• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Glitchland

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
I decided I want to contribute to this forum so I decided I would do this. When I figure out how to post videos the May be crappy but they will be better than a regular explanation. If you find a glitch you want to share please pm me and let me try the it because (a) I want to make sure it's legit (b) if it breaks the game and you fail to mention I want to know so I can tell people. It is required you tell people if the glitch breaks the game I have no power over actual things in this thread but I might ask you not to post here again

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
I will start with the most famous glitch the "old man glitch" or the Missingno glitch. Do not catch him if will screw up your game required items\pokemon: Access to cinnabar island and a Pokemon with fly. Personal suggestion put a rare candy in the sixth spot of your items.
First talk to the old man in viridian city, the one who shows you how to catch pokemon. After finishing his demonstration fly to cinnabar and surf on the right coast. Eventually you will run into missingno. He is water and Bird type and you can ohko him with thunderbolt. Fighting him will not mess up your game. When the battle is over, check your bag. Whatever is in the sixth slot there are 128 of. There is a small sign next to it this is a sprite from somewhere in the game. you can do this infinite time I will warn you if the sixth slot has more than 99 the glitch won't work on it.(I think)

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I will start with the most famous glitch the "old man glitch" or the Missingno glitch. Do not catch him if will screw up your game required items\pokemon: Access to cinnabar island and a Pokemon with fly. Personal suggestion put a rare candy in the sixth spot of your items.
First talk to the old man in viridian city, the one who shows you how to catch pokemon. After finishing his demonstration fly to cinnabar and surf on the right coast. Eventually you will run into missingno. He is water and Bird type and you can ohko him with thunderbolt. Fighting him will not mess up your game. When the battle is over, check your bag. Whatever is in the sixth slot there are 128 of. There is a small sign next to it this is a sprite from somewhere in the game. you can do this infinite time I will warn you if the sixth slot has more than 99 the glitch won't work on it.(I think)

Interesting topic and I?d like to point out that a FAQ is being written by Nah that you can contribute to you if you so desire. I?ve already done so with a better and more stable glitch that works in Red, Blue and Yellow in the Ditto glitch. You utilize this list and you can encounter any Pokemon in the game, including Mythicals, Legendaries and Pokemon not available to your version. This glitch also applies to item duplication wherein you use the Hexdecimal values of 182-184 and assign the item you want to duplicate to the 6th slot(like in the old man glitch). The key to the glitch is a Pokemon?s Special stat and since Ditto copies your Pokemon?s Values(including Special) when transforming, you can force a wild encounter based on the hexidecimal value assigned to it on that list. So if you wanted to encounter Mew for example, simply have Ditto transform into a Pokemon with a Special stat of 21. Steps to it are as follows:

1) Glitch a LDT(Long Distance Trainer. This means opening menu and Flying/Teleorting away as soon as you come into viewing range of Trainer. Best LDT is the one left of Nugget Bridge).
2) Battle and defeat any trainer. Make sure to be at least two spaces away when walking into their line of sight(walking up next to them causes the game to go into a soft lock).
3) Fly to where you encounter Wild Ditto and have it transform into the Pokemon with the Special/Hexidecimal value desired. Run from Ditto once it transforms.
4) Fly back to the Town near the glitched trainer(if you used Nugget Bridge, target destination is Cerulean) and walk towards the area where the glitched trainer resides. If you did it correctly, the menu will open automatically. Close it to cause a wild encounter with the Pokemon you wanted. If you?re doing the item duplication glitch, simply faint the Wild Pokemon.

Repeat as often as desired.

Back