• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Wrapping Up Pokemon XYZ - What's Next for The Pokemon Anime?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Z25 said:
does this give a notification?

So, I was thinking and this could be a two-part article, cowritten by Z25 and myself, as well as any other Pokemon Anime enthusiasts who want to weigh in!

Part 1: Recap of the Pokemon XYZ season since the Pokemon League (when many fans stopped watching). What did we learn about Pokemon in general during this season? What did we learn about new important elements such as Ash-Greninja, Mega Evolution, and Zygarde?

Part 2: What does all of this mean for the next season of the anime? How is any of this important for the upcoming Sun & Moon anime? What can we expect to see, and what won't we see?

Posting about this now even though we obviously need to wait till the XYZ anime ends to write it out fully, and there are a few more episodes left. But this can definitely be started by brainstorming. I know Z25 had a few ideas, sooo ^_^

bobandbill

one more time
Years
So, I was thinking and this could be a two-part article, cowritten by Z25 and myself, as well as any other Pokemon Anime enthusiasts who want to weigh in!

Part 1: Recap of the Pokemon XYZ season since the Pokemon League (when many fans stopped watching). What did we learn about Pokemon in general during this season? What did we learn about new important elements such as Ash-Greninja, Mega Evolution, and Zygarde?

Part 2: What does all of this mean for the next season of the anime? How is any of this important for the upcoming Sun & Moon anime? What can we expect to see, and what won't we see?

Posting about this now even though we obviously need to wait till the XYZ anime ends to write it out fully, and there are a few more episodes left. But this can definitely be started by brainstorming. I know Z25 had a few ideas, sooo ^_^
Sounds sensible to me. Brainstorming now is also a good idea! I think it'd be fine to have an article on those topics once the season ends.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023

Quoted notifications don't seem to work, unless quoted from that thread. I was looking through posts, and saw this, which is good!

Anyway, sounds like a good idea! I'd be happy to help write it.

Definitely agree on brainstorming now. The season was big, so a lot could be discussed or covered on it.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
So I want to wait until the demo releases for Part 1 at least now that Ash-Greninja is confirmed, but for now, I know I'm going to touch upon these differences:
- Ash's Greninja in the anime does not have the Battle Bond ability
- It does not transform upon defeating an opposing Pokemon

Also, about Zygarde, these points:
- There are 2 cores; although the personalities might have been created for the anime, one of them was distrustful of humans
- The Cells were located all throughout the world, not just in Kalos
- Hopefully they'll touch upon why Chespie went into a coma upon coming into contact with Zygarde's power??

Reactions: Z25

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
*Chimes in.*

I recommend mentioning things regarding Alain and Lysandre, of course and what he wanted to do with Mega Evolution. Team Flare arc is considered a major disappointment by most, so I'm 1+ this too, tbh.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
So I want to wait until the demo releases for Part 1 at least now that Ash-Greninja is confirmed, but for now, I know I'm going to touch upon these differences:
- Ash's Greninja in the anime does not have the Battle Bond ability
- It does not transform upon defeating an opposing Pokemon

Also, about Zygarde, these points:
- There are 2 cores; although the personalities might have been created for the anime, one of them was distrustful of humans
- The Cells were located all throughout the world, not just in Kalos
- Hopefully they'll touch upon why Chespie went into a coma upon coming into contact with Zygarde's power??
The Greninja bit is certainly worth discussing. Especially since they probably could have made it work like a mega, so I wonder why that change came about.

Chespie is a good one. Lysandre might have to do with it though. He was using it to be a vessel.
The sundial be connected to energy, and basically a reactor would be good to note to. AS it was portrayed mysteriously in the games and connect to megas, now we have more added to it because of the story.

Also in regardless to the actual Kalos league. There was a good line in yesterday's anime episode. James mentions how TR lost to "both champions". Which is really worth mentioning. As people saw Ash a loser, when that wasn't really the case. Although that relates a bit more to the league, but could be a neat line to mention. Seeing people's response to that would be good imo.
*Chimes in.*

I recommend mentioning things regarding Alain and Lysandre, of course and what he wanted to do with Mega Evolution. Team Flare arc is considered a major disappointment by most, so I'm 1+ this too, tbh.

A disappointment to most? That's an interesting statement. I haven't really seen any complaints.

A lot of people liked the direction it went from what I could tell and so it redeem the Kalos league finale to some.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Yes, it certainly would. A lot of things happened this episode that should really be addressed that deal with several main characters as well.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Since the episodes of XY(Z) finished today (there are still 2 special episodes coming up probably) I think it's a good idea to start this! I actually wanted to say that I am also interesting in helping you with this since I love anime too!

Yes, it certainly would. A lot of things happened this episode that should really be addressed that deal with several main characters as well.

Sooo I think important things we should cover are:
Ash Greninja, how it's different from the games and maybe what we can expect (Kostas wanted to cover this!)
Zygarde's different forms, what we found out about them that wasn't in the XY games, also maybe a bit about its personality haha
Also maybe about the Anistar City statue thing and Mega Stone energy that was covered in the anime that might be interesting?

Anything else you guys wanted to do?

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Sooo I think important things we should cover are:
Ash Greninja, how it's different from the games and maybe what we can expect (Kostas wanted to cover this!)
Zygarde's different forms, what we found out about them that wasn't in the XY games, also maybe a bit about its personality haha
Also maybe about the Anistar City statue thing and Mega Stone energy that was covered in the anime that might be interesting?

Anything else you guys wanted to do?

I think a focus on the Anistar City statue and what happened with it would be good to mention. I also think touching upon how today's episode actually closed out the series. It wasn't just a goodbye episode, we got looks at everyone who was in the story and what the future holds for them. Which I think is really important as it shows have much the season grew as it went on.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I think a focus on the Anistar City statue and what happened with it would be good to mention. I also think touching upon how today's episode actually closed out the series. It wasn't just a goodbye episode, we got looks at everyone who was in the story and what the future holds for them. Which I think is really important as it shows have much the season grew as it went on.

I can write about Zygarde and the Anistar thing, and if you want you can touch upon the goodbye aspect? You wrote another article sort of similar to this so I think you could write this part better than I could, haha. If you want though!

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I can write about Zygarde and the Anistar thing, and if you want you can touch upon the goodbye aspect? You wrote another article sort of similar to this so I think you could write this part better than I could, haha. If you want though!

Sure! I'll start putting together stuff on yesterday's good bye episodes as well as the last three that factored into it.

Back