• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Hex editing Pokemon Soul Silver help.

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Dec 3, 2018
Lately I have been trying to edit Pokemon Soul Silver, but all the tools that I have tried don't work. So I said to myself, "SCREW IT! I'LL EDIT IT MYSELF!" I then downloaded Crystal tile 2 and read guides on hex editing, and so far it has worked. However, none of the guides that I have found have told me how to edit some important things. The main things I need answers to are, how to edit poke marts' items, how to edit items, how to edit moves, and pokedex stats and entries.
So, could someone please tell me:
where the data for moves, marts, items, and pokedex data start,
what each byte does,
and the order each item, mart, pokedex entry, etc, are placed in, for example are moves in this order? https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_moves
I would really appreciate the help, thanks in advance!

BluRose

blu rass
Years
Lately I have been trying to edit Pokemon Soul Silver, but all the tools that I have tried don't work. So I said to myself, "SCREW IT! I'LL EDIT IT MYSELF!" I then downloaded Crystal tile 2 and read guides on hex editing, and so far it has worked. However, none of the guides that I have found have told me how to edit some important things. The main things I need answers to are, how to edit poke marts' items, how to edit items, how to edit moves, and pokedex stats and entries.
So, could someone please tell me:
where the data for moves, marts, items, and pokedex data start,
what each byte does,
and the order each item, mart, pokedex entry, etc, are placed in, for example are moves in this order? https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_moves
I would really appreciate the help, thanks in advance!
strap in, you're in for a long ride
do you have your rom split?

EDIT:
well i strongly suggest you do so, you'll get a list of every single file inside hgss and be able to edit as you please and then rebuild as you will

if you go here, you'll see that all of the item data is located in a/0/1/7 (actual item data) and a/0/1/8 (pictures)
now, every single item consists of 0x24 bytes
i'll try to break it down for you butttttt nobody is really certain of a lot of it sooooo

hop on over here to see the basic structure, search itemdata and then go to the last occurrence

let's look at ice heal, item 0x14 (offset 0x1338 of a/0/1/7)
Code:
FA 00 00 00 00 00 1E 00 9F 40 01 02 01 00 01 00 
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 
00 00 FF FF

price: 0x00FA, or 250
battle effect: 0x00 (probably hold item effect)
gain: 0x00
berry tag: 0x00
fling effect: 0x00
fling power: 0x1E, 30
natural power: 0x00
unknown8: 0x409F - bitwise: (31<<0)|(0<<5)|(0<<6)|([color=red]1[/color]<<7)|(8<<11), red value is pocket
unknowna: 01
unknownb: 02
unknownc: 01

and so on, you get the point
Code:
pocket values

miscellaneous - 0
medicine - 1
balls - 2
tm - 3
berries - 4
mail - 5
battle items - 6
key items - 7
the itemdataboosts and itemdata2 follow directly after the itemdata, and then there are two 0xFF at the end of each item

and that's just items

Last edited:
Back