• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokémon cries - saying their names or animal sounds?

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
tbh, I felt the Pokemon would have benefited more if they sounded like creatures instead of repeating their names. I know the reason behind this is kids will memorize the Pokemon's name but Pokemon have some of the most iconic designs that it's easy to see what they are after knowing them. Also, I find it inconsistent that some have creature cries and others same their name over and over again.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Definitely sounding like animals. I do understand why the anime has them say their names over and over again, but I honestly prefer Pokemon to actually sound like creatures. Pokemon just...constantly repeating their names is really unrealistic, unfortunately. <_< But I can't say that I really mind that, in the anime at least, anyway? @_@ I'm fine w/it being Pikachu and Eevee being the only ones saying their names in game, but I definitely miss when they had animal sound cries. :x

Years
yeah I prefer animal sounds too! sometimes Pokémon saying their names sounds a little odd or too human, like Scorbunny in the dubbed anime (imo). sounds would be easier for the anime too since there wouldn't be a need to dub over them in a different language.

Years
I think Pokemon saying their names works really well in the anime and actually fits, but feel like it wouldn't work at all in the games, but maybe that's because it's the way it's always been? The indiviudal 'cry' sounds work much better for me for game canon and helps to make them feel like real creatures.

Years
Animal/game cry is better because it's more realistic. The anime (saying the name over and over) is a hit or miss at times (I think it just serves a purpose and that's it).

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
Years
I'm going to have to say the animalistic cries, I was really disappointed when they shifted to Pikachu and Eevee saying their names ;w;

LadyLurantis940

The Bug-type Impostor
Years
This may be odd, but I prefer both at once. For example, a Fletchling saying its name, but also being able to chirp, due to its cry in the anime and its Pokédex entry that describes its "lilting chirps." I believe that Pokémon were named after what they said repeatedly, but they can also utter basic animal sounds. The names add so much more personality to their speech, I feel like it's a necessity, and their animal noises are great, too!

pkmin3033

Anything that's NOT those awful quality soundbytes they use in the main games. Have Gen I's even been updated since RBY were released?! I didn't know technology that isn't about to die or explode in your face could make such horrific sounds.

Years
definitely animal sounds because i feel like that sounds more pleasing to the ears than some pokemon actually saying their names...

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
i honestly don't care but it should be one or the other. pikachu saying it's name in the recent games while everything else makes some garbled computer sound takes me out of the game so fast

Back