• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] KINGMARCH [M] [OOC]

Parivir

rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Years
KINGMARCH
rated M for violence and sexytimes but mostly violence
no spots remain | best viewed with forever standing (style)

"...and so it was that the Occuria rose from their exalted thrones,
earth and light grasped within one palm;
within the other: darkness and Mist.
There shall be twenty-four, decreed the Undying,
and so, there were twenty-four."
- Of Ivalice and the Undying: a Tautology . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

of gods, monsters, and men

Many thousand years ago, all-powerful beings called the Occuria looked down upon the land, and their rule was absolute. They commanded all things on the earth. All was done according to their will. To help them secure the reins of mortal history, they used their immense power to craft powerful beings who would obey their every command--these, mortals know as the scions.

Over time, twelve scions came to believe themselves as powerful as their creators, and thus sought to break free of their servitude. Without their creators' assent, they descended upon the world of man and sought the aid of ambitious mortals to aid in their rebellion against the Occuria. Together, scion and man striked at the olden gods, but they were overpowered and defeated. The Occuria were angered and struck down their blessed children, and binding their souls and flesh with the Glyph of the Beast, they stole their freedom for all eternity. The Occuria then withdrew behind the walls of a great city of their own making, disappearing from history's stage, and man returned to their lands once more. But the Occuria do not forgive, and they do not forget: down to the earth did they send their twelve loyal children, and a lengthy war was waged between the mortal and the divine.

The scions' very presence devastated the land. They ravaged the earth, destroying civilization as it was known and slaughtering millions along the way, and the mortals, try as they might, could do little to halt their streak of destruction. At the dawn of the thousandth year, however, seven warriors emerged from various parts of Ivalice, claiming to be heritors of an ancient, powerful demon whose powers exceed even that of the Occuria. They led a small group of firebrands and, through arduous combat, managed to defeat eleven of the scions: Loghrif the Transcendent, Mitron the Chastiser, Emet-Selch the Angel of Truth, Pashtarot the Knight-Star, Fandaniel the Protector, Halmarut the Arbiter, Nabriales the Majestic, Igeyorhm the Martyr, Deudalaphon the Benevolent, Emmerololth the Holy Queen, and Lahabrea the Abyssal Celebrant all fell before their combined might. They could not, however, manage to accomplish such a feat against the twelfth scion: Zodiark, Keeper of Precepts, whose power far exceeded the others. As such, they instead chose to seal him in an unspecified location, that he would not pose any problems for many years to come.

The Seven Heroes, as they came to be known, knew full well that neither the seal they placed upon Zodiark nor the Occuria seal on the twelve rebelling scions would last forever. In anticipation of the crisis that would transpire should they finally break free, each hero crafted a magicite of great power, said to be tempered by their own life force. The seven magicites were then presented to the ruling monarch for safekeeping, and the heroes who crafted them retreated into obscurity.

And so, peace descended upon the world, and the march towards a new age finally began.

a world in peril

PimroGq.jpg

A map of Ivalice and its neighboring countries. Ivalice spreads radially outwards from the capital city of Lesalia, reaching as far as Riovanes Castle in the north, the Isle of Mullonde in the south, Fort Ziekden in the west, and Lake Poesas in the east. To Ivalice's north lies the newly unified states of Fovoham, and to its east the Ordallian Empire, whose constant aggressions towards Ivalice culminated in the recent Seven-Year War. Between the two powers are the Ordallian league of vassals, consisting of Zelmonia, Zeltennia, and Limberry: conquered states given a degree of sovereignty by Ordallia in exchange for their absolute loyalty. The nomadic people of Gallione borders Ivalice's east, and to their north, the pacifistic merchant republic of Romanda. To Ivalice's south is the tropical nation of Lionel, ruled by a council of viera and garif chieftains. And to their east, the sacred island of Midlight's Deep, home to Mt. Bur-Omisace, seat of the Light of Kiltia.

At the close of the Seven-Year War between Ivalice and its eastern neighbor of Ordallia, the former's benevolent monarch, Queen Ritz, fell seriously ill. Physicians near and far were summoned to her castle at Lesalia, but everyone solemnly knew that it was all for naught. Queen Ritz's illness had been foretold by many Ivalicean seers since even before she took the throne: at the age of 46, the queen would suffer a fatal disease, and her death shall be a harbinger for ancient, terrible evils to once more plague the fair land of Ivalice.

It is a prophecy that has been taken very seriously by the crown. During the queen's rule, much of Ivalice's resources was devoted to better understanding the lores of the land, in hopes of unearthing some piece of knowledge that would help them endure against the arcane threat. Many projects were undertaken to prepare for the approaching danger: some sought to recreate divine weapons, others to create new magic thought to be effective against the arcane. Most of these projects resulted in failure, but a few did succeed: the most resounding of these successes is Project Bel, whose goal was to train warriors that emulated the strength of the Seven Heroes of Ivalicean legend.

The prophecy was soon fulfilled: not a month after contracting her illness, the queen passed away in her sleep. In the wake of her death, Ivalice is thrown into a state of massive disarray. The rightful heirs to the throne—Prince Auber and Princess Gina—are shoved aside to make way for the late queen's ambitious siblings, and a number of claimants surfacing from the general populace. And so it was that the land of Ivalice, the horrors of war still fresh on its memory, looks slated to engage in warfare once more.

The queen's passing has also done little to discourage Ivalice's eternal aggressor, the Empire of Ordallia, which has been known to break treaties of peace in the past. Ordallia may see Ivalice's chaotic state of affairs as an open invitation to once again wage war upon its lands. Though after the war Ivalice had built strong alliances with the neighboring countries of Fovoham and Lionel, their numbers are far inferior to that of the Empire's, and coats may yet turn before the war is even begun.

In the midst of all this, Ivalice's Thirteen Orders must choose a power with which to ally with: keeping in mind the ever-present threat of Ordallia dogging Ivalice's heels, many have chosen to side with the militaristically-minded Grand Duke Ferre, who had governed Ivalice's border lands with a steady hand during the queen's rule. Others yet flock to the banner of Grand Duchess Selu, whose diplomatic triumphs have brought harmonious peace to Ivalice's once-warring races. The two parties have formally declared themselves sovereign of all Ivalice, forcing Prince Auber and Princess Gina--the twin heirs of Queen Ritz--to prepare for what may be the greatest internal conflict in Ivalicean history.

It is inevitable: the fires of war will rage once more. And beyond the smoke, from the darkest reaches of the land, something wicked this way comes.

a hero emerges

YOU are a graduate of Research Operation Bellanova, better known as Project Bel. You were among the hundreds that volunteered to become a subject of the top-secret project, and one of only seven to survive the brutal experimentation. Your memories of Project Bel are not ones you would rather recall; perhaps you even regret your decision to become a part of the program. Whatever your feelings on the matter are, one thing is for sure: you have walked out of Project Bel exponentially stronger than before. This is in no small part due to the implantation of a magicite that the researchers called the demon factor in your body; supposedly, it was a piece cut out of the legendary magicites left behind by the Seven Heroes.

Following your release from Project Bel, you were inducted into the Order of Kingmarch: an order of the Ivalicean military whose main task is to combat the arcane forces that plague the land. It is an order filled to the brim with talented mages and powerful soldiers, but even among Ivalice's best and brightest, your strength in combat is clearly several cuts above the rest. Within the order, the seven of you are referred to as the demon knights; not out of spite, but rather out of respect for your formidable strength.

The Order of Kingmarch is stationed with two other orders in the Fort Besselat, an Ivalicean frontier that suffers constant aggressions by the neighboring Ordallia. The nearby town of Bessel houses quite a large number of clans, and bills are regularly posted at the local pub. Most members of the Order double as part-time clan members or solo game hunters to counteract the meager soldier's wage; you may also choose to do this, as your overpowering strength would be a welcome addition to any clan. However, being a demon knight means that the military demands more of you than they do regular soldiers: your schedule is much tighter, and you often receive tasks with unforgiving deadlines. Duty must always come first: you must be ready to abandon clans and marks for the military, should the latter call on your strength.

Despite being trained to face the arcane, you have yet to face any since being released from Project Bel, save for the occasional wraith or two. But as news of the queen's prophesied illness reached Fort Besselat, you begin to re-train yourself in fighting the arcane, and refresh your knowledge of relevant Ivalicean lore. You know that your true task, whatever it might be, will soon arrive.

Sign-Up Sheet
Spoiler:

the class + skill system

Alright, so this will get a little complicated, but bear with me.

