• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
Sounds interesting, can you provide a screenshot of both the map in Advance Map and actually in the game please? Not because you provided inadequate info, but to see what you mean by "disappear"

k, after doing a little more research into this, i found that all the blocks in this tileset, aside from the new one i imported, dissappear. they turn a solid block the last color in the palette, as you can see in the comparison of the ocean here

old rom:

new rom:

i opened the rom back up in tile molester, and none of the animation tiles are messed up there, nor in advance map

heres the map of the area i was working on

(no, that cabin is not for public use, so dont ask, people)
ik theres some block errors in places, i wasnt done with the map yet when i took this pic.

and heres a couple screencaps of me in game in this area

i backed up my rom (thank GOD!!!) before i started messing with the animations, so i can revert back if i have to, but yeah, any help with this problem would be appreciated

p.s. for the new animations, i overwrote the fast island water, and the alternate ocean rock. they look really nice in-game, until you see that the waterfall and ocean animations are missing :'(

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
k, after doing a little more research into this, i found that all the blocks in this tileset, aside from the new one i imported, dissappear. they turn a solid block the last color in the palette, as you can see in the comparison of the ocean here

old rom:

new rom:

i opened the rom back up in tile molester, and none of the animation tiles are messed up there, nor in advance map

heres the map of the area i was working on

(no, that cabin is not for public use, so dont ask, people)
ik theres some block errors in places, i wasnt done with the map yet when i took this pic.

and heres a couple screencaps of me in game in this area

i backed up my rom (thank GOD!!!) before i started messing with the animations, so i can revert back if i have to, but yeah, any help with this problem would be appreciated

p.s. for the new animations, i overwrote the fast island water, and the alternate ocean rock. they look really nice in-game, until you see that the waterfall and ocean animations are missing :'(

That is strange. In AnimEditor, check all the old animations. Have they been altered, or is it the same? It could be either accidental removal of the animations (which is possible) or some weird corruption. It looks like it could mean a restart completely, or a backup.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
i cant seem to find a link for animeditor :/
Try WAH (wahackpokemon) on their tool list. I recommend using it, as it can repoint animations as well. How did you add animations before anyway? Oh, TileMolester. Well, that could be why, I suppose, but... Well, try using the Animation Editor I tried to find for you on WAH. It may be better.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
well, i couldnt find the waterfall animation with it (i chalk it up to not knowing the program) but i found other animations that disappear in-game, so idk what the problem is. would it be possible for you to help me (through pm) figure out this program so i can get this to work? (the tutorial on WAH gets butchered by google translate) if not, its okay

edit: thanks for suggesting that program. after tinkering with it for a bit, i figured it out and it worked PERFECTLY! now if only there was a way to keep the waves when youre surfing but get rid of the reflection...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
How do I make a trainerbattle play the gym battle music?
And how do I change the encounter music to the gym leader one?
I am using FireRed by the way

Last edited:
Years
I don't know if this has been asked or not (it probably has), but I want to make it so that you start off with the National Dex in a FireRed hack. What I want to do is make it so that you start the game like you would in FireRed/LeafGreen where you try to leave the first town, but the Pokemon Professor tells you it's dangerous and lets you pick your starter. Then you battle your rival, go to the next town, get a package, bring it back, and you get the Pokedex. But instead of getting the Pokedex, I want the player to start off with the National Pokedex. I know that there's a system to make it so that you can evolve pokemon without the limitations, but that's not what I want. I just want the player to not have to worry about getting all 151 original pokemon (which can be made easy if you take advantage of AdvanceMap but I'd rather put any pokemon I want wherever I want).

Basically, I want to be able to just delete the event where you get the normal Pokedex, and also delete the requirements for getting the National Dex, without deleting the requirements needed for getting the original Pokedex, or in other words, erasing the Pokedex and requirements for National Dex, and replacing the Pokedex with the National Dex. Is there a way to do that with minimum ASM? I don't know how to do ASM...ing? Anyways... So yeah, there's another thing I want to know how to do, but for now I forget ^^; I'll ask that later...

marcc5m

what
Years
Does anyone know Leaf's backsprite offset in tile molester Fr and Lg?

Use NSE. It's better imo and has it bookmarked. Brb getting link.

What is the Unlz-GBA number for the bootscreen raw in an unedited Ruby ROM? It is not the one next to the bootscreen.

Years
Are there any tools for macs?

making a new topic... in the right thread this time!

So yeah, having a mac, I can't exactly use a myriad of the tools available here. I tried to use the mothods described by some people, wine and whatnot, but those havent worked out for me, seeing as a few of the links are woefully not working our out of date and redirect.... I really wanna start a hack, so is there anything that can be done for my situation?

I'd use boot camp, but I can't seem to find any Windows CDs...

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2011
Evolution Problems

Ive never posted in a fourm or anything so i dont know if im doing something wrong so dont judge. Im trying to make a fire red hack with 5th and 4th gen pokemon. And whenever i edit the evolution data or move sets or the name or anything the pokemon doesnt evolve. it just starts as if it was normal and then stops and says "...?". if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know thanks.

Years
Emerald events in Fire Red?

Can we somehow get the Battle Tents/Contests in RSE into Fire Red without needing to do a major hex overhaul? (I mean it as in copy and pasting the text from XSE - and yes, I cannot hack very well)

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Ive never posted in a fourm or anything so i dont know if im doing something wrong so dont judge. Im trying to make a fire red hack with 5th and 4th gen pokemon. And whenever i edit the evolution data or move sets or the name or anything the pokemon doesnt evolve. it just starts as if it was normal and then stops and says "...?". if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know thanks.

