• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years
Heeeey, Mr. Link and Zeikku. I went into this Christmas completely determined to not be nerdy. But, in a moment of nostalgia, I visited PokeCommunity and found this. And now I must play it. Thanks so much for ruining my goal.

Sincerely,
A disgruntled teenager. <3

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Heeeey, Mr. Link and Zeikku. I went into this Christmas completely determined to not be nerdy. But, in a moment of nostalgia, I visited PokeCommunity and found this. And now I must play it. Thanks so much for ruining my goal.

Sincerely,
A disgruntled teenager. <3

You're welcome :). When people call me Mr. I feel so old.. XD Doesn't help that I turned 20 today; either way enjoy the release!

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
mmk one more thing then ill hopefully leave u guys alone ^^'
i got the IPS file
the emulator
and the fire red rom
how do i combine then? ^^'

blue

gucci
Years
I want to play this slow and what better way to do a walkthrough which is exactly what I'm doing now, infact.. I'm uploading the first part to Youtube now!

Happy Birthday Zeikku ^^

i got the IPS file
the emulator
and the fire red rom

It's pretty simple actually just download a programme called Lunar IPS then apply the Liquid Crystal patch to your Fire Red ROM and enjoy playing!

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'm sorry, If i seem to be posting too many problems :/
Pokemon-FireRed1.png

To me the background looks a bit off ...

Gnarwinism

Grandson - er, whats his name?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
Hey LaZ and team, I just wanted to take time out of playing to commend you for the hard work and dedication this took. In a sea of unfinished and less than professional hacks, you guys managed to stand out because of your hard work. I am super impressed with everything so far.

As a side note, have you or anyone else released a sort of pokedex for us to refer to? Like one where we can see when pokemon become available?

i got the IPS file
the emulator
and the fire red rom

Download lunar ips. Start the program, click apply patch. It will ask for the patch first, then the rom. Personally I like no$gba because setting it ds with backlight lets me see better when the game is in nighttime mode (its not you fault LaZ, I have this thing called flux.... long story short its my computer)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Hey LaZ is there an alternative download? I can't download from linkbucks as my Anti Virus says it's a malicious site and blocks it! If anyone could re-upload it, it would be appreciated!

waregreymon

Pokemon Master
Years
I just came out of Mr. pokemon's and headed straight back to new bark town, but game froze as soon as 1st rival at cherrygroove approach me. I reset game but it keeps happening. Is there anyway around this? I can't continue game. I'm using official release btw.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
Thanks for your hard work, LaZ and Zeikku!!! But i've patched a clean rom fire red with lunar ips. The rom is patched successfully, but when i launch the game, i've got a white screen. How can i fix that?

Gnarwinism

Grandson - er, whats his name?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
I just came out of Mr. pokemon's and headed straight back to new bark town, but game froze as soon as 1st rival at cherrygroove approach me. I reset game but it keeps happening. Is there anyway around this? I can't continue game. I'm using official release btw.

Use the vba he posted under his release, sadly lc cant run very well on other emulators, even if it is a different version of vba.

blue

gucci
Years

What Emulator are you using, is it the 1.8.0 Beta 3 Visual Boy Advance because that's the recommended Emulator.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2011
Oh i'm very sorry for interfering, i've the french rom. Sorry guys.

I've patched the wrong rom that's the problem. Thanks for your help anyway. Yahoo!!!!!! It's working!!!! I'm gonna play like a nerd tonight. Thank again for releasing this awesome remake LaZ and Zeikku!!!!!! Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!

Last edited:

waregreymon

Pokemon Master
Years
Use the vba he posted under his release, sadly lc cant run very well on other emulators, even if it is a different version of vba.

What Emulator are you using, is it the 1.8.0 Beta 3 Visual Boy Advance because that's the recommended Emulator.

Your both right. I just realize i was using version 1.7.2. Never had problems playing hacks with this version though. Anyways, I did what you guys said and rival battle works now. I had to start over though. thanks for the help.

pirateof7sea

I shall crush your hope even if there is none.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Can you please list down which Legendary pokemon that could not be caught?

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2012
can i use the beta2.1 save for the new one? seems like when i load my old save in new beta, the game froze as soon as i go to other places

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
Hey Laz congratulations for releasing the game but I cant download the game i've already registered at the pkmnworld but i still cant :( please somebody help me . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Back