• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Making Status Condition "Blindness"

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 2, 2021
I want to make a new Status Condition for my fan game. It is suppose to work like "Confusion" so that the blinded Pokemon either hits it self or the foe. But I want it to be a Status Condition. Also it should not be cured by itself like "Confusion" or "Sleep" does. It is suppose to stay permanant just like "Burn" but with the effect of "Confusion".
I saw an article explaining how to put in a new status condition. I tried to change it for my use, I am struggling though. So I would appreciate any kind of help with the Script.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
You'll need to think about how it could affect your game mechanics-wise. For instance, you'll need a Blind Heal, a berry to cure it (most berry names are based on real-world fruit), adapt Full Restore and Full Heal-like items to heal blindness, abilities that make a Pok?mon immune to blindness (e.g. Keen Eye), type(s) that cannot be blinded (e.g. Ghost or Dark), moves that would cause blindness (status moves or moves with a probability of causing blindness), adapt moves that can cure blindness (e.g. Heal Bell, Refresh, Rest, etc) and adapt abilities such as Natural Cure to work on blindness.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 2, 2021
Yeah, I get all that and I figured out how to create all that. I just am not able to script it the right way. I am unable to make "Confusion" a status condition in the script and I do not know what I did wrong..

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 6, 2022
Yeah, I get all that and I figured out how to create all that. I just am not able to script it the right way. I am unable to make "Confusion" a status condition in the script and I do not know what I did wrong..

im not much of a scripter myself but I have been able to mess around with already existing code in my game to make new things.
this may not work by any means and sorry if youre looking for just a script to use, its not something I have, but I did find this under PokeBattle_Battler just Ctrl Shift F Confused

Spoiler:

if you notice towards the bottom theres a part that says "count: #" im thinking this may have to do with counting the number of turns a pokemon stays confused? so you could try for starters getting rid of that small piece, then going into the game and test by confusing a pokemon, see if it never wears off. if it works then you;ve got what you need right there, then your next step would be figuring out how to isolate it into its own section of code, probably just copy paste a few lines down, then the harder part will be figuring out how to call that specific strand during the right instance of confusion, which I wouldn't know that part at all. because otherwise every pokemon would just be confused forever, regardless of the special circumstance youre trying to create.
hopefully my first part for the idea works. if not im sorry, just trying to help. just make sure you keep a pasted version of that section and what it looked like before you changed it so that way you can change it back if it creates errors.

Back