The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development Scripts & Tutorials
Essentials Script Pokemon Birthsigns

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old September 24th, 2015 (3:38 PM). Edited December 13th, 2017 by Lucidious89.

Update 9/24/15 : Birthsign Events
    For this update, I decided to focus on trying to utilize the birthsign mechanic in new ways. The last update made it possible to easily call for a birthsign in an event, and I've built a new stand-alone script to take full advantage of that. This should make creating complicated events utilizing Pokemon Birthsigns fairly simple. This is an add-on, similar to the Birthsigns Journal; so you don't have to install this if you're uninterested.

Features
    • A new "Birthstone" event that can be easily set up by calling on just a few scripts. This event will grant any Pokemon without a birthsign the power of any one of the birthsigns that you choose. You can use this to create alternate methods of attaining a birthsign, particularly for Pokemon who are incapable of being bred.

• A new "Birthpath" event that can be easily set up by calling on just a few scripts. This event blocks access to a hidden path unless the player has a Pokemon with the required birthsign in their party. You can use this to hide secret caves, treasure, or all sorts of things by using birthsigns as keys to open these locked paths.

• New graphics and a new animation that plays whenever a birthsign event is triggered.

• Supports all 24 Birthsigns. Setting BIRTHSIGNS_SET_2 to "true" in the Pokemon Birthsigns script will activate Set 2.

Example Images
    Spoiler:
    Birthstone Event
    Spoiler:

Birthpath Event
    Spoiler:

Setting Up Events
    By default, this script is assuming switches 111-124 are vacant, because default Essentials doesn't use these numbers. If your project has these switch numbers occupied with something else, you'll have to renumber all the switches in this script to suit your needs.

Here is how the script for your events should look like:

• The first control switch (in this case, 111) is assigned to the desired month. By default, switches 111-122 are assigned to each of the 12 months, respectively. So in the example image, January is this event's desired month (which correlates with 'The Apprentice' or 'The Phoenix' signs).

• The second control switch (in this case, 123) is assigned to the desired type of event. By default, switch 123 is assigned to a Birthstone Event, while switch 124 is assigned to a Birthpath Event. This switch will determine which of the two possible events will play out when the event is triggered.

• pbBirthsignEvent is the script that will begin running the event, determined by the two control switches you chose. Once this event is fully completed, Control Self Switch "A" will be automatically turned on in the Event, forcing the Event to jump to Page 2.

• Page 2 of the Event is where things may differ depending on which Birthsign Event you're utilizing. If you're making a Birthstone Event, then you may leave Page 2 of the event blank. If you're using a Birthpath Event, then you may place a door event on Page 2 so that it becomes "unlocked" after completing the event. How to utilize this is up to you. In either scenario, you must check off Page 2's Self Switch "A" to ON.

UPDATE: As of 12/13/17, a third event called "Sign Conversion" can be used with this script. This uses control switch 125, and may be used to convert the birthsigns of your Pokemon to a different sign, depending on the month switch you put in your event.

The main post will be changed to reflect this addition.

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 28th, 2015 (1:35 PM). Edited February 16th, 2016 by Lucidious89.

Minor Update 9/28/15 : PC Modifications
      This is a small change that'll update the Pokemon Storage system so that it will now accommodate Pokemon Birthsigns. You will now be able to see a Pokemon's birthsign token from the PC menu, allowing you to quickly identify a Pokemon with a specific birthsign. This will also update the PC Debug tools to allow you to change a stored Pokemon's birthsign, just as you can with the Party Menu Debug tool.

Attached are some screenshots that shows the new features this update adds.
      Attached Thumbnails
      1.png‎   2.png‎   3.png‎   4.png‎   5.png‎  

Old September 29th, 2015 (10:15 AM). Edited January 7th, 2016 by Lucidious89.

Bug Fix: 'The Assassin'
        The effect of this birthsign is meant to have a 70% chance to encounter wild Pokemon who are asleep. However, the sleeping Pokemon would always wake immediately once encountered, making the effect fairly useless. This should fix this problem so that the wild Pokemon encountered with this effect should now sleep for at least one turn before waking up.

Find this section of code in PokemonBirthsigns, near the bottom, and add in the bolded line:
        Code:
        #================================================================================
          # Birthsign - The Assassin
          #Wild Pokemon have a 70% chance of being asleep when encountered.
          #================================================================================
          if !$Trainer.party[0].isEgg? && 
          ($Trainer.party[0].birthsign==_INTL("'The Assassin'") ||
          (USENEWBIRTHSIGNS && $Trainer.party[0].zodiacflag!=nil && 
          $Trainer.party[0].birthsign==PBBirthsigns::ASSASSIN))
            if genwildpoke.status=0 && rand(100)<70 #Change this number to change the odds.
              genwildpoke.status=1
              genwildpoke.statusCount=2
            end
          end
        And that's it! The effect should work as intended now. I will update the main script with this change.
        Old September 29th, 2015 (10:59 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lucidious89 View Post
          Bug Fix: 'The Assassin'
          The effect of this birthsign is meant to have a 70% chance to encounter wild Pokemon who are asleep. However, the sleeping Pokemon would always wake immediately once encountered, making the effect fairly useless. This should fix this problem so that the wild Pokemon encountered with this effect should now sleep for at least one turn before waking up.