The classes that your character can access hinges primarily on their race. Certain races can only access certain classes; information on which race, exactly, can access which class has been conveniently listed in the Races and Classes section.

Each class comes with a set of skills that henceforth shall be referred to as class skills. They consist of one active skill (meaning that in order to take effect, this skill has to be activated in some manner), one passive skill (meaning that this skill will remain active at all times), and one demon factor skill (an extremely powerful skill that your character gets access to because they possess the demon factor).

Each character may have up to two active classes at a time, comprised of the primary class and the secondary class. Characters may elect to only study a single discipline, in which case they would not possess a secondary class; should they choose to do so, they receive a 30% boost to the effectiveness of all their skills where applicable (keeping in mind, of course, that no actual calculation will be done in the RP—so all numerologies in this vein are purely theoretical (you'll see more of these percentages later)).

A more in-depth explanation on skills and how to configure them under the cut.

Spoiler:

races and classes
click on the class icons to view the full-size artwork

This RP features a grand total of seven races of various characteristics, and different areas in which they excel. As such, each race will only have access to a single set of classes, with most of the classes contained within entirely unique to their own race (although some classes are available to multiple races). I'm fairly sure everyone here is familiar with the class concept of RPGs: by being a certain class, your stats change, and you get access to certain skills and magic. It should all be very familiar.

Veterans of the FFTA series will notice that the classes in this RP are very different from those in the games, and that some of their roles have been totally reimagined. Obviously, this was done intentionally! There is but one purpose: so that all classes would possess roughly the same amount of power, allowing you to explore some of the classes that were considered weak in the game. After all, who the hell would play as an Archer when you could be an Assassin, right? But you'll find (or at least, I hope you'll find) that in this RP, the difference in power between the classes is not so extreme.

oKJLTA3.gif
IpKpbWl.gif
LMxk9HX.gif
2XSbvTj.gif
8dqAF5q.gif
GdC0j5O.gif
VPIDdxo.gif
O7IKTr4.gif
wYaLTfs.gif
9kzaX1X.gif
m6cmKHs.gif
RJxGuh7.gif
jI0Duz0.png

The most common of the races, HUMES can be found throughout Ivalice. In skill and ability they are perhaps the most balanced race. While they excel in no single area, they perform capably in most any role.​

HUME CLASSES
Spoiler:

dW3EVO1.gif
u6ZdUEy.gif
PYhNsDm.gif
EaDPuAt.gif
kx06cW5.gif
HHCtNep.gif
nsjULQu.gif
L5O5eHd.gif
X8Y01UD.gif
phrolu5.gif

Tough scales cover this reptilian race head to toe. The BANGAA's violent tempers, powerful physique, and love of the battle make them at home on the front lines. They are perhaps the most physically capable of the seven races, rivaled in this aspect only by the Seeq.​

BANGAA CLASSES
Spoiler:

1uayeT0.gif
DN6Ct4a.gif
HUxny9d.gif
9b6GKbQ.gif
h9CLKnE.gif
2l0YWla.gif
FTw0QCd.gif
04Jd0ky.gif
6RS5yUv.gif

Canine features and long, droopy ears set this race apart. Even-tempered and thoughtful, NU MOU possess the capacity for great intellect. Like moogles, they shun water and avoid it to all cost. Though ill-suited for the front lines of battle, they make incomparable mages and weavers of magick.​

NU MOU CLASSES
Spoiler:

H5eJWjI.gif
Uvdw0N5.gif
e3tBeaC.gif
yzTbmGX.gif
oHdHCO0.gif
sD4QMim.gif
KfSQpOq.gif
Bh2OoBY.gif
QkT8azZ.gif
IugIv4d.gif

Members of this female-only race with hair of spun silver are often called People of the Wood or Wood People. VIERA are lithe of limb and tremendously quick. Their slender bodies belie superior strength and masterful combat skill.​

VIERA CLASSES
Spoiler:

co0BjDJ.gif
xb1haQo.gif
Wk2rNG9.gif
ygvKRNn.gif
WZNYrTp.gif
hQxLeaE.gif
pt71Tgz.gif
JzSsLax.gif
EWcl81n.gif
tPvyqDg.gif

This short-statured race is distinguished by the pom poms on their heads and bat-like wings on their backs. MOOGLES have no love for water, and will not venture in the shallowest of pools. They are accomplished machinists, and they boast a great many unique jobs all their own.​

MOOGLE CLASSES
Spoiler:

9IifYJj.gif
QUcJvn2.gif
NqidXve.gif
kyaUzoW.gif

Though one would not think it to look on them, the SEEQ are remarkably quick and agile, making for formidable foes and valued allies. They are not, however, terribly bright, and their moral compass has lost all direction. They lust for gold, jewels, and the like, often adorning their bodies with such, whether ill-gotten or otherwise.​

SEEQ CLASSES
Spoiler:

f7iKz0F.png
i464Shw.png
kh0JMbR.png
19pJxXE.png

Draconic wings and tail adorn this peculiar race. GRIA are able to fly for short distances, and move without hindrance across the battlefield. They prefer a weapon's cold steel to the subtle arts of magick, eagerly taking to the front lines.​

GRIA CLASSES
Spoiler:

magic: an explanation + reference guide

vHzI45X.jpg

In this RP, magic is divided into two main categories: inherent magic, which is added to the character's repertoire simply by virtue of being a certain class, and skill-based magic, which occupies a character's skill slot. All magical classes have access to a certain kind of inherent magic: these usually only go up to mid-tier (-ra level, e.g. Blizzara, Cura) or high-tier (-ga level, e.g. Blizzaga, Curaga); to go higher (e.g. Blizzaja, Curaja) would require skill-based magic. As such, the potency of a character's magic largely hinges on their class and skill configurations.

Below are magic that are commonly found across Ivalice, and their classifications:

Spoiler:

important miscellany

This RP, which utilizes the lore and gameplay elements of many different Final Fantasy titles, can be very term-heavy. While those who have played games of the series (in particular the Tactics Advance titles and FFXII) should find most of the concepts used to be very familiar, the uninitiated may find it difficult to digest this all at once. And so in the interest of keeping this from becoming too confusing, here is a list of all the relevant RP elements that I can remember, accompanied by short explanations. Also here: important people whose names will pop up quite a bit in this RP. This section might get expanded as we proceed into the RP, so check back often!

Spoiler:

the rules

• Follow PC and RPT rules. This should go without saying; give them a read if you have yet to do so.
  • Moderation. This RP is rated M; while this does give you quite a bit of liberty, please avoid explicit content and the overuse of coarse language, gore, and such.
  • Listen to me. I am the GM, and I will try to be a reasonable one. If you have any problems or recommendations, I will hear out your thoughts and try to work out a solution that would be best for everyone, but please do not argue with my final decisions.
  • Be active. I expect this RP will move at an average-to-slow pace, so for now I think a post once every one or two weeks will be sufficient. If you're going to be inactive for a certain stretch of time, please let me know.
  • Read up. I know this RP has a lot of background things that may not seem important right now, but I assure you that you will at some point encounter these elements. It's okay--encouraged, even, that you don't down it all in one go, but I expect you to have at least a grassroots understanding of the RP's universe and how things work before signing up.
  • Use common sense. While you are essentially demigods in this RP, your power still has its limits. You are still susceptible to incapacitation. Your Fire spell cannot obliterate an entire battalion. You get the idea.
  • Ask me things. I know full well that this RP is a behemoth, and the sheer amount of information (or my inability to convey them clearly...) may leave some in confusion. So if there's something that evades your understanding, do not hesitate to ask me. I will not be participating in this RP myself, so I will have plenty of time to explain anyway.
  • The password is Balfonheim. Please include it somewhere in your SU. It can be Balfonheim Port, the location on the map; it can be your last name; it can be your cat. Just as long as it's there.
  • Write well. Your character's strength as you progress throughout the RP is very much dependent upon the quality of your writing, so please invest some effort into your posts. If you feel that your writing is not being given enough credit, please come to me about it: you can argue your case, and I will tell you just what it is I find problematic about your posts.
  • Have fun! That's the whole point of this RP, anyway.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
My Gods above!

This is beautifully extensive. I would be honored to join this RP if you will have me. However, I will need some time to actually create a worthy character.

My quick parse of the classes and races has me leaning on Hume but I'm not set in my decision. When I have completed the character, it will be found in this post. At the point of completion I will notify you by PM, Parivir.

