• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Is there any Fairy type rombases for FireRed?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 4, 2021
Hi. I found the tutorial made by ShyRayq but since I'm not familiar with rom hacking and my English is not that good I couldn't understand it. So is there any hacks that add Fairy type to FireRed? I know Mr.DollSteak's patch but I don't want all other feautures such as damage split, gen 6 move system etc. I just want the fairy type.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
Use TEE3 to add it in yourself. You'll need PGE in order to add it to Pokémon and moves as G3T and YAPE can't see that custom data.

Years
The best thing you can do, which you will learn fast here... is start with a clean rom and do everything yourself. All current research is shared, you only need to use it and give credit. Keep good track of your offsets in a file. Make a separate patch file for every changed aspect and group the ones that are dependent on each other.

Ending up with a ruined hack is just a matter of getting a clean rom, applying patches and testing to see which one created the error.

Otherwise you risk ending up starting from scratch several times until you finally give up. Organization over eagerness! Re-usability over hard work.

if you change your mind of certain things, a different approach is just a few different patches away.

Back