• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: Fat Kid [Beta 1.2.4 (21JUL18)]

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
So, uh, I made a little rock smash script for fun. Obviously fat kid isn't in your party, and of course it's gonna ask if you want to use it, and of course it's gonna check if you have a flag.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qab3xl9elk4xkww/Fat Kid Cry.AVI?dl=0 (watch with audio ^__^)

I can't help but feel a piece of technology would be more applicable for HM use - especially in this case. It's been stated before that technology is the focus, so avoiding the ~fat joke~ here and giving him something to reflect his personality might work better.

I really like your inclusion of previous incarnations of this character in your prologue - at first I was confused if they were screenshots or not, which I think is proof that you've done well! XD Your tileset also looks pretty nice, although the mountain-to-water tiles shown in the gif look like they might need editing? They look a bit muddy at the bottom. Idk.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I can't help but feel a piece of technology would be more applicable for HM use - especially in this case. It's been stated before that technology is the focus, so avoiding the ~fat joke~ here and giving him something to reflect his personality might work better.

I really like your inclusion of previous incarnations of this character in your prologue - at first I was confused if they were screenshots or not, which I think is proof that you've done well! XD Your tileset also looks pretty nice, although the mountain-to-water tiles shown in the gif look like they might need editing? They look a bit muddy at the bottom. Idk.

That script was just made in a test rom, and yeah, for most HMs there is gonna be technology. For Rock smash, fat kid will jump on the rock, perhaps cause a mini earthquake, then the scream :)

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years

Well for Cut, we were gonna give him garden shears. For Flash, a lantern. For rock smash he'll use his strength in weight and just belly flop on it (he's both fat and in love with technology so we are pulling from both), surf he's gonna float and swim everywhere (fat people naturally float easier) and we'll probably get rid of dive and waterfall. also for surf he'll temporarily be able to use a boat

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
Years
Well for Cut, we were gonna give him garden shears. For Flash, a lantern. For rock smash he'll use his strength in weight and just belly flop on it (he's both fat and in love with technology so we are pulling from both), surf he's gonna float and swim everywhere (fat people naturally float easier) and we'll probably get rid of dive and waterfall. also for surf he'll temporarily be able to use a boat
I love your logic, but I think that dive would be scuba gear, or a submarine.

Le pug

Years
I love your logic, but I think that dive would be scuba gear, or a submarine.

yeah i guess scuba gear wouldnt be bad or too hard to do.. the submarine i dont see as an option. the OW would be too big for it.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Just finished this up for the hack:

dobhj4.jpg

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024

Make waterfalls one-way only with a cool sound effect!

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
Lol this would be perfect daniilS. How would he go down the waterfall? Like a barrel roll or like sliding down?

Idk, just gimme some sprites and a sound :p

Le pug

Years
If so, will he have to gain it all again, for a possible sequel?

Don't think so, still have to talk this one over with everyone on the chat but as for endings go, we have it planned where fat kid finally catches The lickatung that took the last donut and right before he eats it, fat kid's munchlax steals and eats it and you see fat kid chasing munchlax off into the horizon...

Fin

Gumminosus

Team Umbra Leader
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 26, 2015
This is just absolutely one of the most beautiful things I'v ever seen. I can't wait for this.

Le pug

Years
This is just absolutely one of the most beautiful things I'v ever seen. I can't wait for this.

Fat Kid is temporarily on hold until Discovery's first beta is released then I'll start devoting some time to this and so will the others

Le pug

Years
Hello everyone! It's been awhile since news has been brought to light about Fat Kid. Well with the release of the Discovery beta, know that I will be personally devoting time to work on Fat Kid. Gotta show both hacks I support some love! Expect some new screenshots and updates in the coming of days and also remember: It's a community hack! That's the best part! Contribute your jokes, your ideas, your sprites, your music, whatever you want. Join us on our IRC chat by clicking here and discuss it all. Fat Kid is someone we've all come to know and love as we've grown up with him in our Pokemon games. So everyone can share the love and help make the hack greater and funnier. Thanks in advance for all support, the team looks forward to presenting a hilarious, fun, and interactive "spin-off" of Fat Kid.

Back