In the meantime there is but one issue. Can you clarify on the presence of Earth based majiks like quake. Some features spoke of them being present but there's no clear explanation in the majiks tab.

300px-Ninja_concept.png
Introduction:
Kei Nagai, 23, Hume, Male​
Appearance:
Garbed heavily in dark eastern clothing without any armor, aside from a few polished metal pads, Kei is properly dressed as a stealthy shinobi should be: in quiet, baggy attire with plenty of hidden pockets for a plethora of deadly tools.

This particular clothing set has the subtle additions befitting a Nagai shinobi with the purple color, silver shoulder pads, jagged looking headband, and spacious room in the hip to thy area where most tools would be stored for quick withdraw.

Because of the face cloth covering the neck up to the nose, the only flesh that can show are his eyes and the skin immediately surrounding. For trained eyes that's all is needed to identify a person. But for most people it's enough to fool them, thus silence is the best coupling for the full body covering. Dressing this way is required if a shinobi desires both an active lifestyle and a private identity.

Underneath all the worn gear, the real Kei is a sender built but toned male from the East in his prime. With training that emphasizes agility and physical strength he certainly has the body to perform shinobi tactics. Contrary to what one may think, he has tanned skin from being outdoors (when not wearing his gear) to tame beasts in private. As expected his eastern heritage gives him a more uniform complexion compared to the very wide variety of western appearance. Which is to say he appears to be like many eastern people. More specifically his facial construction is smoother all around with a base white tone underneath that does well to couple with his black hair and dark brown eyes.

Standing at a average height of 5'9" Kei fits an every-man look of people back in the East. People of the west, particularly those unfamiliar with eastern people would have trouble identifying him from other eastern people as long as he is encountered along side people of his own homeland.

Separating him from most are his old injuries. Across his body are countless scars earned from facing beasts throughout Ivalice and his home.
Some major scars are from actual battles with more capable opponents. Those are different in shape and size as well for some have been from torture tools and others simple but close to key organs. His civilian attire is thus chosen to cover most scars. When prompted he can explain the origin of each scar and also the reason he survived such a wound.​
Personality:
Formerly the brooding prince of edginess,
Kei has grown and matured a lot. He once could only see his father as annoying old man whose principles got in the way, he now regards him as a great role model for those same principles. Naturally he wants to emulate his father if just to be a better person by following the example and standards he now more fondly remembers. On top of that he's got his mother's intuition which has helped him before in escaping death and seeing through deception.

Still young and somewhat inexperienced, Kei can be too assuming of himself especially as a demon knight. Arrogance was one of his father's flaws as well but it's not as big a weakness since he's come to accept his limitations as places to grow where he used to believe himself invincible when he was younger.

To prove how different he is from his father, one should see him drunk. Under the influence of alcohol he's a whole knew Kei that's eager to talk and befriend even his enemies. That's unlike his father who stayed serious but just more loud when drunk. But they're both the type of drinker to end the night naked and next to an empty bottle on top of a random roof.

A notable trait is that he is very superstitious and has a lot of rules and rituals in his routine to bring luck and stave misfortune. One of the things he does is avoid busy intersections of people because mean spirits are said to pick pocket people traveling alone in a crowd. The origin for these superstitious is a mystery since no one from the East would even know them or at least recognize them as common superstitions. When pressed for details it's actually that he doesn't remember where he learned them just that he knew from his childhood not to do certain things, most pertaining to daily life and work. If he had to guess then it would be death in a former life where he was careless and died by ignorance.​
History:
Five years ago. Balfonheim Port was the first check point on the western continent for Kei. That was his starting place from which he would search for his missing sister and the bastard who killed their clan. He knew that the murderer fled from the homeland in attempts to escape from the wrath of the few remaining Nagai shinobi. Following him from the other end of the world was not an easy nor smart task but with the hope of saving his sister he endured the long trip alone held up only by a dream of reunion.

Because the survivors were already scattered, Kei assumed they would consider him dead if he never returned home. Thus his move to the west was never mean to be permanent.

Spending over a year searching he found himself in the capitol of Ivalice broken down by misery and depression. Never having found his sister or the murderer he was left without answers as to why it happened. Ashamed, he could never return home even to the ruins of burned builds and graves. Besides his sister was all he had for close family even before the fall of the Nagai.

Passions of the past weren't appealing or able to distract him from his past or old ambitious. Kei would not live an exciting life as the leader of his clan nor in battle as a devoted protector of his people. He was alone.

Three years ago he was at his lowest point, shrouded by a veil of doom. He was only saved from the deep abyss of despair by the word of salvation of a Holycaster who convinced him that there's still value in a life full of sadness. Seeing the devotion of priests, blessings of Faram the Father, and works of wonder at the peak of the holy mountain were enough to prove there was something to believe in when all else had failed. Kei was reborn in faith for the world. However, the life of a monk nor one of a holy man was not for him. Instead he wanted to continue his life as a shinobi but working for Ivalice, his new home.

Having a new sense of beauty in he world he followed the path of a tamer as well to fill a small void in his life. Coupling his skills as a shinobi with taking he way for new techniques to expand his repertoire of tactics and strategy. The first of two beast he tamed was actually a Flan. It responded well to taming but has its own problems in that it just can't stop itself from eating if there's food around, Kei finds it adorable. The second of the beasts was a red chocobo that really hated western people but seemed ok with easterners. It seems like it used to be tamed by someone else but has fled the former tamer.

Then there was the experiments with magicite in Project Bel. Getting involved with that was a matter of luck in combination with a new connection in work. It proved to be a perfect opportunity for him to make Ivalice a larger factor of his life as an actual piece of this lands history was fused with him and in turn he would be made part of Ivalice history as one of the Demon Knights.

Ever since then he's kept very busy with work in the Order of Kingmarch especially with the death of the royalty dividing politics. He remains indifferent to most of politics because he's one that likes to follow orders an not worry about the intentions behind them.​
Class(es):
Shinobi | Tamer​
Equipment:
latest
Heaven's Cloud: Weapon. A Sacred Blade plucked from the tail of a green dragon with a hilt carved from its bones. This is the sword is a holy based weapon that deals physical light damage and absorbs the element for itself.

latest
Black Whip: Weapon. A black whip used for taming beasts and unleashing pain from a safe distance. It's design allows it to leave no marks on its target and instead emphasize the sting of it's attacks.

latest
Dark Robes: Armor. A set of black robes that allow their wearer to more more swiftly in darkness. It's as if you are the summer's breeze on the roof tops. It also prevents the effects of Stop from working.

latest
Thief's Hat: Headgear. A hat worn by thieves. It prevents the effects of Immobilize and disable from working.

???
Nagai Clan Headband: Accessory A headband worn by shinobi of the Nagai clan. The clan was extinguished long ago, only a handful of it's children remain.

latest
Ninja Tabi: Footwear. Enhancing the speed of the wearer, these shoes are perfect for the agile.

???
Eastern Arsenal: Equipment. A wide variety of tools including throwing stars, kunai, smoke bombs, flash bombs, actual explosives, floor spikes, and short swords kept all over the body in hidden pockets. It's a wonder how the shinobi can move with all that stuff kept on his person.

Among the more mystical tools are his shinobi scrolls which use embedded magic sealed in ink and blood. What these scrolls do is one time use abilities that either conjure pre-sealed items like those above or to release magic that had been captured and sealed. The writing process takes an hour per scroll so the time investment is a limiter in battle unless to activate the scroll. The use of scrolls was taught by Kei's shinobi clan the Nagai who would also seal embedded spells into scrolls.

