• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Contest Advice

Isaac17

Ridiculed One
Years
Hey, i'm trying to get the paintings, and even though I beat the master rank contest, i just can't seem to get the heart meeter for the apeals all the way up. Can someone help me with the best contest moves and combos for each catagory?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Well, if you don't already know, you need to have a certain amount of stars/hearts (I can't remember which ones or the quantities :D) in the final. Here were the ones that won me the Master Rank:

Milotic - Dive, Surf, Dive, Surf, Hydro Pump - Blue Scarf - Beauty
Regice - Curse, Superpower, Curse, Superpower, Explosion - Yellow Scarf - Tough
Wingull - Water Sport, Water Gun, Water Sport, Water Gun, Growl - Pink Scarf - Cute

I can't remember the rest, but I used a Swellow for the Cool, and a Dusclops for the Smart...

~ MCD

Isaac17

Ridiculed One
Years
I would use milotic If i could find another feebas.

Ok, so those combos will get me the paintings for the Lilycove Museum?

(don't double post please ^^; use the edit button next time)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2015
All you have to do is get 5 or more hearts during your appeals. I'm not talking about the hearts at the very end where it fills up your bar. You could get 5+ hearts during an appeal and lose it all to another jamming move and you would still get the picture. BTW: I heard that you have to talk to the artist inside the museum and the art dealer (green guy outside museum) before doing the Master ranks to get the painting, but I'm not sure since I always talk to them.

Here are the moves that I've used so far.

Regirock-Tough: Superpower, Curse, Ancient Power, Earthquake
Curse first turn to make you go last next turn, then use Superpower since it works better when last and since SP makes you more easily jammed, going last won't matter, and if that efect carries over to next turn, chances are you'll go first with the hearts you just gained and you could just use Ancientpower to 'calm down'.

Xatu-Smart: Psychic, Future Sight, Hidden Power, Fly
Fly is useless, that wa sjsut a filler. Psychic and Sight is a combo.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
No... there is an order. Some work both ways, but if you take the combo:

Dragonbreath, Dragon Claw

You can't have it the other way round, for some stupid reason... but that's the life of the Pokemon contests...

~ MCD

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
Years
i used medicham in the master rank.

medicham:timid:ice punch, detect, fire punch, hi jump kick.
detect is useless. fire punch then ice punch then do it again. last its hi jump kick to get hi points.

how do u get the scarfs?

Years
yeh dude, medicham- icepunch, thunderpunch, and firepunch...learn them all at the heartscale guy. and then go and win some contest... ice punch then the other and u get a combo for them... works awesome, i beat two contest sectiions with it.

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
Years
like that guy up there said, use combo moves and um...try equiping the pokemon with those scarf things you got when you visit the pokemon fan club

like you know for feebas maxing it's beauty gets you milotic but if you take it to the fanclub with max beauty you'll get a blue scarf that's supposed to raise it's beauty even more in contests

the fanclub's in slateport if you're wondering.

sableye

She's Mine!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 13, 2005
yer i have a golbat with full beauty and i didn't get a blue scarf

Back