• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ultimate BW Pack for Pokémon Essentials

Animated or static sprites?

• Animated (+ Looks better, - Large files)

Votes: 458 74.2%
  • Static (+ Smaller files, - Looks worse)

Votes: 159 25.8%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
well ive attempted to use gif animated sprites but for some reason i get a white background on the image, anyway to stop this?

oldsnake90

Creator Pokemon Glacial Freeze
Years

Is there a way to make them big so the Pokemon Essentials can use them. and some of them have a black box and white box behind them

If I decide to add animated sprites, I'll use the .gif files I've used a couple months ago. They're all resized for use with Pokémon Essentials and I've used them succesfully without editing any script.

@ Maruno
If I could script at a decent level, I'd try to add those in. The community will have to wait a while, I think.

do you have animaited sprites re sized? is there a possibility if i could use those.

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I've got all animated sprites at the correct size and without transparancy issues. I'll add them as soon as possible. Expect the pack to be updated in three days.

Melloeta_Step

I love Fat and Cute Pokemon.
Years
Just thought I would throw in the sprites are missing for the pokemon with multiple forms

EDIT

4 hours later... I have added all the alternate form sprites. This include all of the Unknown and their back sprites. I also have added the ??? Arceus and it's back sprites.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6ed875dk218r1ad

EDIT 2

My upload kept timing out, so I just zipped a smaller file. Just add these to the battlers folder :)

Your link is not working, Please get another link. I cant wait, I feel like im going to freeze.. I really really need it.. :D

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Your link is not working, Please get another link. I cant wait, I feel like im going to freeze.. I really really need it.. :D

I am going to hold off on re uploading it for now. Sorry. If P-Sign is updating it to have animated sprites I will wait to see if they are added in that update.

On that note, if I re upload it as it is omitted from the update, I will not be re uploading animated versions.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
You included the moves and abilities without scripting them. Items is no different. They'll be added to Essentials eventually anyway, as will their effects. If you just want to get a head-start and knock up an items.txt/bunch of icons, go ahead.
Several month ago Venom-12 give me the moves.txt and the icons of the BW items. I attach them to this post (the rar file have both). Credits goes all to Venom-12

Take note on NormalGem and double PalPad (437 and 578) errors.

Attachments

• items bw.rar
    249.7 KB · Views: 32
  • items bw.txt
    67.9 KB · Views: 23

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
I will tell you how to use animated sprites.

press ctrl+h in pokebattle_actualscene

and find for 1.0 and replace to 2.0 thats all ;] for resizing them but you need to put many updates that they could update all time and not freeze in action but that i wont tell you :P

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
i get white boxes around the pokemon when using the animated pokemon also in battle the postitioning seams messed up

Eternal Dreamer

Dreaming my way to the top!
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 4, 2012
Thank you so much! I was going to put all of this data in myself, then upload it...but you beat me to it! :P
This'll help me a lot :D

nniwllehctim

Perfectionist (Spelling?) xD
Years
This is so awesome. Definitely using it. I'll credit everyone ^^

EDIT:Lots of transparency needs to be edited, need to stop the bobbing up/down of Pokemanz. I can fix most the issues myself, but the editor doesn't allow for importing gifs, so any quick way to fix transparency?

EDIT 2: Also Venom 12, sorry to say that resising isn't all that simple. When the Pokemon faints, it shrinks back to normal, when you view the Pokemon summary, it is also normal.

So really, the battling would be fine, if transparency is sorted out, and the Player Pokemon Bobbing is sorted out.

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
i get white boxes around the pokemon when using the animated pokemon also in battle the postitioning seams messed up

I see White backrounds on pokemon and not all pokemon are in the pack

This is so awesome. Definitely using it. I'll credit everyone ^^

EDIT:Lots of transparency needs to be edited, need to stop the bobbing up/down of Pokemanz. I can fix most the issues myself, but the editor doesn't allow for importing gifs, so any quick way to fix transparency?

EDIT 2: Also Venom 12, sorry to say that resising isn't all that simple. When the Pokemon faints, it shrinks back to normal, when you view the Pokemon summary, it is also normal.

So really, the battling would be fine, if transparency is sorted out, and the Player Pokemon Bobbing is sorted out.

I thought all of the sprites had transparant backgrounds, so I'm sorry. I'll see what I can do about this ASAP.

It would be great to have a nice working download link.
This one should work:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5pl1e9hocnb41mp

nniwllehctim

Years
Yeah, the sizing also gets whacked up when the pokemon dies or is attacked. Only the first frame has no transparency issues.

Years
I thought id say that ive been fiddling about trying to erase the white for each frame, and there is 40-60 frames to edit for each pokemon. thats a lot of work. also you are missing .gif's for some pokemon, like zubat and magnemite.
EDIT: i was making a list of the missing pokemon, but there a lot of them. just making sure you are aware of this :)
EDIT2: these guys have ripped all the animations (http://clowcardruler.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-BW-Animations-256963616), so no pokemon should be missing from them. but they still suffer from black/white squares around them, and being too small.

Last edited:

nniwllehctim

Years
Yeah, transparency is a major issue.

EDIT: Took a look in Photoshop, the animations are all transparent. RMXP some how manages to screw it up.

Last edited:
Years
I know its most likely a lot of work to do but when the updated Pokemon sprites come out could also try to have them already re sized that way we could use the Reposition Sprites in the Editor that came with the Pokemon Essentials starter kit and with the already re sized pokemon sprites it wouldn't require as much searching and recording that would have to be done for the pokemon party screen and PokeDex. I appreciate all the work you have done to form this Ultimate BW Pack, so Thank you so much. :D

Back