Find this section of code in PokemonBirthsigns, near the bottom, and add in the bolded line:
          Code:
            # Birthsign - The Assassin
            #Wild Pokemon have a 70% chance of being asleep when encountered.
            if !$Trainer.party[0].egg? && 
            ($Trainer.party[0].birthsign==_INTL("'The Assassin'") ||
            (USENEWBIRTHSIGNS && $Trainer.party[0].zodiacflag!=nil && 
            $Trainer.party[0].birthsign==PBBirthsigns::ASSASSIN))
              if genwildpoke.status=0 && rand(100)<70 #Change this number to change the odds.
                genwildpoke.status=1
                genwildpoke.statusCount=2
              end
            end
          And that's it! The effect should work as intended now. I will update the main script with this change.
          Why not do "genwildpoke.statusCount=2+rand(3)"? That way it's not always one turn of sleep.

The black circular "doodles" in the lower right corner of my avatar are actually my username written in Gallifreyan. Yes I'm a Whovian.
          Old September 29th, 2015 (11:15 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Rot8er_ConeX View Post
            Why not do "genwildpoke.statusCount=2+rand(3)"? That way it's not always one turn of sleep.
            I feel like anything more than 1 turn of sleep would be pretty overpowered (if not already). You could definitely make it longer though, if you'd like.
            Old January 7th, 2016 (8:41 AM).

For those interested in using Pokemon Birthsigns with the new release of Essentials v16, some minor script edits are required to avoid compatibility issues.

For every instance of ".egg?" in any of the scripts, you must instead replace it with ".isEgg?"

With that, everything should work. I've got it working, and everything seems to function as intended. Only the Pokemon Birthsigns and Birthsign Event scripts require these edits - the Birthsign Journal seems fine as-is. If anyone encounters any errors or issues with the script in v16 that they didn't encounter in v15, please let me know and I'll see if there's anything else that must be changed. But as far as I can tell, everything works.

For those of you installing Pokemon Birthsigns for the first time into Essentials v16, everything has already been updated for you. You should be able to follow the installation instructions and be good to go.
              Old January 12th, 2016 (10:32 PM).

Several additional changes have been fixed in the PokemonBirthsign script for further compatibility with Essentials v16.

-Fixed an issue with the Debug menu when changing Abilities.
                -Fixed an issue with gaining Exp from battles crashing the game.
                -Restructured the code for 'The Scholar', 'The Fugitive', 'The Aristocrat', 'The Assassin', and 'The Ancestor' Birthsigns. They've all been tested and seem to work without issue now.
                -Changed something minor in the Summary pages that changes the Item text color to reflect v16's changes.
                -Fixed the item jingle name to reflect v16's name so that it properly plays when called in the Birthsign and Birthsign Event scripts.

If anyone encounters any other issues, please let me know.
                Old January 26th, 2016 (6:04 PM). Edited January 26th, 2016 by Pokébook.
                Marene

Sorry for writing on so late but I have an Error

I followed your Installation Guide... But I want to make it different:

Spoiler:

1. The Phoenix
                  2. The Companion
                  3. The Beacon
                  4. The Savage
                  5. The Cleric
                  6. The Martyr
                  7. The Ancestor
                  8. The Gladiator
                  9. The Voyager
                  10. The Thief
                  11. The Glutton
                  12. The Wishmaker

I already copied the printable version and followed your Instructions, the problem now is that I dunno how to make this part of my Script to work properly:

Spoiler:

# Applies the effects of manually assigned Birthsigns.
                  def applyBirthsigns
                  if birthsign==PBBirthsigns::PHOENIX
                  pkmn.hp==0
                  end
                  if birthsign==PBBirthsigns::COMPANION
                  self.happiness=255
                  end
                  if birthsign==PBBirthsigns::SAVAGE
                  self.iv[0]=0
                  self.iv[1]=31
                  self.iv[2]=rand(32)
                  self.iv[3]=31
                  self.iv[4]=31
                  self.iv[5]=rand(32)
                  end
                  if birthsign==PBBirthsigns::MARTYR
                  command==1 # I dunno what to put here, I wanted to put something that make the effects of Martyr.
                  end
                  if birthsign==PBBirthsigns::ANCESTOR
                  self.genderflag=1 # I dunno what to put here, I wanted to put something that make the effects of Ancestor.
                  end
                  if birthsign==PBBirthsigns::GLADIATOR
                  self.ev[0]=0
                  self.ev[1]=100
                  self.ev[2]=0
                  self.ev[3]=0
                  self.ev[4]=100
                  self.ev[5]=0
                  end

I get this Error all the Time:
                  Spoiler:
                  ---------------------------
                  Pokemon Deluxe
                  Script 'PokemonBirthsigns' line 3982: SyntaxError occurred.
                  Aceptar

Now I'd tried to delete all these Scripts: PokemonBirthsigns, The jornal one and the Event one then I saved and Playtest the game and I can't open the Menu when I click on X.
                  Old January 28th, 2016 (8:58 AM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Pokébook View Post
                    Sorry for writing on so late but I have an Error

I followed your Installation Guide... But I want to make it different:

Spoiler:

1. The Phoenix
                    2. The Companion
                    3. The Beacon
                    4. The Savage
                    5. The Cleric
                    6. The Martyr
                    7. The Ancestor
                    8. The Gladiator
                    9. The Voyager
                    10. The Thief
                    11. The Glutton
                    12. The Wishmaker

