• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm probably the worst cook ever, I am so scared of toasters and ovens and microwaves I always make excuses why I cannot make my own lunch. Having a fear of hot things sucks...

Honest

Hi!
Years
I don't think prom's against my religion, don't see how. If it was though, I'm pretty sure my mother would have said that when I repeatedly asked her "why not?" She kept repeating "because I said so" and it escalated to a verbal fight. This was a while ago, though.

And I figured it'd be the best approach to be honest. And to be totally honest, I'm not sure if I was going to ask someone I liked. Considering the two people I ever liked during high school are either one of my closest friends or hates me guts/is a ratchet jerk. :c

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yes of course it's better! But if you're really hungry, throwing it in a bowl with some cherry tomatoes, cheese, and a sprinkle of salt or soya sauce is a better option than reaching for a chocolate bar.

Hikari, I hear you talk about your fear but do you actually want to get over it? There's counselling for that and culinary classes too.

Or get an induction stove. Have you heard of those? They cook the food without turning the surface of the oven hot, so you can actually touch it.

Years
Hikari, I hear you talk about your fear but do you actually want to get over it? There's counselling for that and culinary classes too.

Or get an induction stove. Have you heard of those? They cook the food without turning the surface of the oven hot, so you can actually touch it.

Yeah I would but I don't have one. I could undertake cooking class but I have a massive fear of using a knife because I once cut my finger when I was cooking at school, and I guess that might have triggered me to have a fear of knives.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Microwaved eggs? Never heard of that.

Jz, I'm preparing for an upcoming holiday, along with a family member. We both are half asleep right now haha.
I don't even know why I chose to eat eggs. I don't like eggs. :?

Hikari, have you stopped to think that the worst case scenario is a burn? Sure, it's painful, but so long as you don't do anything stupid, it won't exactly be a horrible burn.
I dunno, maybe that'll make things worse. It helps me when I'm intending to do something that could potentially cause an injury. [:

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Ah knives, they're fine as long as you're careful although I tend to avoid them as well. Also I just bit my cheek while munching on a biscuit and now my mouth feels all tingly and funny. XD

Honest

Hi!
Years
Oh lord, I love knives. Even if I'm really reckless with them.

Sliced into my index finger about 2 or 3 centimeters one time while spreading cream cheese on a bagel. There was not blood though, so it was really weird.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah I would but I don't have one. I could undertake cooking class but I have a massive fear of using a knife because I once cut my finger when I was cooking at school, and I guess that might have triggered me to have a fear of knives.

Get one of those slap-chops. You just put it in the container and press down and it slices for you. You dont need to put any blades near your fingers.

And everyone cuts themselves from time to time, but you have to make sure you curl your fingers in when slicing. If you're afraid, like I said, there are other alternatives. You can usually buy pre-cut veg or frozen veg that you can steam in the microwave. Did you know you can also make microwave rice?

Seems to me you're letting your fears get the better of you. Are you gonna live off sandwiches and salads for the rest of your life? I mean, it's up to you, but it's nice IMO to be able to make yourself something different.

And wtf Bloodex were you using a steak knife to spread cream cheese? o_o Use a butter knife.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Dipu, I think we might be long-lost siblings. Don't know how that would be true, though, considering I have very pale skin haha.

I often carry a knife with me- partially because I don't exactly live in the safest place, but I also just like to play with it. As previously mentioned a few days ago, I learned to be more careful with it when I sliced the palm of my left hand open with said knife. I can still see it pretty easily, and the cut reaches from my third finger from the left to the far lefthand side of my palm, almost wrapping around to get the back of my hand.

It was surprisingly easy to hide from my family. My best friend was there when it happened and made her concern for my keeping it a secret very obvious. But I know how to take care of my own cuts and there was no need to concern them.

Years
Are you gonna live off sandwiches and salads for the rest of your life? I mean, it's up to you, but it's nice IMO to be able to make yourself something different.

I hate sandwiches and salads, they are not my type of food. I like to be different than most people, and I even won't eat anything if it's a supermarket home-brand.

Honest

Hi!
Years
It was a butter knife! :c Don't ask me how I managed to cut myself with it, I wouldn't know.

Speaking of knifes, I really want to buy a pocket knife someday.

How do you hate sandwiches... there are so many varieties. o_o Surely there's some kind of sandwich you like.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I don't like sandwiches, either. x;

Knives are fun- but broken glass is pretty near to it, in my opinion. I sometimes spend time in some woods, chucking old glass stuff as a specific rock and watching it shatter. <3 I don't know how I can like broken glass this much, considering it's the reason for having a chunk of my heel sliced off.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I hate broken glass, considering I've managed to get it stuck in my eye once.

Not a pretty sight.

I do like the song, though!

Crux

Evermore
Years
Kura: The Voice of Logic.

Hey, guys. I'm back, Pc was just being derpy.

@Dipu:
Knives, hell yeah!

@Lj:
I won't ignore you man.
Did you run into any bears, on your daring trek into the cruel wilderness?

@Kura:
I thought microwaves killed pretty much all nutrients in the food?
I mean, you're essentially just nuking it.

@Slender:
Aha! I knew it!
My parents are extremely spiritual, so I was raised in such a way that religion is like hard-wired in my brain. :T
Hum, you don't think i'm satanic or something do you?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
@Roc
Haha, and how did you know that? [X
I thought you said that you aren't religious, though? That you don't really believe in anything?
Nah, but judging by what you've said, I assumed you were an atheist. Then again, we don't exactly discuss religion much haha.
Your family sounds like my mother, though. My father is another story. x; They're a very odd combination, as a couple.

@Dipu
Holy arceus you had glass in your eye? D:
How the heck did that happen?

Honest

Hi!
Years
I was pretty young and don't really remember how it got in my eye. But it was a rather small piece, and my mother managed to get it out practically as soon as it got in. I remember bawling like a baby, though. :c

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Ah, okay.
See, I was imagining a chunk of it sticking out of your eyeball. D; I'm glad it wasn't that bad.

I had glass stuck in my foot, but that's it. I was 8 or so years old. It just involved a lot of blood and seven stitches. They had to drug me because I was panicking. [X That had been my first time getting stitches since having several surgeries when I was even younger, which I couldn't remember. My memory is kind of blurry, but I do know that the injection given directly into the wound to numb it was incredibly painful.

Honest

Hi!
Years
THE GOVERNOR

Oh, I've gotten it stuck in my foot multiple times. I don't wear socks or sandals or anything in my house, so if a glass cup breaks, all hell breaks lose. :c

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Oh, ouch haha.
I've been lucky enough to only have gotten glass stuck in me once, if I'm remembering correctly. I seem to have pretty good luck with injuries, apparently. So far only permanent stuff being two fingertips with damaged nerves (they never healed) and a mass amount of scars. I seriously can't figure out where one of those scars came from. X?

Honest

Hi!
Years
Wait, those fingers from like two months ago? Did you ever go see a doctor?

I get myself injured all the time, but I've never ever broken anything. Not something to be proud of, but I am!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back