• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ultimate BW Pack for Pokémon Essentials

Animated or static sprites?

• Animated (+ Looks better, - Large files)

Votes: 458 74.2%
  • Static (+ Smaller files, - Looks worse)

Votes: 159 25.8%

• Total voters

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
The spoiler instantly makes it seem like it isn't BW, since none of the spoiler image is. In the future, maybe include screenshots including BW graphics if you include BW Pack in the title.
I don't believe you understand that this is a resource pack containing various BW resources. It is not supposed to be a complete overhaul of Pokémon Essentials.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2012
Hey, I'm sort of new to all of this, but what I'm looking for are overworld pokemon sprites to use in RPG Maker XP. Does anyone know a link that will let me download and use them?

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
McMike- Firstly, you're better off making a new topic to ask something like that, rather than in here, where it's not related. However, I have all the gens' overworld sprites, but you'll have to format them for RPG Maker yourself (not hard, tedious at worst). If you want them, send me a PM.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Which Essentials did you try this with? I thought I'd fixed all that.
I think I'm still using 4.0 due to massive edits to the engine. I could upgrade, but I foresee a lot of conflicts between the engine and the way it looks on my game now, and the latest Essentials. Any idea what you did to fix this? It might be worth me emulating it. Otherwise, I think it may be worth upgrading. Or attempting to.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I think I'm still using 4.0 due to massive edits to the engine. I could upgrade, but I foresee a lot of conflicts between the engine and the way it looks on my game now, and the latest Essentials. Any idea what you did to fix this? It might be worth me emulating it. Otherwise, I think it may be worth upgrading. Or attempting to.
I think it was just the def adjustBattleSpriteYEx in PokemonSprite. I'm not sure whether the sprite coordinates dotted around PokeBattle_ActualScene were also changed, but I half-think they weren't.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
NoMethodError

Hello
I've added everything from the packet into my Pokemon Essential.
Only if I, as a wild Pokemon eg a Snivy select. Then you will see this error message.

What should I do?

Sorry for my bad English.

Exception:NoMethodError
PokemonUtilities:1246:in ´pbSeenForm
PokeBattle_Battle:479:in ´pbSetSeen`
PokeBattle_Battle:594:in ´pbStartBattleCore`
PokeBattle_Battle:505:in ´pbStartBattle`
PokemonField:827:in ´pbWildBattle´
PokemonField:826:in ´pbSceneStandby´
PokemonField:828:in ´pbWildBattle´
PokemonField:825:in ´pbBattleAnimation´
PokemonField:825:in ´pbWildBattle´
PokemonField:1232:in ´pbBattleOnStepTaken´

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
I need to insert some text here.
Hello
I've added everything from the packet into my Pokemon Essential.
Only if I, as a wild Pokemon eg a Snivy select. Then you will see this error message.

What should I do?

Sorry for my bad English.

Exception:NoMethodError
PokemonUtilities:1246:in ´pbSeenForm
PokeBattle_Battle:479:in ´pbSetSeen`
PokeBattle_Battle:594:in ´pbStartBattleCore`
PokeBattle_Battle:505:in ´pbStartBattle`
PokemonField:827:in ´pbWildBattle´
PokemonField:826:in ´pbSceneStandby´
PokemonField:828:in ´pbWildBattle´
PokemonField:825:in ´pbBattleAnimation´
PokemonField:825:in ´pbWildBattle´
PokemonField:1232:in ´pbBattleOnStepTaken´
Solving an error
Step 1: Start a new game.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2012
this pack is all GIF images... how can i use it for game?
when i replace the battlers folder with these GIF, game is not working anymore...
please tell me how to use it... thanks so much...

p/s: my english is not good... so sr

Years
I wonder if there is a way to make battlers move all the time (also when using moves), and only stop when Pokemon is asleep, frozen, or has just fainted. Now they only move, when they're waiting for player to choose which move they're supposed to use.

Seth Pegasus

Creator of Pokemon: The Conspiracy.
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2021
First of all, great pack you have here. But I too have a problem with importing the gifs to rpg maker xp. They are in the game folder but they don't show up in rpg maker. Do I need some special script for gifs to work?

Seth Pegasus

Creator of Pokemon: The Conspiracy.
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2021
First of all, great pack you have here. But I too have a problem with importing the gifs to rpg maker xp. They are in the game folder but they don't show up in rpg maker. Do I need some special script for gifs to work?
Never mind, I figured it out. It turns out I had the wrong gifs in the folder. silly me:)

this pack is all GIF images... how can i use it for game?
when i replace the battlers folder with these GIF, game is not working anymore...
please tell me how to use it... thanks so much...

p/s: my english is not good... so sr
I'm not sure what you did but this is what I did.

