• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
This information drought is making me concerned with the game's development. They may be taking there time revealing things, but they seem to be hiding lots of things.

I'm worried that the game could be released unfinished in time for October, as things like the ugly looking over world make me concerned with the game. Plus, with the fact that I didn't care for Gen 5 as a whole has made be rather wary of this new title.

Honestly...I don't really blame you in the slightest for having these concerns. I suppose, for myself, I remain kind of an optimist, because I have good hopes that there might be more positive turnouts for these games than negatives, but of course, I can be wrong. What I worry the most here is the Gen 6 Pokemon designs, but honestly, I feel that's kind of a natural thing, really. Back when Gen 5 was released, I had the same feelings, so nothing has really changed between my feelings for this generation and how I felt back when we speculated for Gen 5.

I can definitely understand how gen 5 would make someone more or less wary of these games. .___. Gotta admit, I wasn't really fond of the Gen 5 games myself, but still, my optimism tells me that these are new games, with new features, with new things to look forward to, yeah? ^^; At least, that's the way I look at it.

I also feel the same way, gen 5 seemed to lack luster compared to gen 4 & 3 (and remakes of 2 &1), though that may be my own fault for getting my hopes too high. I'm actually lowering my expectations this time around.

Now I hope this issue also has info on new Pokémon so we can get a better idea on the overall design/look of this generation.

See, this is why Gen V is by far the most controversial generation in the series since Gen III, because everyone's so polarized about the changes made. Because of this, there's still no modern gen that will dethrone Gen II as the best gen in the series. And this is why I hope Gen VI is less polarized and dethrone Gen II already, because this could determine the fate of the Pokemon franchise as a whole and how we, the fans, are responsible to the series' possible demise.

Years
Don't want to sound odd but as I will need to buy a 3DS for this, do we think it will be possible to trade Pokemon from my White on my DSI to my X or Y copy on my 3DS via wi-fi?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Don't want to sound odd but as I will need to buy a 3DS for this, do we think it will be possible to trade Pokemon from my White on my DSI to my X or Y copy on my 3DS via wi-fi?
Trade? No.

Import as in D/P/P/HG/SS to B/W/B2/W2? Yes.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
See, this is why Gen V is by far the most controversial generation in the series since Gen III, because everyone's so polarized about the changes made. Because of this, there's still no modern gen that will dethrone Gen II as the best gen in the series. And this is why I hope Gen VI is less polarized and dethrone Gen II already, because this could determine the fate of the Pokemon franchise as a whole and how we, the fans, are responsible to the series' possible demise.

I can't speak for the rest but my opinion on gen 5 is mostly due to it having been hyped up as a giant change to the franchise which got my hopes up, in the end it was the same. Gen 5 is alright though, I don't hate nor love it. Now I think gen 3 could've dethrone gen 2 as it had some big changes both mechanically (abilities, and Iv's) and story focus wise had it not been for the water as most seem to criticise Hoenn on the water...and lack of transfer from gen 2, other than that it gets good reviews compared to Sinnoh and Unova, of course that may just be my bias speaking xD.

I hope we get gen 2 & 3 grade changes aka new types (fairy?)and new mechanics (bond system?), link with gen 5, and a good balance of land and water (and maybe add sky?), oh and a different take on the plot.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I can't speak for the rest but my opinion on gen 5 is mostly due to it having been hyped up as a giant change to the franchise which got my hopes up, in the end it was the same. Gen 5 is alright though, I don't hate nor love it. Now I think gen 3 could've dethrone gen 2 as it had some big changes both mechanically (abilities, and Iv's) and story focus wise had it not been for the water as most seem to criticise Hoenn on the water...and lack of transfer from gen 2, other than that it gets good reviews compared to Sinnoh and Unova, of course that may just be my bias speaking xD.

Nothing wrong about it being the same, because it means it already has a working formula. Just look at the other long-running franchises whose recent games were criticized for not staying true to its roots (Resident Evil 6, Banjo Kazooie Nuts 'n' Bolts, etc.). Gen III was criticized for more than just the water routes and lack of transfer from Gen 2, and Cerberus87 said it best. Beware of bias, as you'll be discredited as a respected user.

