• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The ones about BST haven't been done, to my knowledge. The Unown Challenge has been done by mondays suck, however there hasn't been an actual thread for it.

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
Wouldn't that Unown challenge just be a really masochistic Solo Challenge?

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2016
Here's an idea: how about a challenge where you can only use pokemon that haven't been used by Gym Leaders (including Rematches) in all the main games (from Gen 1-4)? (For example even if Surge doesn't have an Electabuzz in R/B/Y/FR/LG you can't use it because he has one in the Johto games. Plus Wattson uses one in his Emerald rematch)

Pretty much the opposite of a Gym Leader Pokemon challenge and forces you to use Pokemon that don't have much, I suppose 'screentime' because it hasn't been used by a Gym Leader

Obviously it would be easier to form a team in later game with more pokemon but it can still be done in the Kanto games.

I could make a list when I have more time to show how viable it can be

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Ask monday sucks; he's the one that did it. I watched his Elite Four videos, and he fared pretty well.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Thank you. I needed a new team. The old ones weren't gonna cut it in eastern Isshu. And Sazandora is a destructive beast.

Spoiler:

So it's been a while since I've worked on any CHALLENGES. I would also like to point out that some guy came up to the top floor of the library and is just sleeping. Like...idek.
Spoiler:

^Black and White Spoiler above^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I could never do a Nuzlocke on any Pokemon game. The only one I'd have any luck with it in is RSE, since I know those games like the back of my hand. But I don't like losing good team members. >_> It makes me too sad, cause I mean, I give the best nicknames. -hair flip-

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
This is an idea of a challenge I've thought of since quite a while so I guess that's the best place to write it down, isn't it?^^

The celebrity challenge!

-You can choose every kind of celebrity you want (manga/comic/anime/etc. heroes (some Pokemon like wigglytuff are allowed as celebrities because Wigglytuff, for example, has its own guild so your team would be in that case, the guild) and think what kind of Pokemon they'd use!^^ Real Life celebrities are also allowed, of course!^^
-Every celebrity that has a team will be in the start post with his/her/its team!^^

That's the basic idea behind it!^^ How does it sound to you?

Performancev2

Beginning Challenger
Years
  • Age 28
  • Ohio
  • Seen Aug 16, 2016
I have somewhat of an idea for a challenge, which I would say could be considered as an "NPC Challenge", which derives from the Pokemon Anime.

There are many challengers in the anime, and each can be viewed on encyclopedias, but I have also made somewhat of a list.
Of course, there are some gym leaders in the anime that are main characters, which are in this list as well.

/edit/: Just noticed that this is already a challenge, but am going to continue the list for the topic.

First Gen:
Spoiler:

I'm going to need lots of help with characters of the anime as well as some help with their pokemon.
Bulbapedia is helping me a /load/ with finding some, but I need some help before I would like to get the topic started.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
As with the guy before me, apologies if this has been suggested already. But how about this idea: a challenge where you can only use Pokemon with BST of over, say, 520 or 530, but you can only use HM moves (obviously the rule doesn't apply until you get Cut).

Alternatively, for a bit more difficulty, you can only use Pokemon with BST of 500+, but you can only use moves with a power of 50 or less (and no Technician)?

Last but not least, for the most difficult variant, how about you can use any Pokemon (including those with less than 500 BST) but only moves with 50 power or less?

It could be called the "Arms Tied Behind Your Back" Challenge or something like that... Also, for added extra difficulty, you could tie in the rule that you can't use any STAB moves onto any of those variants.

I don't know if anyone else is interested in doing this sort of Challenge, but if you are then please feel free to start the thread yourself. I only suggested the idea because I thought it'd be a good Challenge, I don't actually want to do it myself, so I don't think I'd be allowed to run the thread...

Years
Why is there only a gym leader challenge for G/S/C and for no other generations? Because the idea is pretty cool but theres no thread for other generations.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Because no one made one for other generations. Simple as that. There doesn't need to be an official challenge thread for the gym leader challenge since it's not as popular/common as monotypes and such. But that doesn't mean that one should be made for every generation.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I'm finally out of the test loop. I'm hoping to get on with my FR:O Nuzlocke and I just started my Box Clearance. Looking for some other challenges to get back to.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I haven't picked up and played anything in a while. I kinda miss playing my 360 to be honest. :x Might do a little more console gaming for the next few weeks. As if I wasn't behind on my challenges already.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
I haven't picked up and played anything in a while. I kinda miss playing my 360 to be honest. :x Might do a little more console gaming for the next few weeks. As if I wasn't behind on my challenges already.

OK for you to say... The Nov 1st Dashboard update bricked my 360, and I'm trying to get Microsoft to fix it for free while the whole time they deny there's an issue. Despite the fact that my Xbox worked without a hitch for 3 years before the update, and then on the day of the update... BAM. Dead.

I miss playing my Xbox too...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I know how you feel mate....mine died twice two years ago. With each one I got an extended 1 year warranty! 19 months later, it broke down again (before summer this year). Did they fix it for free? Nope. Stupid call centre woman made me mess around with it so much I got all 4 red rings of death flashing alternately before it literally switched itself on.....

I miss Assassin's Creed II.....

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
The only console I ever owned was a Wii. Which I still do.
I lived with a PC in my home ever since I was... 3 years old. That's when I started playing, more exactly.
ACE IS THAT YOU. I wouldn't suffer someone stealing Karpman. :x

Years
The only console I ever owned was a Wii. Which I still do.
I lived with a PC in my home ever since I was... 3 years old. That's when I started playing, more exactly.
ACE IS THAT YOU. I wouldn't suffer someone stealing Karpman. :x

I am no longer reffered to as 'Ace', Mr. Sexy Rayquazza.
I am Karpman!
So any new challenge ideas? If I can find my DS cord I'll start playing survival on HGSS again.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
OK, Mr. Steak Sexy Karpman. And when I'm not lazy, I'll improve Sexy Lazer Ray'

What challenge do you think should I do on SS ? After 3 poor Nuzlocke attempts in which I only caught Hoothoots, I want something to do.
You guys pick for me from :
-Random Pokemon Challenge
-Those that got away
-A monotype you want
-Nuzlocke lol kidding, Underleveled.

Anyone ? <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back