I already copied the printable version and followed your Instructions, the problem now is that I dunno how to make this part of my Script to work properly:

Spoiler:

# Applies the effects of manually assigned Birthsigns.
                    def applyBirthsigns
                    if birthsign==PBBirthsigns::PHOENIX
                    pkmn.hp==0
                    end
                    self.happiness=255
                    end
                    self.iv[0]=0
                    self.iv[1]=31
                    self.iv[2]=rand(32)
                    self.iv[3]=31
                    self.iv[4]=31
                    self.iv[5]=rand(32)
                    end
                    if birthsign==PBBirthsigns::MARTYR
                    command==1 # I dunno what to put here, I wanted to put something that make the effects of Martyr.
                    end
                    if birthsign==PBBirthsigns::ANCESTOR
                    self.genderflag=1 # I dunno what to put here, I wanted to put something that make the effects of Ancestor.
                    end
                    self.ev[0]=0
                    self.ev[1]=100
                    self.ev[2]=0
                    self.ev[3]=0
                    self.ev[4]=100
                    self.ev[5]=0
                    end

I get this Error all the Time:
                    Spoiler:
                    Pokemon Deluxe
                    Script 'PokemonBirthsigns' line 3982: SyntaxError occurred.
                    Aceptar

Now I'd tried to delete all these Scripts: PokemonBirthsigns, The jornal one and the Event one then I saved and Playtest the game and I can't open the Menu when I click on X.
                    Hmm. Well as far as the changes you want go, there's quite a few things you need to alter in the scripts. I just applied the changes you wanted in a fresh install, and I was able to get it working. Here's what I did:

First of all, copy/paste all of the following code over the appropriate sections in a fresh install of the Birthsigns script. This entire chunk is found near the very top of the script. I wrote #Changed next to every line I tweaked, and bolded for you convenience.

Code:
                    #=======================================================================================
                    #  New Zodiac - Names
                    #=======================================================================================
                    # If you wish to rename a particular Birthsign, you must also rename all
                    # other instances of that Birthsign's name in this script. Use CTRL+F to
                    # locate them.
                    #
                    # You may also need to rename them in the "Manual Birthsigns" section
                    # further below.
                    # Set 1
                    def pbGetZodiacName(sign)
                      return [_INTL(""),                       #Null
                              _INTL("'The Phoenix'"),#Changed  #January
                              _INTL("'The Companion'"),        #February
                              _INTL("'The Beacon'"),           #March
                              _INTL("'The Savage'"),           #April
                              _INTL("'The Cleric'"),#Changed   #May
                              _INTL("'The Martyr'"),           #June
                              _INTL("'The Ancestor'"),#Changed #July
                              _INTL("'The Gladiator'"),        #August
                              _INTL("'The Voyager'"),          #September
                              _INTL("'The Thief'"),            #October
                              _INTL("'The Glutton'"),          #November
                              _INTL("'The Wishmaker'")][sign]  #December
                            end

# Set 2
                    def pbGetNewZodiacName(sign)
                      return [_INTL(""),                          #Null
                              _INTL("'The Apprentice'"),#Changed  #January
                              _INTL("'The Scholar'"),             #February
                              _INTL("'The Fugitive'"),            #March
                              _INTL("'The Aristocrat'"),          #April
                              _INTL("'The Prodigy'"),#Changed     #May
                              _INTL("'The Monk'"),                #June
                              _INTL("'The Maiden'"),#Changed      #July
                              _INTL("'The Specialist'"),          #August
                              _INTL("'The Assassin'"),            #September
                              _INTL("'The Parent'"),              #October
                              _INTL("'The Hunter'"),              #November
                              _INTL("'The Eternal'")][sign]       #December
                            end

#  New Zodiac - Descriptions
                    # Set 1
                    def pbGetZodiacDesc(sign)
                      return [_INTL(""),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon can Revive itself from the party menu."),#Changed 
                              _INTL("The Pokémon is born with max happiness."),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon can use Flash without the move."),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon has max IV's in offense & Speed, but 0 HP."),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon can Cure its status from the menu."),#Changed
                              _INTL("The Pokémon can use Soft-Boiled without the move."),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon yields Eggs that hatch twice as fast."),#Changed
                              _INTL("The Pokémon is born with 100 EV's in Atk & Sp.Atk."),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon can use Teleport without the move."),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon is born with max EV's in Speed."),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon has max IV's in defenses & HP, but 0 Speed."),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon is always born shiny.")][sign]
                            end

# Set 2
                    def pbGetNewZodiacDesc(sign)
                      return [_INTL(""),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon can Revive itself from the party menu."), 
                              _INTL("The Pokémon gains 20% more exp. from battles."),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon has the Escape skill to exit dungeons."),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon doubles prize money won when leading."),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon can Cure its status from the menu."),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon can use Trance to relearn past moves."),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon yields Eggs that hatch twice as fast."),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon can Re-roll for a new Hidden Power."),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon sneaks up on sleeping wild Pokémon."),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon can Incubate Eggs to make them hatch."),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon raises capture rates by 20% when leading."),
                              _INTL("The Pokémon can Reincarnate and begin anew.")][sign]
                            end