Unfortunately, Kei was not able to learn that side of scroll making in time. Thus the advanced techniques of scroll writing are lost. But one day Kei may rediscover the method his family once used as a reborn art.​
Skills:
passive/EASTERN ARSENAL [A-]
With their arts stemming from eastern roots, Shinobis are capable of wielding a wide range of foreign weaponry unusable by any other classes. From throwing stars to kunais to mystical scrolls, the sheer variety of the tools at the Shinobi's disposal makes him extremely unpredictable, especially to foes unfamiliar with their tactics.

active/SOUND OF SILENCE [C+]
This technique completely masks the Shinobi's presence from the enemy's ears, making them extremely hard to detect, especially in darkness. This effect can last up to ten minutes at a time, and, unlike many other abilities, may be used multiple times (3-6, depending on the Shinobi's skill) per day.

demonfactor/GENJUTSU [EX+]
A forbidden art silently passed down through generations of Shinobis, Genjutsu is a technique that alters the victim's perception of reality, making him see events that are not truly transpiring, and feel pain that is not really there. Genjutsu is an extremely fickle technique, hard to control, with a large margin for backfiring. However, when used properly and with a bit of luck, it can inflict massive psychological pain to the target, and drive them to the brink of insanity.

active/SHADOW CLONE [A]
Using magic to bring forth a clone, a shinobi is able to confuse the enemy by having multiple copies of themselves on the battle field by being in more than one place at a time. They unfortunately cannot affect the physical world aside from light because they are no more than illusions. When activated clones will last for no more than a minute each. This ability, being a drain on magic reserves, requires around five minutes to recharge per clone created with a limit of clones at 3 at once with a maximum of 15 in a day.

active/SHADOW STEP
Using magic a shinobi moves through shadows to appear in another, very useful for navigating a fortress undetected but also in the heat of battle to vanish without a trace. Its limit to successive uses is at 5 which would almost instantly drain one's magical reserve because its cost is compounding when used quickly rather than flat. Waiting around a minute allows it to be used without a compounding effect but still has a limit of ten times in a day.

passive/SPIDER CLIMB [C]
A shinobi must be a capable climber. As such special training combined with the use of magic allows them to move on surfaces that aren't flat such as walls and ceilings. Scaling up the side of a fortress is as simple as running against gravity's pull.

demonfactor/SHADOW NINJUTSU [EX+]
The Nagai clan's Ninjutsu manipulates shadows, specifically the user's own into various shapes but without depth. It's partially physical an thus can be used to grappling opponents thus making them puppets trying to break free from the user's control. The limiter of this deadly technique is light. Since one's shadow must maintain the surface area while on a lit surface, it's range is typically limited to a couple meters while being very thin and weak at that distance, otherwise in darkness or in shadows the surface area is irrelevant. Also being that this drains the magical reserves, the more targets affected and longer its used the more drain will take place until it begins to suck the life force from its user. Thus the maximum duration is ten minutes with the most efficient use of the ability but as little as a few seconds for a score of opponents or even a single massive enemy. Using it the technique again requires some time, thus it can't be used more than 10 minutes in a day with intervals between uses no shorter than half an hour.

active/UNITY [B+]
A technique passed down through generations of Tamers, Unity combines the consciousness of the Tamer and their beast, allowing them to act together in perfect coordination. Unity may only be performed by Tamers who have forged a particularly strong bond with their partner beasts—otherwise, the beast might view the presence of the Tamer in its consciousness as an attack, thus overthrowing the Tamer's control and retaliating against them.

passive/WHIPLASH [B-]
Although at a disadvantage when pitted against other melee fighters, the Tamer's expertise in dealing with beasts and monsters makes them the ideal choice when these threats present themselves. As such, when equipped with a whip and fighting against beasts, the Tamer's offensive firepower is increased by a factor of three.

demonfactor/FALGABIRD [EX+]
Falgabird is a technique that utilizes the body and soul of the Tamer's partner monster as a catalyst to summon one of the Four Fiends of Chaos that once wreaked havoc upon the land. These fiends are powerful beings that will heed the commands of the Tamer, but their presence drains the energies of both Tamer and partner beast, and thus can only be sustained for up to fifteen minutes. The aftermath of Falgabird will leave the Tamer and their partner beast in a state of exhaustion, rendering them vulnerable for a long period of time.

active/BEAST TRANSFORMATION [A]
This technique is only possible for Kei because he's a trained shinobi and also very close to the beasts he tames. By studying a creature very closely he is able to use magic and transform himself into an exact copy of them with the same innate abilities but keeping his mental capacity. If he falls unconscious or ten minutes pass the ability will end and he will appear as he was before. It can only be used 2-3 times per day and no more than once per hour due to the strain put on his body and the drain on his magical reserve. Also, any equipment he is carrying and clothes he is wearing are absorbed by his new form.

passive/SEAL SUMMONING [C]
A technique created by Kei in order to better coordinate with the beasts he tames, requires a special marking on the beast's body. It allows Kei to summon the beast to him wherever it may be located in the world and later can dismissed back to its previous location. The summoning itself requires a small bit of magic which is placed in the seal when its drawn and to initiate the summon it's a full minute on account of the magic responding to the call from afar. If the beast no longer wants to be tamed or is set free the seal will disappear. A new seal is then placed on a beast that replaces the old one. The greatest function of this ability is that the shinobi does not require the beast to travel with them and can call upon it in the heart of battle.

Roleplay Sample:
"Break free or surely the blade will cut you in half." Kei said, forcing his opponent to harm himself by using his own blade. Strong shadow arms were coiled around the burly man's thick torso and arms. "Your strength is commendable. But it's not enough."

"Time.. is... on.. my.. side." The fighter said, his forced out from his locked jaws.

"It's only been five minutes and you're already shaking, Gotta. I thought a bandit whose gimmick was unparalleled strength would prove a better opponent to a Demon Knight." Kei taunted.

"I.. will.. not.. fail!" Gotta said, completing the echo of the past that entered Kei's mind. Those words were exactly his from so many years ago in a situation in reverse.

A drop of sweat falling from his nose and then landing on the ground was the only thing to move on the shinobi as he stood still in silence with his arms held in front of him with his hands in a symbolic position of consentration and his legs spread for balance while he stood still. Before him his father holding a blade above his head locked where he stood because of wriggling shadow arms wrapped and coiled over his body. As five minutes passed the shinobi, but a boy of twelve years watched as his father's expressionless face glared with the deadly eyes of a killer.

"Your time is nearly up. Maintain the technique this time or the blade will surely cut you in two." His words equally cold and piercing.

The boy struggled but he wasn't shaking like the first time he trained the sacred art with his father. Months of dedicated practice and incrementally growing difficulty had honed the boy's technique from a second long effect to nearly five minutes which was only surpassed by older shinobi of the clan. In essence he'd become stronger than most his age. That's what his father was looking for in a successor and from his son.

"And I won't fail either." Kei said, acknowledging the important memory of his father's teaching. If only he were around to see the man that Kei had become in the absence of his clan. He was important, respected, and most importantly loyal to a people that deserved his strength as a shinobi.

Last edited:

Parivir

Years
My Gods above!

This is beautifully extensive. I would be honored to join this RP if you will have me. However, I will need some time to actually create a worthy character.

My quick parse of the classes and races has me leaning on Hume but I'm not set in my decision. When I have completed the character, it will be found in this post. At the point of completion I will notify you by PM, Parivir.

In the meantime there is but one issue. Can you clarify on the presence of Earth based majiks like quake. Some features spoke of them being present but there's no clear explanation in the majiks tab.

Keen eye.

Earth magic is not a branch that is commonly taught in conventional magical learning, and is thus not part of the pantheon of spells you see in the magic blurb (outside of Midgardsormr's Quake). That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, of course, but certainly it's more obscure, as it has to be attained through informal methods of magical learning. Which is to say: if your character wants to become an earth magic specialist, then that particular repertoire would probably be reflected in their personal skills (personal spells?) rather than their class skills (er, spells).

In regards to the spell Quake in particular, it's considered an ancient magic in the realm of this RP, much like the Magus' Gigaflare or the Royal Mage's Meteor, which is why it only appears in Midgardsormr's possession. That is not to say, however, that your character can't access the spell altogether: if you've a mind to invest the personal skill slot (and a suitably large amount of skill points) for the spell, then be my guest haha. Midgardsormr's version of the spell should be on par in terms of strength and rank with top-tier elecast (e.g. Firaja, Holyja).

Feel free to ask me to clarify further if you still have any questions. Also feel free to take your time with the SU, haha.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
Oh boy do I have more questions now that I'm trying to make person skills.

I'm going to assume the following based on some assumptions about magic.

1. A character can only acquire more spells if their class permits learning those spells either by cast-type and tier or by specific spell such as in the cases of Doomcaster and Holycasters.

2. A personal skill of a rank equal to the maximum rank of a spell listed in the tier of a cast type allows one to acquire all the spells of that tier of that cast type if they can learn the full set of the tier or just the specific spell.

The Doomcaster can learn Low-tier Secondary Elecasting with 2 points of skill rank. In this way they get 3 new spells for 2 points total.

The Holycaster can learn the Holy spell with 2 points of skill rank. In this way they get 1 new spell for 2 points total.

3. As inherent magic is unrelated to the class skill slots but personal skill based magic requires slots as stated even if it was just one spell.

A Doomcaster uses an active or passive skill slot to learn new spells of a casting-type tier.

