• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] What am I doing wrong?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
I'm following this tutorial:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=281573

Trying to get a script on a custom item and it always just freezes when I use it.

939dd0f5cdd18a5e58130facc61ddf0b.png
The item manager ID

0ce68c6b52d3fd2a8f891122984d9363.png
The routine is first and below, after the FF bytes, is the script.

Why is this not working? Is there something I'm missing or something unexplained that isn't working? I know the script is not the issue because when I attach it to an NPC it works fine. I've also changed it to even the most simple of scripts just to test and still it only freezes or does nothing when used.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
Well then the variable that isn't changing (the ASM) is clearly causing the problem. You'll need to debug THAT.

Years
I don't know if you got my message but I would like to know if you have a backup with your item working, or if you can add the item again in a rom. If you do, I think I can do something.

Back