• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poke Island (SE)

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2013
This looks absolutely gorgeous. If it ever becomes playable, you HAVE to let me know.

Well, keep an eye on this thread then. I'm sure that with his determination (and perhaps some help from the rest of us :P) this game will definitely make it to completion. Might take a while though.

Kine

Whatev
Years
Well, there's no doubts about that. For more than a week now, I've had to take care of some projects (school/intern) outside of this. Although I managed to find some time to quickly create a sprite for Glooms male and female. I may have also finished Ivysaur and am still in process with Venusaur, who is bigger and has more frames per walk cycle.

I oughta do another species count, just to see how many are completed (not an NPC count, that's going to end up in higher numbers regardless).

My plan now is to just get all 157 done, then go back and make the specific edits for gender/occupation/region/age/enemy. I don't mind making at least the base for some edits, such as the Gloom I mentioned above.

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2013
I too have been really busy, but soon I should be free enough to do more work on the base of the game. I'll keep you updated as things pan out.

Kine

Whatev
Years
This coming week is Thanksgiving week for me. This is good in that I only have two final classes and not a whole lot else. Once the work is done for these (and it isn't a whole lot), I have the rest of this week to get work hard again. Well, that plus I wanna get the next section of my AU-Charlotte comic up provided I draw fast enough. I don't even remember the month I uploaded the first part in anymore.

On a slightly good note, I finished Venusaur yesterday. And this included having to trash the first set of walking south sprites. I'm so glad he's done. I'm backing up my files again, I'm not doing Venusaur over.

Waugh... and to think Rhyhorn is more of the same. Oh well. Thank God it's first generation when the designs were still reasonable. I could be drawing the 4th Gen legendaries *shudder*.

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2013
Just a small update: Today I have tons of chores and stuff to catch up on, tomorrow I have work for most of the day, and so Monday is basically the earliest chance I'll get to work on the game. More info then!

Edit: Scratch that... now work wants me on Monday. *sigh* There goes my ninjukai practice...

Last edited:

Kine

Whatev
Years
Nothing got done over Thanksgiving, the comic too much much longer than I thought. Seeing as it hasn't been updated in 6 months I figured I might as well at least get that out the way. Of course, other spriters have still been working. As long as something gets done somewhere.

I've also got about 4 prospective musicians, but nothing from any yet. I'm still awaiting at least ONE song.

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2013
Gee, Charlotte sure seems to be getting a lot more emotive lately...

Anyway, I couldn't resist reading that comic after you said you'd posted it, so thanks for making me waste 30 mins of my precious time laughing D:<

Anyway, I'm kind of toying with the idea of going crazy gung-ho and finishing off a 3 (almost 4 now) year long project of mine before Christmas or February in the least. Would that be a problem, considering I'd have to pull out of coding PISE for a bit? Well actually, I could probably keep up with anything you wanted, it's just that most of my energy would be elsewhere so progress would be slow...

Kine

Whatev
Years
Perp- The funny thing is that she was just as expressive in the older version, as well. Pretty much all the facial exaggerations are keep intact.

That probably has a lot to do with my shift towards making her cuter/baby-like during that time.

Anyway, sure, go ahead. It's your project, and I'm sure you wanted to see it through. I know I would want something of mine done first before I helped extensively with another ("extensively" being the operative word. I could probably do easy stuff no problem if time allowed). The way I see it, just give me some news I can use for the winter qtr update on CW, no matter what it is, so that I have an idea what to write about (beyond "more sprites" for the umpteenth time).

Trace- Thanks! And no worries, there will be no quitting. The only thing that could really stop me is either something devastating (like family death...or mine God forbid) or if I felt like raising a family (along with working a full time job), which right now I don't. Not old enough for that, yet. Otherwise, I've got a lot of potential methods I could use to get this thing finished no matter what. Plus, I love this series, and I'm pretty confident it'll be an interesting, hopefully high quality game.

That high quality will most likely come from the coding side, which I can get more guys for, but it'll probably cost some money, so I'm keeping that on the backburner for the moment to see what we can do first. I'll pull out the big guns for the heavy duty stuff that's beyond what we can do (provided I can't find any free help first).