#  Manual Birthsigns 
                    # Use "setBirthsign(:XXXXX)" in an event to manually apply a Birthsign.
                    # Replace the X's with the name of the desired Birthsign as they are
                    # written below.
                    module PBBirthsigns
                      if !USENEWBIRTHSIGNS
                        # Birthsigns Set 1
                        NONE      = 0
                        PHOENIX   = 1#Changed
                        COMPANION = 2
                        BEACON    = 3
                        SAVAGE    = 4
                        CLERIC    = 5#Changed
                        MARTYR    = 6
                        ANCESTOR  = 7#Changed
                        GLADIATOR = 8
                        VOYAGER   = 9
                        THIEF     = 10
                        GLUTTON   = 11
                        WISHMAKER = 12
                      else
                        # Birthsigns Set 2
                        NONE       = 0
                        APPRENTICE = 1#Changed
                        SCHOLAR    = 2
                        FUGITIVE   = 3
                        ARISTOCRAT = 4
                        PRODIGY    = 5#Changed
                        MONK       = 6
                        MAIDEN     = 7#Changed
                        SPECIALIST = 8
                        ASSASSIN   = 9
                        PARENT     = 10
                        HUNTER     = 11
                        ETERNAL    = 12
                      end

def PBBirthsigns.maxValue; 13; end
                      def PBBirthsigns.getCount; 13; end

def PBBirthsigns.signValue(id)
                        return (id)%13
                      end

#  Debug Menu
                    # This is the list that appears in the Birthsigns Debug Menu.
                      # Set 1
                      def PBBirthsigns.getName(id)
                        if !USENEWBIRTHSIGNS
                          names=[
                              _INTL("No sign"),
                              _INTL("The Phoenix"),#Changed
                              _INTL("The Companion"),
                              _INTL("The Beacon"),
                              _INTL("The Savage"),
                              _INTL("The Cleric"),#Changed
                              _INTL("The Martyr"),
                              _INTL("The Ancestor"),#Changed
                              _INTL("The Gladiator"),
                              _INTL("The Voyager"),
                              _INTL("The Thief"),
                              _INTL("The Glutton"), 
                              _INTL("The Wishmaker")
                          ]
                          return names[id]
                      # Set 2
                        else
                          names=[
                              _INTL("No sign"),
                              _INTL("The Apprentice"),#Changed
                              _INTL("The Scholar"),
                              _INTL("The Fugitive"),
                              _INTL("The Aristocrat"),
                              _INTL("The Prodigy"),#Changed
                              _INTL("The Monk"),
                              _INTL("The Maiden"),#Changed
                              _INTL("The Specialist"),
                              _INTL("The Assassin"),
                              _INTL("The Parent"),
                              _INTL("The Hunter"), 
                              _INTL("The Eternal")
                          ]
                          return names[id]
                        end
                      end
                    end

#  Defining Birthsigns
                    class PokeBattle_Pokemon
                        attr_accessor(:zodiacflag)

# Defines birthsigns
                     def birthsign
                      if obtainMode==1
                        if USENEWBIRTHSIGNS
                          return pbGetNewZodiacName(self.timeEggHatched.mon)
                        else
                          return pbGetZodiacName(self.timeEggHatched.mon)
                        end
                      end
                      return @zodiacflag if @zodiacflag!=nil
                      return @personalID%13
                     end

# Sets this Pokémon's birthsign.
                      def setBirthsign(value)
                        if value.is_a?(String) || value.is_a?(Symbol)
                          value=getID(PBBirthsigns,value)
                        end
                        @zodiacflag=value
                        if !USENEWBIRTHSIGNS
                          applyBirthsigns
                          applynosign
                        else
                          applynosign
                        end
                        self.calcStats
                      end

#  Applies the effects of manually assigned Birthsigns.
                      def applyBirthsigns
                        #if birthsign==PBBirthsigns::APPRENTICE #Changed
                          #self.pokerus=16 #Changed
                        #end #Changed
                          self.happiness=255
                        end
                          self.iv[0]=0
                          self.iv[1]=31
                          self.iv[2]=rand(32)
                          self.iv[3]=31
                          self.iv[4]=31
                          self.iv[5]=rand(32)
                        end
                        #if birthsign==PBBirthsigns::PRODIGY #Changed
                          #self.abilityflag=2 #Changed
                        #end #Changed
                        #if birthsign==PBBirthsigns::MAIDEN #Changed
                          #self.genderflag=1 #Changed
                        #end #Changed
                          self.ev[0]=0
                          self.ev[1]=100
                          self.ev[2]=0
                          self.ev[3]=0
                          self.ev[4]=100
                          self.ev[5]=0
                        end
                        if birthsign==PBBirthsigns::THIEF
                          self.ev[0]=0
                          self.ev[1]=0
                          self.ev[2]=0
                          self.ev[3]=0
                          self.ev[4]=0
                          self.ev[5]=252
                        end
                        if birthsign==PBBirthsigns::GLUTTON
                          self.iv[0]=31
                          self.iv[1]=rand(32)
                          self.iv[2]=31
                          self.iv[3]=0
                          self.iv[4]=rand(32)
                          self.iv[5]=31
                        end
                        if birthsign==PBBirthsigns::WISHMAKER 
                          self.shinyflag=true
                        end
                      end

#  Resets flags when no sign is applied.
                      def applynosign
                        if birthsign==PBBirthsigns::NONE
                          self.shinyflag=nil
                          self.abilityflag=nil
                          self.genderflag=nil
                        end
                      end
                    end
                    Secondly, you want to make three more small changes, to actually allow the Birthsigns to work.