A Holycaster would use an active or passive skill slot to learn holy.

4. Learning a higher tier of casting type means paying for the full value of the highest spell in the casting tier, or if spell by spell the next level. In doing so this upgrades the skill itself instead of using a new skill slot.

A Holycaster would have to pay 8 skill points total to learn both the Top-tier Holycast spells. This itself requires a skill slot to be used since it goes beyond inherent skills. Similarly if they wanted to have Holyra they would have needed to spent 2 points on Holy first and will then spend 4 points for Holyra but it would take the skill slot of the existing holy.

Are those above assumptions correct?

Now a different set of assumptions for general skills.

1. In making skills from scratch we cannot copy another class's skills to replicate a function.

For example I could not use a demon factor skill slot related to the Holycaster class to replicate the function of the Witch's demon factor: Swiftcast.

2. We can not replicate any particular spell that already exists as written in the OP. Instead we can replicate spells not already made but we must follow what they are in the games and translate them here under the corresponding class.

Drain is a black magic in the FF games and would best correspond to the Doomcast grouping.

3. Original effects are going to be hit and miss in terms of correctly assigning a value of points to them but ultimately will correspond to flexibility and general function.

I don't even have an example but something like uhhhh "Auramancy" would be high cost as it's a general skill that manipulates a lot of factors surrounding aura which would reasonably include a potential targets.

Parivir

Years
I'll try to address these concerns as best as I can right now, but I'm currently running late for college haha. I should be able to give a more proper response later today.

Oh boy do I have more questions now that I'm trying to make person skills.

I'm going to assume the following based on some assumptions about magic.

1. A character can only acquire more spells if their class permits learning those spells either by cast-type and tier or by specific spell such as in the cases of Doomcaster and Holycasters.

Right--your character can have a unique spell designed entirely by you and accessible only by your character, by virtue of the demon factor, but they can't access pre-existing spells outside of the schools of magic listed in their relevant information blurb. So as a Doomcaster, you can't have a Summoncraft spell, but you can, if you so choose, construct a being made of spirits to fight on your behalf, much in the way summons behave. Basically, with your personal skill, your imagination (and your skill points) are the limit.

2. A personal skill of a rank equal to the maximum rank of a spell listed in the tier of a cast type allows one to acquire all the spells of that tier of that cast type if they can learn the full set of the tier or just the specific spell.

The Doomcaster can learn Low-tier Secondary Elecasting with 2 points of skill rank. In this way they get 3 new spells for 2 points total.

The Holycaster can learn the Holy spell with 2 points of skill rank. In this way they get 1 new spell for 2 points total.

Ah, here's where it gets a little dicey. Purchasing pre-existing spells with skill points do not grant you access to the entire rank, per se, but rather the individual spells. So if you are, say, a Doomcaster, without spending any skill points or skill slots you already have access to Low-tier, Mid-tier, High-tier Doomcast, as well as Low-tier Primary Elecast; however, accessing the entirety of Mid-tier Primary Elecast requires you to spend three entire skill slots and nine skill points (three per C+ spell) to add those spells to your repertoire. Obviously you can opt to only purchase one skill of the three (i.e. just Thundara) for the price of one skill slot and three points.

Gosh I hope that isn't too confusing haha. I'll come back to this later and try to whip up a blurb containing possible spell repertoires for different class combinations. I promiseeeeee

3. As inherent magic is unrelated to the class skill slots but personal skill based magic requires slots as stated even if it was just one spell.

A Doomcaster uses an active or passive skill slot to learn new spells of a casting-type tier.

A Holycaster would use an active or passive skill slot to learn holy.

a) All spells are considered active skills. b) A Doomcaster would spend one active skill slot and three skill points in adding the single spell Fira to their repertoire, as it is a C+ spell; a Holycaster would spend one active skill slot and four skill points in adding Holyra, as it is a B- spell.

4. Learning a higher tier of casting type means paying for the full value of the highest spell in the casting tier, or if spell by spell the next level. In doing so this upgrades the skill itself instead of using a new skill slot.

A Holycaster would have to pay 8 skill points total to learn both the Top-tier Holycast spells. This itself requires a skill slot to be used since it goes beyond inherent skills. Similarly if they wanted to have Holyra they would have needed to spent 2 points on Holy first and will then spend 4 points for Holyra but it would take the skill slot of the existing holy.

Learning both top-tier Holycast spells require two skill slots and sixteen skill points, as opposed to one and eight. Top-tier Holycast is not itself a skill, merely an umbrella under which two skills (Curaja and Reraise) reside--"access" to the tier does not mean ownership of all the spells within the tier, per se.

1. In making skills from scratch we cannot copy another class's skills to replicate a function.

For example I could not use a demon factor skill slot related to the Holycaster class to replicate the function of the Witch's demon factor: Swiftcast.

If you can find a sensible and lore-relevant reason as to why that particular class may be able to access that particular ability, then it's fair game. The Holycaster-Swiftcast is a bit of a stretch, quite apparently, because Holycaster is not an offensive class and Swiftcast is a hella offensive ability, but generally speaking replicating the function of another skill--or elements of it, more likely--under a different brand isn't really forbidden or anything.

2. We can not replicate any particular spell that already exists as written in the OP. Instead we can replicate spells not already made but we must follow what they are in the games and translate them here under the corresponding class.

Drain is a black magic in the FF games and would best correspond to the Doomcast grouping.

Again, as long as it's sensible, anything goes. Drain can be interpreted as spirits draining the life force from your opponents (in which case it would fall under Doomcast), or directly manipulating the life force itself (in which case it would probably fall under Transmutation). Both would fly in my eyes.

3. Original effects are going to be hit and miss in terms of correctly assigning a value of points to them but ultimately will correspond to flexibility and general function.

I don't even have an example but something like uhhhh "Auramancy" would be high cost as it's a general skill that manipulates a lot of factors surrounding aura which would reasonably include a potential targets.

Yeah, regarding original effects or unique skills a lot of sensibility will be required on the RPer's part in creating it. Ultimately unless it's blatantly too powerful (or too weak) for the rank it's placed under, I won't meddle too much in this particular process.

Cheers, Dungeon Maker. Hope that clarifies things a bit; if not, I'll be back soonish to answer any more concerns, haha.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
You've covered all the gray area I needed answered.

Will we be getting more active skill slots in the future?

Parivir

Years
You've covered all the gray area I needed answered.

Will we be getting more active skill slots in the future?

Yep! As the RP goes on and you rack up skill points through your posts, new skill slots will become available. A slot will open up for every five skill points you earn; whether that slot will be active or passive (or even if you'll be using it at all) will be entirely of your choosing.

So! I'm glad you're all sorted, Dungeon Maker, but just for future reference here's a sample character setup, courtesy of our warrior queen herself. (do excuse the lorem ipsum, as this sample SU is meant to illustrate equipments, classes, and skills rather than an SU in its entirety. haha)

Name: (Young) Ritz Solgalia Malheur

Race: Hume, but earned the blessings of the Golmore Jungle in her youth, thus granting her access to viera classes and skills

Appearance: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nam rhoncus erat vitae tortor iaculis, id fermentum eros tempor. In maximus condimentum lacus eget mollis. Nulla tempus, lacus sed tempus gravida, enim tellus aliquam erat, eu viverra erat nisl nec urna. Sed hendrerit, augue ac pretium auctor, justo odio imperdiet lectus, sit amet aliquam orci nisi sed risus. Donec maximus congue purus. Fusce viverra, tellus quis feugiat consectetur.

Personality: Donec viverra rhoncus ante, nec ullamcorper mi condimentum nec. Nulla rutrum diam nec laoreet viverra. Praesent est lectus, volutpat at libero nec, commodo fermentum eros. Phasellus pulvinar sapien a risus tincidunt tempor. Sed et sem id nibh maximus malesuada vel et mi. Etiam congue condimentum nibh, quis commodo metus volutpat ut.

Quisque nisl elit, dignissim in dapibus non, varius sed odio. Curabitur ultrices felis in dui dignissim, nec maximus metus facilisis. Maecenas sodales, felis at faucibus feugiat, mi metus imperdiet augue, in tempor metus augue quis velit. Etiam tristique sapien nunc, non posuere libero convallis a. Mauris arcu ex, dapibus in finibus quis, volutpat nec ipsum.

