• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
Do anyone know if the legendary Gerbils will roam the Kanto region as well or just the Johto side?

If I recall, they stay on the Johto side of the map, and cannot be encountered in Kanto in Gold and Silver.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Not sure if this belongs here, but I was curious about something.

I've got a ROM of Crystal Version (as well as the official cartridge) on which I found a Shiny Koffing (now Weezing). I was wondering if there is any possible way to move/copy/trade that Shiny Weezing from the ROM to Virtual Console Gold/Silver via hacking, emulation, etc. because it kind of seems a shame to leave it stuck there...

I know you can extract .pkm files from the newer games and import them into save files, but I'm not sure if that can be done with GSC ROMs or, if it can, if it could also be done with the Virtual Console versions.

Last edited:

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
Hi! My friend and I wanted to have the full Gen II experience, so we decided to each download one of the games on our 3DS and trade with each other. However, he has an American 3DS and I have a European one. Is it even possible to connect those two systems in Virtual Console?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hi! My friend and I wanted to have the full Gen II experience, so we decided to each download one of the games on our 3DS and trade with each other. However, he has an American 3DS and I have a European one. Is it even possible to connect those two systems in Virtual Console?

Yup it works - as long as you are both there in person you will have no problems!

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2021
I live in New Jersey and I have the American version of pokemon silver and I'm trying to get either golem or machamp on my team so could someone trade with me if possible plz.

Years
I live in New Jersey and I have the American version of pokemon silver and I'm trying to get either golem or machamp on my team so could someone trade with me if possible plz.
Unfortunately, Wifi trading isn't possible in these games. However, you can still do local trades with someone else near you.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hello! This is probably a weird and very specific question, but I really need to know so I don't waste money. I only have VC Red to trade with until I can get Gold, but I will have a Kadabra soon. Is it okay to go ahead and teach him Ice/Thunder/Fire Punch? I know the moves were around in RBY, but I wasn't sure if they wouldn't register on a Kadabra, barring me from trading it. The only Pokemon that could legally learn them in Gen I were Hitmonchan and a few select others, so yeah.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
If you're trading Pokémon between VC games (gen I and II) then you're fine, there are as many checks as there were in the good old days, i.e. none. But if you want to transfer the Pokémon to Gen VII, better wait for the PokéTransfer update, because from what I hear, that piece of software can be outright paranoid about moves (for instance, not allowing to transfer a Charizard that knows Fly if you're doing so from Red or Blue) .

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
So what your saying is you can trade any between gen 1 and 2 except for the new gen 2 pokemon? and they can have any moves?

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
If I traded a Pokemon holding its evolution item (i.e. a Scyther with a Metal Coat) to Gen 1 and then traded it back to Gold, will it evolve?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
If I traded a Pokemon holding its evolution item (i.e. a Scyther with a Metal Coat) to Gen 1 and then traded it back to Gold, will it evolve?

I don't think you can back trade, and even so, Pokemon aren't able to hold items in generation 1.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
So what your saying is you can trade any between gen 1 and 2 except for the new gen 2 pokemon? and they can have any moves?

Yes. As long as the Pokémon in question remain in VC games, be it Gen I or Gen II, you can do anything you want with them. Only the restrictions from the good old days will apply: don't send back new moves or new Pokémon to Gen I. That's it.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
can you even soft resett for female eevee from bill in gen 2 i been sitting for 1 hour and only males so far i know its only 12,5 percent chanse but stil it never taken this long before

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
can you even soft resett for female eevee from bill in gen 2 i been sitting for 1 hour and only males so far i know its only 12,5 percent chanse but stil it never taken this long before

If I recall, yes - there should be a clear point at which the data for that Eevee is generated, and with gifts it's often upon receipt of the Pokemon. According to the pages I can find, it should be available as female.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back