Got to line 1074, and add an exclamation point right before USENEWBIRTHSIGNS, like so:
                    Code:
                    (!USENEWBIRTHSIGNS && pkmn.zodiacflag!=nil && pkmn.birthsign==PBBirthsigns::PHOENIX
                    Then go to lines 1083 and 3014 and do the exact same thing. This'll allow the Cleric and the Ancestor to work, respectively.

Finally, go into the Birthsigns graphics folder, and swap the Birthsign and Token graphics to match your changes.

In regards to the Journal script, that's a bit more straightforward to change. You more or less just have to change the name/description text in the appropriate places. The only complicated part of altering the Journal is editing the wheel graphic to display your changes. But, that shouldn't be difficult if you're at all familiar with using an image editing program.

As for the Event scripts, that should be the easiest one to alter out of all of them. All you really need to do is swap the exclamation point before USENEWBIRTHSIGNS in all of the appropriate places, similar to what you had to do to the Birthsigns script.
                    Old January 29th, 2016 (4:48 PM).
                    Marene

wow Thanks I installed the Script above main and name it PokemonBirthsigns
                      and copied it from Printable Version, as I do always and
                      now I don't understand the part with ("Go to line 1074..") I copied the entire PokemonBirthsigns Script and paste it in the Notepad++ too and I can't see the line 1074 because the line just goes till 268 :(

where should I paste the
                      Spoiler:
                      (!USENEWBIRTHSIGNS && pkmn.zodiacflag!=nil && pkmn.birthsign==PBBirthsigns::PHOENIX

The line 1083 and line 3014 I can't find because the line of the Birthsign Script just goes till line 268, please help me :(

and if you could explain me how I could do it with the Events and the Journal it would be great, thanks in advance

I tried to playtest my game and I got this ERROR:
                      Spoiler:
                      Pokemon Deluxe
                      Script 'PokemonBirthsigns' line 90: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant PBBirthsigns::USENEWBIRTHSIGNS
                      Aceptar
                      Old February 1st, 2016 (6:37 AM).

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Pokébook View Post
                        wow Thanks I installed the Script above main and name it PokemonBirthsigns
                        and copied it from Printable Version, as I do always and
                        now I don't understand the part with ("Go to line 1074..") I copied the entire PokemonBirthsigns Script and paste it in the Notepad++ too and I can't see the line 1074 because the line just goes till 268 :(

where should I paste the
                        Spoiler:

The line 1083 and line 3014 I can't find because the line of the Birthsign Script just goes till line 268, please help me :(

and if you could explain me how I could do it with the Events and the Journal it would be great, thanks in advance

I tried to playtest my game and I got this ERROR:
                        Spoiler:
                        Pokemon Deluxe
                        Script 'PokemonBirthsigns' line 90: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant PBBirthsigns::USENEWBIRTHSIGNS
                        Aceptar
                        The code i gave you in my last post was just changes for the original Birthsigns script, its not the entirety of code that you need. You need to first completely reinstall the Birthsigns script that I link to in my first post, THEN replace the section of code in that script with the changes I provided for you.
                        Old February 1st, 2016 (4:17 PM).
                        Marene

oh Ok, I will do this and see if this works
                          I answer then when I can
                          Old February 4th, 2016 (8:59 AM).

Hey. Awesome script :o

But I want the info to show up when the respective icon is selected without
                            having too press the "C" button because I use double screen. (Pokegear app)
                            This is the section I've found:
                            if Input.trigger?(Input::C) && !USENEWBIRTHSIGNS
                            But I have no Idea how to change that...
                            Old February 4th, 2016 (10:36 AM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Sharazel View Post
                              Hey. Awesome script :o

But I want the info to show up when the respective icon is selected without
                              having too press the "C" button because I use double screen. (Pokegear app)
                              This is the section I've found:
                              if Input.trigger?(Input::C) && !USENEWBIRTHSIGNS
                              But I have no Idea how to change that...
                              You're talking about the Journal, right? Well if all you need is to assign a different button, then just replace C with a different key. For example, to make it so that you open the pages with the CTRL key instead of C, then just replace every instance of (Input::C) in the Journal script with (Input::CTRL). If you want to open the pages without the use of buttons at all, then that's probably a little trickier.

Perhaps setting up a touch screen so you can simply click on the icons to open the pages? I have no experience with mouse modules though, so I don't know what to suggest in terms of coding.
                              Old February 16th, 2016 (9:35 AM).

Updated the main post with Pastebin links for all of the necessary scripts for this project, rather than linking to specific posts of mine. Should simplify the installation process a bit more.
                                Old March 2nd, 2016 (12:01 AM).
                                Mewtwo Master

Nature: Naughty
                                  I'm using this script and I wanted to test it, so in debug i gave myself two pokemon of the same species and different genders and deposited them in the daycare. Forced an egg and withdrew the egg. as soon as I take the egg I got an error:

Pokemon Essentials Gen 6
                                  Script 'Birthsigns' line 2797: ArgumentError occurred.

wrong number of arguments(3 for 1)
                                  OK

The line it is referencing is:

babyspecies=pbGetBabySpecies(babyspecies,mother.item,father.item)

which is above

if isConst?(babyspecies,PBSpecies,:MANAPHY) && hasConst?(PBSpecies,:PHIONE)
                                  babyspecies=getConst(PBSpecies,:PHIONE)

Is there anything I can do to fix?