History: Nullam bibendum faucibus ligula at accumsan. Phasellus convallis lorem at ultrices hendrerit. Ut aliquam accumsan porttitor. Maecenas blandit, turpis vel tempus scelerisque, nisi quam ornare dolor, eu tempor lacus magna sit amet dolor. Nunc non justo tellus. Nam viverra eleifend orci, non posuere erat consectetur ut. Donec mattis suscipit erat id eleifend.

Vestibulum gravida sed arcu a maximus. Integer eu urna sed velit finibus ultricies. Ut ut lobortis sem. Duis in porta felis. Donec a aliquam nisl. Morbi imperdiet id leo at scelerisque. Nulla congue arcu ac fermentum faucibus. Mauris eget tortor at tellus ultricies rhoncus ut sit amet ante. Nullam condimentum molestie varius.

Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Suspendisse potenti. Aliquam imperdiet convallis mattis. Vivamus dapibus mollis lectus. Donec bibendum augue a nulla finibus ornare. Quisque consequat turpis quis ligula faucibus, nec facilisis ante iaculis.

Class(es): Duelist (primary class), Shamaness (secondary class)

Equipment:
A blade so famous it's almost mythical, Hellfire Hornet was forged nearly a century ago by a master moogle blacksmith in Goug, said to have been created from white steel and silvril. How it attained its scarlet color no one quite knows for sure, but given the blade's rich history of warfare and assassinations, the legends of it being ensanguined to the point of permanent recoloration is certainly one to consider. [One-of-a-kind, deals dark-element physical damage]

A relatively expensive item despite being mass produced, the Hollow Shield is intricately designed to provide as much physical protection as possible while keeping itself relatively lightweight. As such, it is very much a popular choice among faster classes, despite its considerable price tag. [Moderately boosts physical defense, slightly reduces speed]

As unpractical as it may seem, the War Bustier is one of the highest quality products coming from renowned combat outfitters Minerva Fabrics. It doesn't offer much by way of physical defense, but it is woven from magicked threads designed to protect the wearers against hostile magic. [Greatly boosts resistance, grants immunity to Doom and Condemn]

Traditionally meant as an item of proposal from the bride-to-be to her groom, this particular iteration of the Blue Feather is adorned with an assortment of magical stones said to be capable of warding off elemental damage while still looking devilishly stylish on your hair. [Reduces damage received from Primary Elecast spells by 10%, immunity to charm.]

Unlike the War Bustier, the Scarlet Steppers are purely a fashion item with little relevance in the field of combat. They are, however, durable and very comfortable, thus affording their wearer a slight boost in speed. [Slightly increases speed.]

Skills:
A. DUELIST
active/SWORD OF METIEL [Class]
Drawing upon the viera's ties to mystical Wood, Ritz can call upon the aid of the Djinn Metiel, powerful war spirits that reside within the deepest parts of the Golmore Jungle. Upon being summoned, the Djinn Metiel will possess Ritz's rapier for a period of twelve minutes, reinforcing it with mystical strength: during this time, Ritz's damage output is boosted by 40%, and they take 25% less damage from magical attacks.

active/SHIELD OF GAMNAG [Personal]
Yet another ability that draws upon the benevolent spirits of the Wood, this technique makes use of benevolent entities known as the Djinn Gamnag, who will take control of Ritz's shield for a duration of ten minutes, allowing her to focus solely on offense. Without a proper understanding of the technique, the layman would think that Ritz's shield is moving itself: this on its own is a considerable boon, as the confusion it elicits from enemy might allow Ritz an opening for attack. Especially effective since Ritz is a Hume, who therefore should not ostensibly hold any dominion over the Golmore Jungle's Djinns.

active/MANASTRIKE [B-] [Personal]
A technique that strikes at the target's magical reserves rather than their health, Manastrike can be a punishing move with mages who have already spread their magical reserves too thin. While the technique's damage to its target's magical reserves--around 40% of their max MP--is considerable, it cannot be used in quick succession; as such, the technique requires quite a bit of proper planning in order to truly shut down opposing mages.

passive/SOLO FIGHTER [Class]
The Duelist's rapid-fire fighting style relies mostly on their quick reflexes and high agility. As such, it may become troublesome for them to fight with an ally nearby: the possibility of inflicting friendly fire leads them to hold back from entering their stab-all-you-can-see mode. As such, when fighting without any allies present within a 5-meter radius, Duelists receive a 30% boost to their damage output and agility.

passive/NOBLE MIEN [B-] [Personal]
Ritz's combination of natural talent and the privilege of a noble upbringing not only endowed her with great capacity for both swordplay and sorcery, but also with a great deal of charisma. So strong is her capability to influence others that her allies will deal 20% more damage when fighting within a 10-meter radius from her, and her enemies suffer a 20% penalty to their damage when directly targeting her in an attack.

demonfactor/SILVERLIGHT [EX+] [Class]
A trademark technique of the legendary viera warriors of old, Silverlight engulfs the viera's entire body in mystical energy, giving their body a silvery aura and increasing their already behemoth speed by a stunning 300%. This allows them to blaze through enemy ranks without fear of enemy attacks even grazing them, and deal copious amounts of damage in a short period of time. Silverlight can only be used once per day, but it lasts a period of eight minutes: plenty of time to devastate an entire battalion, let alone a single opponent.

demonfactor/CONSTELLAR [EX+] [Personal]
Constellar is a unique demon factor ability in that it can only be activated while Silverlight is active. It is what some might say an improvement over perfection: in addition to the behemoth speed boost provided by Silverlight, Constellar provides Ritz with a 50% increase in all her rapier-based attacks, and extends the period of Silverlight to twelve minutes. Constellar does not cost MP nor does it place a significant amount of strain on the body: the only thing that limits this skill is Silverlight's duration.

B. SHAMANESS
active/BALSA GUARDIANSHIP [B-] [Class]
A skill that relies on the Djinn Balsa, benevolent spirits of the Golmore Jungle, Balsa Guardianship increases the target's physical and magical defense by 25% for a period of 15 minutes. Upon expiring, the Djinn Balsa will leave a parting gift for the target in the form of a Cura spell. If the target is incapacitated while still being affected by Balsa Guardianship, then the Djinn Balsa will seek out the Shamaness that summoned it, and bestow its protection upon her instead.

active/DARKGA [Personal]
Adds Darkga, a Rank B Doomcast spell, to Ritz's magical repertoire.

passive/SPIRIT CHARMER [B+] [Class]
The Shamaness is favored by the Wood even among the viera, and the spirits of Golmore Jungle are more inclined to assist them in combat. As such, all techniques involving the usage of Djinns are extended in duration by 4 minutes should they be used by someone with Shamaness as their primary or secondary class.

passive/GUEST OF GOLMORE [B+] [Personal]
As the only Hume in recent history to be blessed by the Wood itself, Ritz has an established rapport with the viera residing within. As such, when fighting alongside a viera ally, both of their damage outputs are increased by 40% each. Furthermore, the efficacy of any attack on Ritz that involves the usage of Djinns is reduced by 25%, where applicable.

demonfactor/AZOTH [EX+] [Class]
Azoth, also referred to in old texts as the Great Repose, is a skill that is best used when fighting against whole armies. It is a skill that inflicts the Sleep debuff on 50% of the opposing forces, though it cannot reach enemies farther than twenty meters away, and has a target cap of fifty people. Should there be more than fifty eligible targets within range, the ones who will actually be hit by the spell are selected at random. Furthermore, the spell can still miss its targets, for it has a fixed accuracy of 70%. Azoth can only be used twice per day, with at least four hours in between uses.

C. SPELL REPERTOIRE
C.1. Secondary Elecast
Low-tier:
  • Aero (inflicts Wind-elemental damage) [C] [Shamaness, inherent]
  • Water (inflicts Water-elemental damage) [C] [Shamaness, inherent]
  • Holy (inflicts Holy-elemental damage) [C] [Shamaness, inherent]

Mid-tier:
  • Aera (inflicts moderately powerful Wind-elemental damage) [B-] [Shamaness, inherent]
  • Watera (inflicts moderately powerful Water-elemental damage) [B-] [Shamaness, inherent]
  • Holyra (inflicts moderately powerful Holy-elemental damage) [B-] [Shamaness, inherent]

C.2. Doomcast
Low-tier:
  • Dark (inflicts Dark-elemental damage) [C-] [Shamaness, inherent]
  • Confound (inflicts Confuse, rendering the target unable of differentiating friend from foe) [C] [Shamaness, inherent]

Mid-tier:
  • Darkra (inflicts moderately powerful Dark-elemental damage) [C+] [Shamaness, inherent]
  • Curse (inflicts Addle, rendering the target unable to use their skills) [C+] [Shamaness, inherent]

High-tier:
  • Darkga (inflicts powerful Dark-elemental damage) [Shamaness, skill-based]

Roleplay Sample: err, lorem ipsum dolor sit amer....

