oak to be the Professor.

Years
idk, galar is giving me a kalos anime feel. hoping for a good team for ash (if he still remains as the main protagonist [and let's not kid ourselves, he will be]), and good companions. let's make ash a champion please

Back