(The pokemon i used were absol)

-Groudon-Rayquaza-
                                  Reuniclus-Ho-oh-
                                  Old March 2nd, 2016 (11:16 AM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by tasmania12 View Post
                                    I'm using this script and I wanted to test it, so in debug i gave myself two pokemon of the same species and different genders and deposited them in the daycare. Forced an egg and withdrew the egg. as soon as I take the egg I got an error:

Pokemon Essentials Gen 6
                                    Script 'Birthsigns' line 2797: ArgumentError occurred.

wrong number of arguments(3 for 1)
                                    OK

The line it is referencing is:

which is above

if isConst?(babyspecies,PBSpecies,:MANAPHY) && hasConst?(PBSpecies,:PHIONE)
                                    babyspecies=getConst(PBSpecies,:PHIONE)

Is there anything I can do to fix?

(The pokemon i used were absol)
                                    That's odd. I just tried it myself without any errors. The lines of code that are giving you errors isn't even my code - it's just part of the default essentials coding found in PField_Daycare that I just copy/pasted over into the Birthsigns script.

Some questions to help narrow down the source of this issue:

-What version of Essentials are you using? I wrote this script for v15.1, but I updated it recently to match v.16's coding. If you're using an older version than v16, there may be conflicting code.

-What Birthsign Set are you using? Set 1 is the default (USENEWBIRTHSIGNS set to "false").

-Check your PField_Daycare script for the same lines that are returning errors for you. Are they written identically to the same lines in your Birthsigns script?

-Do the Absol you're trying to breed together have any Birthsigns on them already? If so, which ones?

-Did you alter the Birthsigns script in any ways for your personal use?

-Do you have any other additions to your project that alter the breeding mechanics in any way?
                                    Old March 4th, 2016 (6:58 PM).
                                    Mewtwo Master

-I'm currently using v16
                                      -I'm using set 2
                                      - PField_Daycare does not have the same line, but instead babyspecies=pbGetBabySpecies(babyspecies)
                                      -Both Absol are debugged in with no birthsigns given
                                      -The only alteration I made was switching WISHMAKER with the SPECIALIST birthsign and that part works, I know by debugging a party pokemon to be an egg then using the Unreal Time system to move the time to the desired month then hatching, so it shouldn't have made any changes to the Daycare section.
                                      -I'm using the Project gen 6 if that helps... I dont think it'll change that though...

Also when I tested it after changing the line to babyspecies=pbGetBabySpecies(babyspecies) like in the Daycare script, it gives this error:

Pokemon Essentials Gen 6
                                      Script 'Birthsigns' line 2842: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant USENEWBATTLEMECHANICS
                                      OK

the section reads:
                                      Code:
                                      # Inheriting Machine Moves
                                        if !USENEWBATTLEMECHANICS
                                          for i in 0...$ItemData.length
                                            next if !$ItemData[i]
                                            atk=$ItemData[i][ITEMMACHINE]
                                            next if !atk || atk==0
                                            if egg.isCompatibleWithMove?(atk)
                                              moves.push(atk) if movefather.knowsMove?(atk)
                                            end
                                          end
                                        end

-Groudon-Rayquaza-
                                      Reuniclus-Ho-oh-
                                      Old March 7th, 2016 (8:44 AM).

Quote:
                                        -I'm currently using v16
                                        -I'm using set 2
                                        - PField_Daycare does not have the same line, but instead babyspecies=pbGetBabySpecies(babyspecies)
                                        -Both Absol are debugged in with no birthsigns given
                                        -The only alteration I made was switching WISHMAKER with the SPECIALIST birthsign and that part works, I know by debugging a party pokemon to be an egg then using the Unreal Time system to move the time to the desired month then hatching, so it shouldn't have made any changes to the Daycare section.
                                        -I'm using the Project gen 6 if that helps... I dont think it'll change that though...

Also when I tested it after changing the line to babyspecies=pbGetBabySpecies(babyspecies) like in the Daycare script, it gives this error:

Pokemon Essentials Gen 6
                                        Script 'Birthsigns' line 2842: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant USENEWBATTLEMECHANICS
                                        OK

the section reads:
                                        Code:
                                        # Inheriting Machine Moves
                                          if !USENEWBATTLEMECHANICS
                                            for i in 0...$ItemData.length
                                              next if !$ItemData[i]
                                              atk=$ItemData[i][ITEMMACHINE]
                                              next if !atk || atk==0
                                              if egg.isCompatibleWithMove?(atk)
                                                moves.push(atk) if movefather.knowsMove?(atk)
                                              end
                                            end
                                          end
                                        Are you sure you're using Essentials v16? Because from what you're describing, it seems as if some of your code is written with v15's coding. I'm looking at the scripts in a copy of Essentials v15 and v16 side by side, and this is what I'm seeing:

v15's code looks like this:
                                        Code:
                                        babyspecies=pbGetBabySpecies(babyspecies)
                                        while v16's code looks like this:
                                        Code:
                                        So if your game's code is displaying it like the first line of code in PField_Daycare, then it doesn't seem as if you're running v16.