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
That's good news!

Love to see you on discord at some point!

I've settled for Hume shinobi tamer.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
done.

in regards to bound, i did some quick research on dragoons who the ability is based off of. there's not a lot of concrete evidence, but a lot of people have said that 75 feet is roughly the height of their jumps but of course that's just speculation. I put in 60 as a placeholder for height, but I really have no idea what to put down for length so I just left it open.

Name: Labanar Byron Barborda
Age, Sex, Race: 36, Male, Hume

Appearance and Equipment:
Spoiler:

Labanar is a white, male hume in his mid thirties with slicked back, dirty blonde hair. The beard which covers the majority of his face is riddled with graying hairs which match with his dull, grey eyes. The corners of his mouth are contained by wrinkles, likely caused by the permanent half-smile that his lips are displayed in. A large scar is plastered across his face, reaching from the receding hairline on the left side of his head, and travelling all the way down to his chin in a jagged line, to where whatever left the mark to begin with seems to have had punctured the bone, causing his chin to become dented in.

His rather slender body is adorned in baggy cloth pants and a thin chainmail, which is covered by a heavy set of steel plate armor crafted for his highly above average height of 6' 7". Specially made gloves of rubber are covered with red guards along the arms which reach all the way up to the shoulders of the heavy plate armor, providing some resistance against the elements of fire and lightning.The baggy cloth pants which cover the lower regions of his body are tucked snugly into metal boots that have been fashioned into sharp, pointed tips by the toes. Labanar holds a small wooden knife fastened to the side of his armor, and a studded belt at his waist which holds two, blades. The first blade is a wakizashi style curved sword, with no real distinguishing features. The second weapon, is a somewhat longer sword whose blade spirals into a tip almost making it appear to be a strange and sharpened lance, however the three sharpened edges which make up the spiraling weapon most certainly were designed for the weapon's use as a sword.

Spiral Blade - One half of a whole. The Spiral blade's counterpart is known as the Inverted Spear. When the two are connected, a powerful ability is said to emerge for those strong enough to wield it. The Spiral Blade on its own is capable of expelling matter/energy around the edges of its blade and most powerfully at its point when activated. The Inverted Spear holds the opposite power, absorbing anything into it that the 'hole' of the lance comes into contact with. When two are one, an ability called "Becoming The Beast" may give itself to the wielder of the weapon.
(example, I cut someone with the blade but they have armor, so it instead hits the armor and then expels a powerful blast of energy from that point of contact, significantly denting the armor and perhaps crushing whatever is beneath.)

Wakizashi - a currently powerless and featureless blade of thirteen inches. Originally wielded by Labanar's wife.

Wooden Knife - a plain, wooden knife. one of a pair crafted by childhood friends. Labanar currently wields the one made by Gigramor, and vice versa.

Rubber gloves - gloves made of rubber, nullify electric attacks to the hands and wrists. Don't provide much in terms of defense for the rest of the body.

Red Gauntlets - Armor which covers the hands and reaches up to the shoulder. Grants immunity to the fire element when using the arms to block, but not much else.

Platemail - A set of armor consisting of two layers - chainmail, and plate armor. Rather sturdy defense against both physical and ranged attacks.

Personality and history: Labanar is and always has been one of the more cheery knights of Ivalice. He's often overlooked the darker side of going ons around him in hopes of seeing the goodness not only in himself, but in all others that he has dealt with. Even when in conflict, he would often hope to end the battles without killing the enemy - which often left him in a state of depression as he sat surrounded by the numerous men and women that he'd been forced to kill by not being able to see eye to eye.

Around his 23rd birthday, Labanar was sent out on a supposedly straightforward and peaceful recon mission alongside a group of twelve others. However, things had not been as they initially appeared. Soon after setting out, the group was ambushed, and due to Labanar's feelings about violence and bloodshed, he'd failed to take the initiative and quickly lost half of the men he'd been traveling with. After a long and arduous battle that saw to the end of every member of the scouting part save for himself, Labanar returned to his kingdom only to be told he was being dismissed from the knighthood due to his numerous failures and shortcomings.

After being dismissed from the knighthood in his mid twenties, Labanar found himself completely lost. For roughly a year after his dismissal, Labanar only lived to drink himself into a stupor, ignoring not only his own well being but that of all those around him as he lazily swung his sword and fists alike through dozens of bars across the country until the day that he found his first love, Mera; the Viera woman who brought him back to his senses and caused him to see the error in his ways once more.

Mera and Labanar lived together for four years, hunting great beasts together and joining up with numerous caravans as they traveled the country in search of a deeper meaning to themselves. The two fell deeply in love, so much so that Mera soon became pregnant with their child. Not wanting to put his newfound family in danger, Labanar chose to settle down with Mera and continue hunting beasts on his own so as to protect her and their child. Things continued well up until the second month after their daughter was born.

Once Labanar had turned 28, he'd saved up enough money that he hoped to never have to travel away again and could finally put down his sword and live his life. However, fate had different plans in store for the man. For on the second month after his daughter had been born and while he was out on a final hunting mission, he received word that Mera and his daughter had been kidnapped and were being held for a ransom that was equal to all that he'd managed to save up until that point.

In a rush, the knight hurried to the location noted on the ransom and waited to confront the men who'd taken his family hostage only to find that Mera herself was in the lead of them. The woman laughed as Labanar wept, wondering where things had gone wrong. Mera handed their child off to one of the various men behind her, stating that Labanar held no place in her heart nor in their daughters since the child wasn't even his to begin with, but one of the men's behind her. Labanar began to weep harder as he raised his sword, readying to take his wife and child back home from the men who'd kidnapped and brainwashed her into saying such things.

However, as always, things failed to go as planned and Labanar failed to meet eye to eye with anyone present on that day. The knight hacked his way through the numerous members of Mera's gang, only to come face to face with the woman herself as she brandished a wakizashi. Mera struck Labanar across the face, scarring him permanently before tragically tumbling backwards over their daughter who had fallen from the perch she'd been resting on while her true father fought the knight. Mera fell into a ravine, leaving her sword and the now dead child behind as she plummeted to her own death.

Refusing to believe any of what had happened, Labanar took the wakizashi for himself, holding it as his final memento of what he'd once had. Hoping to learn more about his family, the knight began to study the art of the Samurai, hoping to connect with the spirit within his ex-wife's blade so they could reminisce together. Monster hunting and journeying the lands was now long behind him. All that Labanar could care about now was learning the truth of what had transpired, and in order to do so he dedicated himself to his new blade.

During his meditation, Labanar was contacted by an old friend in the knighthood by the name of Gigramor Laslapur who told him of a secret program going on behind the scenes that could net him his position as knight back and clear his name if he survived the trials in wait. Labanar brushed off his old friend's invitation, wanting only to deepen his relationship with the spirits of his swords. Gigramor accepted Labanar's dedication to his own pursuits, but did not give up on the recruitment. Instead, the knight sent a number of men and women to recruit his old friend. Eventually, the ex-knight buckled and agreed to join in only because of the prospect of gaining more powers that could allow him to see more clearly his foggy past.

Since obtaining the promised powers of Project Bel, Labanar has been seen assisting the townsfolk in any way that he could while awaiting higher orders. Labanar is often seen as a role model to the other knights of the Kingmarch, as he's been more than happy to act as both a sparring partner as well as a preacher of peace and hope while still seeking more knowledge from the libraries and other Samurai on how to hone his mind and skills. More often than not however, Labanar is out with various clans, helping them with their hunts and offering protection from bandits just as he always had before.

His morals remain unchanged, even after having traversed the darkness of Project Bel and finally finding the dark truth behind his wife's intentions. Labanar remains ever stalwart a symbol of hope and sincerity, not only for others but for himself. As a man who believes that to give in to darkness once more would mean to cease to exist as he is, Labanar strives ever harder to become a light for the lost, and a rock for the sinking.

