• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tea_with_Kyary

Kabocha Hime
Years
sigh...im having loads of troubles trying to trade directly in the WFC room. everything else works fine, GTS and all that...but i keep getting error code 86420, that or it says, "so and so" failed to respond...
I dont know where to post my questions to get some help here :<<
So please tell me where to start, ok?

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
For future reference, something like this fits better in the Trade Corner or even Technology and the Internet sometimes.

In any case, are you using a 3DS? Some 3DS users have a strange glitch due to the router or ISP they have where they cannot trade with anyone that is on a different security setting (WEP, WPA, WPA2). Perhaps that is your problem?

Tea_with_Kyary

Kabocha Hime
Years
ah! yes, i do have a 3DS! that would make sense...cuz i HAVE traded just fine with certain people, others is a no go.
Hmm, i will look more into this in the forums you suggested.
I only posted it here cuz i didnt know where to. and the thread rules (i think) said this was a "re-direction" thread, in case you didnt know where to post something.

Anyway...thanks so much! arrr! now to tackle this stupid problem!

stephastated

dumb twerp
Years
1. where are the "claim a _______" threads at???
2. i just registered on the oekaki and i'm waiting on an email to activate my account...how long does this usually take???

thanks = w =

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
There's a Pokemon Claim Thread located in Pokemon General. A Bishie Claim thread is in General Entertainment.

As for the Oekaki, I'm not sure who takes care of the registration there (especially since it hasn't been used in nearly two years). If worst comes to worst, you can always ask Rukario, as he's the staff member concerned with the Oekaki and registration.

stephastated

dumb twerp
Years
oh dang i guess i can't claim pokemon yet anyway.....

also yeah if i don't get an email soon i will be sure to contact him :3 thank you very much~

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
"Newly Liked Posts"

Where on the control panel is this?

Cyclone

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
There are a few older styles it won't show up on quite yet, though (might just be vBulletin Default that it won't show up on).
Is Black 2 one of the "older" styles? :P Finally found it in Altomare's Light, but I prefer the Black 2 theme. :D <-- (Hey, there's no grin?)

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Well, I decided to ask this here since I want a quick answer.

So why won't mods clean up Pokecommunity? You know like delete thread that only had replies which only contains something like "This isn't the right place... Stop reviving old threads..." and something like that. I thought it would make the database run faster because these last few weeks I always get server is too busy or something. Do you get my point? Please inform me when you don't.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Well first of all, this idea would only work if we had deleted all threads like this from the beginning, we aren't going to go back and find every single thread that is like this. That would take too long unless Audy had some miracle tool to help out. In addition, I'd assume that the server has been overloaded the past few weeks due to high amounts of guests coming in at the same time, not because the threads that are near empty.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Well first of all, this idea would only work if we had deleted all threads like this from the beginning, we aren't going to go back and find every single thread that is like this. That would take too long unless Audy had some miracle tool to help out. In addition, I'd assume that the server has been overloaded the past few weeks due to high amounts of guests coming in at the same time, not because the threads that are near empty.
Well, can I just find them for you and link them to you whichever one I might find. It's just a little bit annoying when you have this one great question in mind and googled it and the first result was on Pokecommunity but all replies says that "This is on the wrong section, lock... This is so month old, lock... Blah-blah". But seriously now, can I do that for you?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
That won't speed up the database. They'd be soft-deleted, which means you can't see them but they're still stored on the server.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
That won't speed up the database. They'd be soft-deleted, which means you can't see them but they're still stored on the server.

Well, at least we won't see them on the very long list of threads in each section, which would speed up browsing for what your looking for.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think part of the reason they're left there is so the person who broke the rule can see it - when posts are deleted, you can see that they're deleted, but if we delete a thread because someone bumped it then the person that bumped it can't see that they broke a rule and most of the time we don't want to warn/infract for something so small. It's really up to the mod of the section - I'm not comfortable with having dozens of deleted threads in my section just because someone thinks it doesn't look clean enough. I don't want to delete things unless there's a very good reason to do so. So if you wanted to "clean up" a section, you'd have to ask the mod of that individual section if it's something they're willing to do - mods can't delete threads outside of their own section, and higher staff generally leave the upkeep of the sections to their respective moderators.

tl;dr: it's up the mod's discretion as to why they won't, if you want threads deleted ask them personally. :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I think part of the reason they're left there is so the person who broke the rule can see it - when posts are deleted, you can see that they're deleted, but if we delete a thread because someone bumped it then the person that bumped it can't see that they broke a rule and most of the time we don't want to warn/infract for something so small. It's really up to the mod of the section - I'm not comfortable with having dozens of deleted threads in my section just because someone thinks it doesn't look clean enough. I don't want to delete things unless there's a very good reason to do so. So if you wanted to "clean up" a section, you'd have to ask the mod of that individual section if it's something they're willing to do - mods can't delete threads outside of their own section, and higher staff generally leave the upkeep of the sections to their respective moderators.

tl;dr: it's up the mod's discretion as to why they won't, if you want threads deleted ask them personally. :)

Hmmm... Okay. So let's just leave it there. Bye.

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Hello

I'm new to Pokemon games series, I haven't played any game of the series
and these games sound nice, Can anyone here help me with which one of them should i begin with! (I only have a 3ds)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back