• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Second Gen Shiny and Breeding Guide

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
Years
Breeders and shiny hunters are going to find themselves in incredibly murky waters once they try to get things done in Gold/Silver. Shiny hunting/breeding was a completely different experience in these games. IVs didn't even exist and DVs were the stat to know. Shiny parents could actually increase the chance of their offspring being shiny too if I'm not mistaken. Hence the need for this article as a resource for those looking to farm shinies (and get a competitive gen two mon even if DVs don't translate to IVs upon transfer to Sun/Moon.)

The only downside is that, well, I actually don't know the specifics of Gen two breeding/shiny mechanics. I'll have to do a decent amount of research, plus screenshots. But considering how easy it is to run these games, I doubt that issue two will be a big deal.

Anyways, let me know your thoughts. I plan on getting this done ASAP to avoid 20 articles published on the same day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
What exactly is a DV? As someone who has never bred in Gen II, I think it's definitely worth going into detail on what DVs are.

Also, I'd suggest maybe asking any of Trade Corner's regulars (on here and on Discord) if any of them know how to breed shinies in Gen II, and maybe have a collaborative writing experience as well.

Either way, a +1 from me.

Years
I believe DVs were part of the old pre-gen 3 breeding system. This could be useful to those who plan to breed Pokemon in GS for possible Sun/Moon transfer.

+1 from me

Back