Classes: Iron Knight & Samurai

Class Skills -
active/BATTLE STANCE - Iron Knight
passive/EQUIP ALL - Iron Knight
demonfactor/ARCHIVE SPACE [EX+] - Iron Knight
active/LIFE TRANSFER [A+] - Samurai
passive/LIGHTNING STRIKE [C-] - Samurai
demonfactor/THE ART OF WAR [EX+] - Samurai

Personal Skills -
active/TIT FOR TAT [C+] (3) - Iron Knight

- By exerting extreme focus, Labanar can see through any armor or barrier raised by an enemy and with a single strike of his blade, take that enemy down to near-death. Can be used once a day, and only when Labanar himself is near death.

active/BOUND [A-] (7) - Iron Knight

- A massive leap or jump in any direction that occurs in the matter of four to five seconds at maximum. Can jump roughly 60 feet into the sky, or 200 feet in radius from a standing start. The ability can be used up to eight times a day, but with five minute intervals due to the stress induced on the legs.

passive/AMBIDEXTROUS [A] (8) - Iron Knight

- Years of painstaking training and dire life and death situations have saw to it that Labanar is capable of wielding weapons in either hand, and at times one in each with little or no drop in power or skill.

demonfactor/BECOMING THE LEGEND [EX+] - Iron Knight

- Within the Archive Space, there exist a great many weapons and armours once belonging to heroes of legendary status. However, finding these weapons for oneself can at times be an arduous and dangerous task without the permitting time. With BTL active however, these heroic weapons are drawn towards Labanar, allowing him to more easily take hold of their power with the drawback of losing control over his own self to the chosen weapon's memories of its previous hero. This abilitiy has a similar time limit to Archive Space due to its relation with the complementing ability. May only be used once daily.

active/BUSHIDO [C+] - (3)Samurai

- Killing is not always the answer in war or politics. At times, simply destroying the weapon of your opponent or dismantling their wardrobe is enough to settle the score for another day. By using Bushido, Labanar will focus intently on destroying only a certain part of the opponent's equipment whether it's their weapon or armor, this technique focuses on slowly ridding your opponents of options save for retreat.

passive/KANJŌ ARTS [B-] (4)- Samurai

- Emotions can be a warriors greatest weakness, or a veritable strength. Due to the deep connection that Labanar has created with his armaments, these emotions can come pouring out at any given time causing a number of different effects depending on the emotion in question and its intensity. Effects mostly range within the effects of granting or negating primary and secondary cast (low-mid tier) upon weapon or armor.

Roleplay Sample: Balfonheim

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • CET
  • Seen Oct 7, 2021
err, hi! i am certainly still interested in joining this RP too, but i am currently on a trip, and will be without a computer for around 10 more days. i have a concept for a Viera Sniper, but i'm currently typing on a phone and i don't have a lot of time to write each day either... i will try to get something remotely acceptable up soon, but otherwise i understand if you can't wait that long. of course if spots fill up before then i'll be out of luck regardless, haha. godspeed to both of us!

Years
Hey, I'm back!

I just wanted to reserve a spot if that's okay! Either today or tomorrow I'll write up my character but for a little preview I'll let you know what's cooking in the ole' nog.

Look forward to a Bangaa Solar Monk/Silencer who jumps around the battlefield from mage to mage, stopping magical users before they get out of control!

Parivir

Years

A nice twist on the gentle giant trope. Say hi to our first demon knight, y'all: Labanar is accepted.

(Regarding Bound, don't worry too much about it haha, you don't have to strictly adhere to canon in this RP or anything. Small question though: the skill doesn't necessarily have to be used in a combat setting, yeah? Scaling walls and hills and stuff with it is possible?)

err, hi! i am certainly still interested in joining this RP too, but i am currently on a trip, and will be without a computer for around 10 more days. i have a concept for a Viera Sniper, but i'm currently typing on a phone and i don't have a lot of time to write each day either... i will try to get something remotely acceptable up soon, but otherwise i understand if you can't wait that long. of course if spots fill up before then i'll be out of luck regardless, haha. godspeed to both of us!

Hey there, Noraxia; I'm in no particular rush to start, so if 10 days are the amount that people require to fill out their SUs I'm perfectly fine with that. Unfortunately though I won't be doing reservations on this RP, so if others beat you to the punch there's not really anything I can do about that haha. If at the end of your 10 days (or if you can scrounge up enough time to write within that timeframe) a spot remains open, then please be my guest. Safe travels!

Hey, I'm back!

I just wanted to reserve a spot if that's okay! Either today or tomorrow I'll write up my character but for a little preview I'll let you know what's cooking in the ole' nog.

Look forward to a Bangaa Solar Monk/Silencer who jumps around the battlefield from mage to mage, stopping magical users before they get out of control!

Welcome back! Sorry to say I won't be doing reservations in the RP, but with six slots still open, it appears to me that if you intend to post your SU by tomorrow then you're very much in the clear heh. Looking forward to it!

(Quick note though: as the Silencer's power comes from their garments, it might do to have your Solar Monk wear a Silencer Sash or Silencer Armguard or something trivial like that just to remain role-relevant, haha.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Regarding Bound, don't worry too much about it haha, you don't have to strictly adhere to canon in this RP or anything. Small question though: the skill doesn't necessarily have to be used in a combat setting, yeah? Scaling walls and hills and stuff with it is possible?

More than likely yeah since it's really just a more energetic jump lol. Infiltrating fortresses will be a breeze. Just leap over the walls lol.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 14, 2017
More than likely yeah since it's really just a more energetic jump lol. Infiltrating fortresses will be a breeze. Just leap over the walls lol.

Something to keep the shinobi jealous: leap over the obstacles instead of climbing them.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
Reserve me please!

I didn't realise this was Final Fantasy, it's not obvious apart from some of the Abbreviations.
How old are the heirs?

I'm not au fait with FF. I've seen Advent Children and Phantom Within.

Last edited:

Parivir

Years
Reserve me please!

I didn't realise this was Final Fantasy, it's not obvious apart from some of the Abbreviations.
How old are the heirs?

I'm not au fait with FF. I've seen Advent Children and Phantom Within.

Hey there Estrello; I won't be doing reservations, unfortunately, but given that five spots remain I wouldn't worry too much about it haha. Just get something in when you're ready.

FF being the monstrously huge franchise that it is, I can't say I'm surprised. The lore from this game only draws from two particular titles, and they have little in common with FF7 beyond some recurring races maybe; Phantom Within, I'm not familiar with. The heirs (that is, Ritz's heirs) are both 17 (they're twins). More info on them and other side-characters will be gradually revealed as the RP goes on (though if you're that interested, you can find Auber and Gina under the spoiler tag in this post.)

Hope to see an SU from you soon! Until then.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
Oh man, do I REALLY want to join this RP so much. I don't think I'm even worthy to join this!
A bit of a small question...by minor alterations on the class costume, does that include color alterations? Like, for example, a Commander whose attire is red instead of blue. But that would be a major change, right?

Oh, and I'm actually going to be making the picture for my character, in case you're wondering. I'm sorry if it sucks or something...I have drawn Moogles before, but i have never bother to try drawing Ivalice Moogles.

Parivir

Years
Oh man, do I REALLY want to join this RP so much. I don't think I'm even worthy to join this!
A bit of a small question...by minor alterations on the class costume, does that include color alterations? Like, for example, a Commander whose attire is red instead of blue. But that would be a major change, right?

Oh, and I'm actually going to be making the picture for my character, in case you're wondering. I'm sorry if it sucks or something...I have drawn Moogles before, but i have never bother to try drawing Ivalice Moogles.

Wow, that's some dedication haha. By attire changes I mean like don't give your Savage a full suit of armor or make your Duelist wear robes; color shifts are A-OK in my book.

I will admit that I'm selfishly looking for higher-quality SUs and posts here because this baby was in the oven for half a year, but honestly looking at your work in Persona: Devil's Game, I don't think you have much to worry about (yes I stalk other RPs in my spare time why are you moving away from me)

...ahem. Here's hoping things work out for both of us! Cheers.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Fun times, seeing what's popping up here

Figured I'd announce that I've been working on a Bangaa Battlemage/Devout (Bangaa was my backup after Hume, and after seeing two SUs for Humes I switched to it, and in hindsight it should have been my first choice anyways lmao). Glad to see there's no crossover with the other Bangaa WIP as well.

Unfortunately I'm not as far along as I'd like, since I didn't have internet over the weekend and, knowing nothing about the Bangaa as a race (or the exact details of the games this is based on (familiar with them, but not precisely)), I wasn't able to write it all out to my satisfaction haha. It's also been ages since I've written a proper SU.

For now, though, I'd like to present what I came up with as far as skills/equipment, to see if they should be toned down/altered for the time being or not.

Spoiler:

Back