Also, "USENEWBATTLEMECHANICS" is something that was added in v16, so getting an error pertaining to that leads me to believe your game isn't running v16. At least not when it comes to this part of the script.

Perhaps the Project Gen 6 scripts you've added to your game is utilizing outdated coding? If you want to test this out for yourself, try downloading a fresh copy of v16 with no changes added except the Birthsigns scripts. Then see if it runs as intended. If it does, then the issue is with the Project Gen 6 scripts, not mine.
                                        Old March 7th, 2016 (3:48 PM).
                                        Mewtwo Master

Okay, so I did exactly as you said, fresh v16, but I also took it a step further and added Project gen 6 changes again exactly as i did before, and it works perfectly this time... I have no clue what was different the first time, but thanks for helping! I appreciate it.

Also, I made the Absol hatch in August and it was shiny like I hoped it would by switching Wishmaker and Specialist, so that works as well.

-Groudon-Rayquaza-
                                          Reuniclus-Ho-oh-
                                          Old March 7th, 2016 (4:31 PM).

Quote:
                                            Okay, so I did exactly as you said, fresh v16, but I also took it a step further and added Project gen 6 changes again exactly as i did before, and it works perfectly this time... I have no clue what was different the first time, but thanks for helping! I appreciate it.

Also, I made the Absol hatch in August and it was shiny like I hoped it would by switching Wishmaker and Specialist, so that works as well.
                                            Awesome, I'm glad it worked out.
                                            Old April 8th, 2016 (8:30 PM).

Ok. First off, I absolutely love this script. It works great and is very well made with cool graphics and is just a cool idea overall. Good job!

I do have a question though that I was hoping you could help me with (I'm fairly new to scripting so maybe it's an easy fix). I have your scripts all in, but I also wanted to use the Family Tree script that you linked to this. I had it all working before I added your script, but now it doesn't seem to work properly.

The instructions in that script say:

Spoiler:
                                              -At PokemonSummary, change both lines '@page=4 if @page>4'
                                              # to '@page=5 if @page>5'
                                              #
                                              # -Before line 'if Input.trigger?(Input::UP) && @partyindex>0'
                                              # add line 'handleInputsEgg'
                                              #
                                              # -Change line 'if @page!=0' to 'if @page!=0 && !(SHOWFAMILYEGG && @page==5)'
                                              #
                                              # -After line 'drawPageFive(@pokemon)' add
                                              #
                                              # when 5
                                              # drawPageSix(@pokemon)

I had those all changed in the PokemonSummary script before, but I believe yours overwrites that script right? So I went into your script and changed the things with PageFive and I added the 'handleInputsEgg' line; however it still doesn't work correctly. The page where the family tree information is supposed to be shows up, but no information is being inserted. I figure everything now has to do with the "Change line 'if @page!=0' to 'if @page!=0 && !(SHOWFAMILYEGG && @page==5)'" part; however, I cannot find this line in your script, so my question is: Where do I need to add this or what do I need to change so that I can have both the BirthSigns and the Family Tree scripts working?
                                              Old April 11th, 2016 (10:04 AM). Edited April 12th, 2016 by Lucidious89.
                                              Lucidious89 Lucidious89 is offline

Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by monkeyboy6 View Post
                                                Ok. First off, I absolutely love this script. It works great and is very well made with cool graphics and is just a cool idea overall. Good job!

I do have a question though that I was hoping you could help me with (I'm fairly new to scripting so maybe it's an easy fix). I have your scripts all in, but I also wanted to use the Family Tree script that you linked to this. I had it all working before I added your script, but now it doesn't seem to work properly.

The instructions in that script say:

Spoiler:
                                                -At PokemonSummary, change both lines '@page=4 if @page>4'
                                                # to '@page=5 if @page>5'
                                                #
                                                # -Before line 'if Input.trigger?(Input::UP) && @partyindex>0'
                                                # add line 'handleInputsEgg'
                                                #
                                                # -Change line 'if @page!=0' to 'if @page!=0 && !(SHOWFAMILYEGG && @page==5)'
                                                #
                                                # -After line 'drawPageFive(@pokemon)' add
                                                #
                                                # when 5
                                                # drawPageSix(@pokemon)

I had those all changed in the PokemonSummary script before, but I believe yours overwrites that script right? So I went into your script and changed the things with PageFive and I added the 'handleInputsEgg' line; however it still doesn't work correctly. The page where the family tree information is supposed to be shows up, but no information is being inserted. I figure everything now has to do with the "Change line 'if @page!=0' to 'if @page!=0 && !(SHOWFAMILYEGG && @page==5)'" part; however, I cannot find this line in your script, so my question is: Where do I need to add this or what do I need to change so that I can have both the BirthSigns and the Family Tree scripts working?

Yes, my script overwrites sections of the Summary script (as well as the Daycare script), so some of the changes you have in your default scripts will likely be ignored. It should, however, be relatively easy to add. I know for a fact that both Birthsigns and Family Tree can work together without issue, because I use Family Tree in my own project (though heavily modified). It's easily one of my favorite scripts out there.

Here's how it looks in my project:
                                                Spoiler:

To install the unmodified Family Tree script so that it works with Pokemon Birthsigns, you don't have to do much differently than what's already described in FL's instructions. The main difference is instead of changing the appropriate lines in the PScreen_Summary script, you can just change the necessary lines within the PokemonBirthsigns script instead.

