• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Life Orb Challenge

tharding6

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
I have always believed it to easy in pokemon games to acquire an elite team. I have always thought it was very unrealistic that at the end, a player would always have 6 fully evolved, high leveled pokemon. When we look at Ash in his journey, several of his pokemon never evolve, but are still strong in their own right. So I bring to you:

The Life Orb Challenge:
This challenge will work to limit the amount of pokemon a trainer can catch, and evolve during their journey. A Trainer will have to strategize in order to keep their team strong progressing through.

The Rules:
1. No Cheating - You are doing this challenge for just that, a challenge. Don't ruin it by cheating
2. No Hacking/Trading - Just use your run of the mill pokemon game
3. You may use emulators and speed up functions - I know I sure do

Rules that set it apart:
1. You may only use pokeballs that you find or are gifted to you (no buying from pokemart)
2. You may only evolve a pokemon by dropping a nugget, pearl, or big pearl, this means you may not sell that nugget - nuggets received through pick up DO NOT count
3. You may only catch a pokemon the first time you see it in the wild. This only applies to the pokemon itself, and not it's evolved forms. For Example:
Spoiler:

4. You may only use the Safari Zone twice - make sure you know where Surf and Gold Teeth are.
5. When you catch a new pokemon to be on your team, they must be within 10 levels of your top Pokemon before you can progress in the game - this 10 levels must be maintained at ALL times. (For parody among pokemon)
6. No HM slaves
7. You must have 6 pokemon when you challenge the elite 4

When giving updates they should be constructed as I have constructed mine below (attached) . They dont have to be fancy, but should keep a record of all Pokemon received, Pokeballs used and received, Nuggets etc, used and received and tell of the team you used to beat gym leaders. (A brief story doesn't hurt)

Spoiler:

Challengers
Spoiler:

Champions
Spoiler:

Attachments

• life orb challenge chapter 1.jpg
    life orb challenge chapter 1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Years
Okay, Sounds Good, I'll do it.
Name: Clemstar
Game: FireRed

I know i'm double Posting, but i'm not doing this challenge anymore. Okay Thankyou :)

Last edited:

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
Name: Pokepokemo
Game: Emerald

Mind if the post's aren't like that? I don't really like arranging stuff like that and would probably end up in a mess.
So can I put it in text instead?

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2013
Sounds like fun. I'll join, and can I also put my updates in text?

Name:Togetic997
Game:Emerald

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2018
I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I'll ask anyway, where do Apricorn made Pokeballs in HeartGold/SoulSilver fit in this challenge?

Also, you disallow nuggets found by pickup. Should we disallow PokeBalls found by Pickup as well?

tharding6

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
Hey sorry it took so long. But no it is not a big deal how you update. Just include the areas mentioned.

We will say 3 Apricorn Pokeballs will be allowed, due to the amount of time. Also, Pokeballs found using Pick up are also disallowed.

Back