I went to my game folder, went to graphics and deleted the battlers folder.
I then went to the Ultimate BW Pack and copied the battlers folder.
I then went back to my game folder, went to graphics and pasted the new battlers folder.
Mine seem to be working just fine, they are animated and I have no problems with transparency.

Make sure you downloaded the latest update for Ultimate BW Pack.
If you keep having problems, you may have to restart your game.

I hope this helps you.

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
The pack is nearing completion. I finally got the sprites positioned correctly. Here's a preview of whatr you can expect:

animated_sprites_essentials_v2_by_p_sign-d55x3zv.gif

@Mackoo
I don't know how to do that yet. I think it has to do with the sprites not updating when performing an action like using a move or switching out. Maybe I'll look at that.

@Seth Pegasus and heisadog
You don't have to import them via RPG Maker, just copying them in the game's folder is enough ;)

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
That looks pretty swag. ^^

I'll be honest, because of the mis-numbering issue which was mentioned above and that this hadn't been updated for the new form names/gender differences, etc I was considering finding replacements, but if you're still working on this, I'll hold out. c:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
It looks nice, but the huge back sprites certainly don't lend themselves to double battles. There's also the (rather important, actually) issues with other places the sprites are shown, in most of which they'll be too big (I'm thinking of the Pokédex and storage).

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
That looks pretty swag. ^^

I'll be honest, because of the mis-numbering issue which was mentioned above and that this hadn't been updated for the new form names/gender differences, etc I was considering finding replacements, but if you're still working on this, I'll hold out. c:

Thanks for the feedback, the numbering issue is probably fixed right now and the formes are added today (see the video below). Gender differences haven't been added and I'm not sure if I will add them in the future since I'm unable to batch process the file names.

It looks nice, but the huge back sprites certainly don't lend themselves to double battles. There's also the (rather important, actually) issues with other places the sprites are shown, in most of which they'll be too big (I'm thinking of the Pokédex and storage).
True. It isn't a very big deal with most of the sprites, but sprites like Charizard, Zapdos and more big Pokémon like these tend to go outside the boxes on the Pokedex screen or even go off-screen. I am thinking about how to fix this though. The only idea I have at the moment is using static sprites for the menus and animated for the battle scenes. Got to figure out how I should edit the scripts in Essentials first.

Well, I have worked on the kit today and I am pleased to say that all formes but the B2W2 ones have been added. The B2W2 ones show some errors, I guess that's due to the .gif files being corrupted, so I have to look that up tomorrow. Aside from that, it's an enormous step to the final release of this kit, Ultimate BW Pack 7.

Here's a video that shows the new forms:

Also, should I add B2W2 content? I'd like to hear your opinions on this.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
First of all, really thanks for the Ultimate BW pack. I think that making the boxes slighty bigger could help (but I do not know if this possible without making new graphics) and yes, I would love B2W2 contents
Sorry for my english

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Love the remix song, sprites look great too. I'm fine with not adding gender differences visually, but would we not at least need to include duplicate files with the names corrected? As it stands, if I encounter a female pokemon that would normally be gender differenced, it looks for (arbitrary number) 27f.gif rather than 27.gif, and that causes it to revert to the static sprite.

korjamer

Pixel Artist
Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2016
Yes! I would love to see Black 2 and White 2 content! Good luck fixing what is wrong with the sprites from them though. You are doing a really great job on this. Keep up the great work P-Sign!

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
pokemon_essentials_ulitmate_bw_pack_7_by_p_sign-d572hbp.png

It's finally here!
Pokémon Essentials Ultimate BW Pack 7 adds the remaining animated sprites to the pack. Different forms now work and the backsprites are resized and positioned correctly. The perspective of these work too.

ULTIMATE BW PACK 7 FOR POKEMON ESSENTIALS 7+
--------------------------------------------

If used, please give credit to:
P-Sign
Clowcardruler
Maruno
Venom12
FL .

This pack contains:
-All Animated Black and White sprites
-All Black and White overworld sprites
-All Black and White cries
-All Black and White icons
-All Black and White music
-Updated pokemon.txt with 649 Pokemon
-Updated moves.txt to include Black and White moves (effects won't work)
-Updated abilities.txt to include Black and White abilities (effects won't work)

How to install this package:
1. Delete the Graphics/Battlers folder of your project.
2. Backup the PBS files in case you have made any edits to them.
3. Copy the Audio, Graphics and PBS folder in the Ultimate BW Pack folder to your projects folder. Overwrite all existing sprites.
4. Congrats, the files have been succesfully copied.

DOWNLOAD HERE:

[link]

Back