So let's go about it step by step, following his instructions:

Steps:
                                                Spoiler:
                                                1) At PokemonDayCare, before line '$Trainer.party[$Trainer.party.length]=egg' add line 'egg.family = PokemonFamily.new(egg, father, mother)'

So now in the PokemonBirthsigns script, use CTRL+F to look for the line he's describing (it should be around line 3028 in an unmodified script). Add his line above it.

2) At PokemonSummary, change both lines '@page=4 if @page>4' to '@page=5 if @page>5'

In the Birthsigns script, use CTRL+F to find the two lines he's describing, and replace them with the new page numbers. This should be around lines 2730 and 2741 in an unmodified Birthsigns script.

3) Before line 'if Input.trigger?(Input::UP) && @partyindex>0' add line 'handleInputsEgg'

Again in the Birthsigns script, use CTRL+F to find this line, and add his above it. It should be around line 2702.

4) Change line 'if @page!=0' to 'if @page!=0 && !(SHOWFAMILYEGG && @page==5)'

This is the only part of his directions where you still have to alter the original PScreen_Summary script, because this section of code is not overwritten by PokemonBirthsigns. If you've already made this change in your PScreen_Summary script, then you can just skip this step.

5) After line 'drawPageFive(@pokemon)' add
                                                Code:
                                                 when 5
                                                   drawPageSix(@pokemon)

And finally, again in PokemonBirthsigns, use CTRL+F to locate this line, and add his new code underneath it.

Now, as far as his actual code, you'll want to paste it in a new section above Main, but below PokemonBirthsigns (and PScreen_Summary). It should now work properly. However, if you want an extra bit of cohesiveness with his script and mine, I suggest you make these changes to his code:

Changes:
                                                Spoiler:
                                                1) In the Family Tree script, find the line 'imagepos.push([ballimage,14,60,0,0,-1,-1])', and paste the following directly below it:
                                                Code:
                                                #===========================================================================
                                                    # Birthsigns - Zodiac Token
                                                    if @pokemon.zodiacflag!=nil
                                                      if USENEWBIRTHSIGNS
                                                        zodiactoken=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/Birthsigns/Birthsigns2/token%02d",PBBirthsigns.signValue(@pokemon.birthsign))
                                                      else
                                                        zodiactoken=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/Birthsigns/token%02d",PBBirthsigns.signValue(@pokemon.birthsign))
                                                      end
                                                      imagepos.push([zodiactoken,150,260,0,0,-1,-1])
                                                    end
                                                    if @pokemon.obtainMode==1
                                                      if USENEWBIRTHSIGNS
                                                        zodiactoken=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/Birthsigns/Birthsigns2/token%02d",zodiacValue(@pokemon.timeEggHatched.mon))
                                                      else
                                                        zodiactoken=sprintf("Graphics/Pictures/Birthsigns/token%02d",zodiacValue(@pokemon.timeEggHatched.mon))
                                                      end
                                                      imagepos.push([zodiactoken,150,260,0,0,-1,-1])
                                                    end
                                                This will display the Pokemon's zodiac token on the Family Tree page of the Summary, just as it is displayed on all the other pages of the Summary.

2) Find the following two lines in the Family Tree script, and either delete them or comment them out:
                                                Code:
                                                itemname=pokemon.item==0 ? _INTL("None") : PBItems.getName(pokemon.item)
                                                Code:
                                                [itemname,16,352,0,Color.new(64,64,64),Color.new(176,176,176)]
                                                And then find the line 'textpos.push([_INTL("{1}",pokemon.level),46,92,0,', and paste the following above it:
                                                Code:
                                                if pokemon.hasItem?
                                                      textpos.push([PBItems.getName(pokemon.item),16,352,0,Color.new(64,64,64),Color.new(176,176,176)])
                                                    else
                                                      textpos.push([_INTL("None"),16,352,0,Color.new(184,184,160),Color.new(208,208,200)])
                                                    end
                                                This will change the item text to reflect how it is displayed in all the other pages in Essentials v16, which PokemonBirthsigns emulates.

And with all of that, both scripts should work together without any issues. Here's a screenshot of the same Pokemon I showed you from my own Project, after installing Birthsigns and Family Tree into a fresh copy of Essentials v16:
                                                Spoiler:

Enjoy!
                                                Old April 14th, 2016 (11:05 PM).
                                                monkeyboy6 monkeyboy6 is offline

Thank you so much for your help. Works perfectly!
                                                  Old April 18th, 2016 (1:52 PM). Edited May 11th, 2016 by Lucidious89.
                                                  Lucidious89 Lucidious89 is offline

Minor Update 4/18/16 : Code changes for 'The Ancestor' and 'The Specialist'

After some testing, it's come to my attention that the code for the birthsign 'The Ancestor' is no longer working properly. Perhaps due to changes in Essentials v16. Maybe it's just me, but either way, I updated the code for that birthsign so that it may now work as intended.

In addition to this, I've updated the code for 'The Specialist' so that it now assumes Fairy type is being used in your game. So you may now use it to roll for new IV's that'll yield Hidden Power Fairy. If your project does not use the Fairy type, then do not install the update for it below.

I've also merged the Birthsigns script and PC Modification script into a single script now. This just gives new people one less step to fuss over in the installation process.

All of the above has already been revised in the linked scripts in the main post.
                                                    ~

Quick Reply