Did you insert the 4th/5th Pokemon over ones from Johto or Hoenn, because that's what it is sounding like. FR is set up so that if a Pokemon can evolve in to one from those regions it won't be able to unless you have the National Dex (This is to prevent some of the first 150 Pokemon like Golbat and Chansey from evolving when you haven't finished the Kanto part of FR). To easily get around this you can give the player the National Dex (Special 0x16F) or insert the 4th/5th Gen Pokemon over Kanto Pokemon.

Can we somehow get the Battle Tents/Contests in RSE into Fire Red without needing to do a major hex overhaul? (I mean it as in copy and pasting the text from XSE - and yes, I cannot hack very well)

RSE's special commands are very different from FR's. The only way you would be able to port Contests/ Battle Tents over is to add new specials in FR and use ASM to reconstruct them. Only an experienced hacker would be able to do this, so I'm afraid you're out of luck D:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
making a new topic... in the right thread this time!

So yeah, having a mac, I can't exactly use a myriad of the tools available here. I tried to use the mothods described by some people, wine and whatnot, but those havent worked out for me, seeing as a few of the links are woefully not working our out of date and redirect.... I really wanna start a hack, so is there anything that can be done for my situation?

I'd use boot camp, but I can't seem to find any Windows CDs...
Cannot you somehow emulate Windows interface in Mac?

stocko

Toast Engineer
Years
Running shoes

Hey everyone!
I am currently making a rom hack called Pokemon Purple Storm. I have decided to make the player recieve the Running Shoes earlier on in the game.

How would I script this?

I have tried setting the flag that supposedly gives you the running shoes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Stocko

Edit: Forgot to mention but im hacking Fire Red.

Years
Cannot you somehow emulate Windows interface in Mac?

Yes you can, its called Boot Camp. Google it, I can't post a link yet.
If for what ever reason that failed, there is a host of other Virtual Machine program's out there, but unless you have a good computer, you'd only be able to allocate the very small amount of resources to it needed to run (XP needs AT LEAST 512MB of ram to run, and even then its choppy). If anyone needs help with that cause they are on a MAC, PM me. I am good at VMWare, not Boot Camp but I will try and help.

On to my question: So I am trying to add in more then 3 starter pokemon to choose from. 8 to be exact, and someone pointed me in the right direction. For example XSE has the build script feature but it only has up "Give the trainer a pokemon" not "have the trainer pick a pokemon" and the thread someone pointed me to was just a general scripting tut.

Does anyone know where the multiple choice script went? And can I readily modify that so its pokemon instead of items?

Hey everyone!
I am currently making a rom hack called Pokemon Purple Storm. I have decided to make the player recieve the Running Shoes earlier on in the game.

How would I script this?

I have tried setting the flag that supposedly gives you the running shoes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Stocko

Edit: Forgot to mention but im hacking Fire Red.

I'm no pro, but wouldn't you just need to know the special item number for it and create a give item script? XSE has a feature to make code for you based on specific function's, it might have a give item script. If you need XSE 1.1.1 i can PM you the Link.

Edit: sorry its PKSVUI that has the generator. Here is a give item script. I chose no item because it did not have the running shoes and to give 1 item.
Code:
#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
checkflag 0x250
if 0x1 jump :end
copyvarifnotzero 0x8000 NONE
copyvarifnotzero 0x8001 1
callstd MSG_OBTAIN
setflag 0x250
:end
end

Last edited:

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
Does anyone know how to change battlefield in pokemon ruby?
I wanted switch them with DP battlefields.

Below is the link for the screen of Pokemon Flora Sky:
h**p://img848.imageshack.us/img848/6219/backgrounduu.png
(censored because of 8 posts)
How to change the background and field?

I found in unLZ.gba the picture and saved it. Then I tried to export raw from the next file. I opened it in NTME and I had that:
h**p://img718.imageshack.us/img718/77/beztytuulru.png

How to switch that battlefield with battlefield like in flora sky?
It's very important so please reply

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2022
POKEMONMASTER260 said:
Yes, that offset is right ;) But if you write offsets that way you just add 08 at the start so if you're searching for clear offset, then it's 3C5564
Well, I got 003C5560 as the thing closest to it... (Not to be rude.)
Um, not to be rude, but did you guys not think it was a question? Or are y'all just not answering me?

IceSage

Sage of Ice
Years
Hey, I did some searching and couldn't exactly find what I was looking for. I have a couple of questions. I'm sure they're around Pokecommunity somewhere, but I keep stumbling upon poor guides, or simply can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

1) Editing the "Pokemon" portion of the Title Screen, and the Offset of the area as it pertains to LeafGreen. (I keep finding guides for FireRed, and only guides to change the Charizard out of the title, not the "Pokemon" part.)

2) I'm looking for a more complete version of the LeafGreen INI file for Advance Map. The one I have isn't very advanced, and I have to search for nearly everything that's not included... Which isn't too hard, until I need to modify the START MENU. There's a more complete version for FireRed, but I'm having trouble finding the offset for LeafGreen.

It seems that FireRed is more popular to mess with these days. I kind of need some resources and help for LeafGreen instead.

Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
I'm looking for the ips file of fire red clean. I'm pretty sure it was Jpan who made it, but all I can find is his hacked fire red engine. I'm looking for the ips patch that has ALL the scripts taken out of the game. I can not find it anywhere when I search for it. I feel like I might be crazy, but I swear I've used it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back