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2013
Well, I'll still try and keep up with the work for you anyway. Would you mind refreshing me on what you want? I'm a little hazy on the details and so it's hard to do anything since I don't know if I'll have to undo it later or not.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Only 8 pages and a 3 star rating?! What's WRONG with this community?! (Although ratings don't matter too much...)
And it's been a year! Aiaiai...

The fact alone that you're able to successfully put Pokémon and Mother into one game with the flow that you have is a feat alone.
But this game is looking brilliant.
Don't mind the community going after the fact that Pokémon are in it versus Mother things. Since this IS a Pokémon forum and all. :P

But yeah. Don't quit on this~

Somehow people just prefer watching only hacks don't games :S

Kine

Whatev
Years
^ It would appear that way, but then again this game wouldn't be too dissimilar to any MOTHER game.

Any statements I'd make from here would be subjective, so I'll hold them.

Perp, last I remember it was getting sprites to switch, and/or a menu, which was right before you started playing M2 & 3. What I can't remember is what menu interface we decided on. I think it was 3's menu and 2's everything else. I'm sure it's on page 7 somewhere.

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2013
Alright well for the menu I need graphics, and the sprite changey thing is already done... I think. Maybe I'll code some more basic systems. Either way, I'll get onto that tomorrow. For today, I must work on other stuff...

Kine

Whatev
Years
Alright. Well, seeing as I have no menu icons, I'll have to draw that up, as well as look at M3 again. Shouldn't take me long to draw, afterall, it took me no more than 30 minutes I'm sure to make status icons.

I may also finally have a song, too. It mad me sad, which is what I totally didn't expect or ask for, but I think works in the context. It's being worked on, so I'll probably have the finished ver. soon. Then that'll be one of... 19 needed?

Oh, and my musician count is up to 5 now. =P

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2013
Wow, you seem to have a small army growing all of a sudden! Of course, I'm still all alone in the coding department...

Kine

Whatev
Years
Which is pretty unfortunate, especially considering coders are hard to find on a lot of principles. Mainly in that most always say "they don't want to do the work for you", which makes sense, but then if you do the work yourself it's "inefficent and not good enough".

Or something, it's like you can't win, at least in my experience it's been that way (like for actionscript). Then again, there's people in India that have no problems doing it, so... meh. No wonder jobs get outsourced. =\ At any rate, I'll see if I can find someone else who's into Javascript (for free).

Oh, check your email.

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2013
Oh, check your email.

Yeah, I got that. I'm a bit behind with my work lately thanks to a host of minor things popping up, such as the need to do Christmas shopping and get my car fixed. When I get a moment though, I'll do some more research into how to actually make these menus then see if I can't put one together. It's a slow process having to learn everything before I do it, but at the moment it's all we've got.

Admittedly, I'm actually a pretty good coder when I get into it, I'm just stricken with a case of eternal laziness whenever it involves a convoluted process to do simple things. I'm getting better at it though!

Also, people in India have nothing better to do than code, which is why they get so good at it =P

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I'm really, excited about this game, I can't wait to download and play this game, from the screenshots it looks like it's going to be a great game, I support this over 200% fully, as a matter of fact I'd like to help, but you probabbly already have all the help you need by now, but there isn't much I could do anyway, expect look around on the web for sprites already made, I don't know anything about making a game

Kine

Whatev
Years
Thanks for your support. I can't really get too much help for this game, there's never been a such thing, though. While true, too many cooks can spoil a broth, it's following one rather strict (but mildly flexible) recipe, and most of the cooks don't ever show up, if bring anything more than water or salt.

Hopefully, that analogy is pretty clear on how it's been for the development so far (and keep in mind I said most cooks, not all, eheh). Nevertheless, don't be afraid that they're might be too many people, in that most of the time, people make games by themselves.

If this was a Kirby game, I could probably do it all myself, but Pokemon is a whole other thing, because there's far too many of the creatures for starters, and I'm just talking the first generation! 151 never looked bigger... x_x

If anything was needed, people who can code with Javascript (mostly, I don't want to work Perpetr8r to death) and anyone who can do good pixel art. That's pretty much it right now.

Back