That said, I hope the same thing doesn't happen with XY, because now that Mewtwo's new forme exists, I fear it'll be worse.

Years
Everyone has bias but that's another topic for another day in another thread xD.

I don't think Mewtwo will ruin the generation for me, but it certainly has created another base breaker out of this generation thus far...hopefully the base won't break further from here.

blue

gucci
Years
I never really bother with the legendaries, I catch them but I just box them after that so it doesn't bother me. Besides in comparison to past formes, I actually like Mewtwo's new forme.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Same here really. The forme is just one thing, and judging by the starters we're in for something awesome this generation.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Honestly if anything if there was a more accessible way for Hidden Grottos to be included so we could get Dream World abilities without having to deal with using the Dream World (or if they just reset faster) I'd be happy. I don't like having to rely on playing tedious minigames to get the better abilities for Pokémon I want to use. I'd still prefer them to just be found in the wild, but I sadly doubt that would ever come to fruition.

Things would be a lot easier if we could just access the Dream World from our systems via WiFi instead of being required to hunt down a computer (although it would still be nice to have the option to do so for the larger screen…maybe there can be a Wii U Dream World game/app?)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Things would be a lot easier if we could just access the Dream World from our systems via WiFi instead of being required to hunt down a computer (although it would still be nice to have the option to do so for the larger screen…maybe there can be a Wii U Dream World game/app?)
Since the games are designed to be played with a mouse, I'll say no...

Cyclone

Years
Actually a great deal of the games in DW seem like they could work on the Ds (and 3Ds), so I they could add them in, or make new mini games similar to the Pokétholon's for Dream Pokémon.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I actually think part of the reason they put the DW stuff on a PC is for one simple reason: if they had tried to cram them into the game directly, it would mean less game. For instance, scratch Challenger's Cave and the White Treehollow/Black equivalent.

Cyclone

Years
No offense to anyone who's fond of Dream World, but honestly, it can just die in a fire. Even if it was put in the games, I feel it wasn't....really put together effectively in anyway. .____.; I mean, I get the general gist of it and how it might've been exciting for some, I suppose, but it just lost its luster for me. I don't get why DW was the only place in which you can grow berries, I don't understand why DW was the only place where you could effectively catch people would Dream World abilities (and forget it if you have a slow connection, DW is just out of the question), and it's just...really inconvenient and frustrating, although I digress.

Do you mind clarifying on this? From what I'm understanding, it seems that you're wanting an animated trailer for the games, in which I wouldn't mind this at all, really. o: Would be a pretty cool thing to see~
yes thats what i ment to say.
the one of black and white was awesome!

Years
No offense to anyone who's fond of Dream World, but honestly, it can just die in a fire. Even if it was put in the games, I feel it wasn't....really put together effectively in anyway. .____.; I mean, I get the general gist of it and how it might've been exciting for some, I suppose, but it just lost its luster for me. I don't get why DW was the only place in which you can grow berries, I don't understand why DW was the only place where you could effectively catch people would Dream World abilities (and forget it if you have a slow connection, DW is just out of the question), and it's just...really inconvenient and frustrating, although I digress.

Do you mind clarifying on this? From what I'm understanding, it seems that you're wanting an animated trailer for the games, in which I wouldn't mind this at all, really. o: Would be a pretty cool thing to see~
Lol I don't like it nor hate it, all I'm saying is that they could've put the DW stuff into the game itself rather than outside of it. However Cyclone is right in that they proably did it to save space in the increasingly over crammed DS game. With the movement to the 3DS that opens up more space, it other words we may see something similar in the main game instead of outside of it. Also who knows they could always make DW DLC...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly I guess I wouldn't mind if they integrated the Dream World into the new games with it directly on the cartridge, but I agree with Derk: Let it burn in a fire and never return.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Honestly I guess I wouldn't mind if they integrated the Dream World into the new games with it directly on the cartridge, but I agree with Derk: Let it burn in a fire and never return.

They should add more pokemon with Drizzle and Drought, yes?

But seriously. I hope they never do something like that again. At this point though they kind of..."need" dream world since all previous pokemon have abilities from there. Unless, of course, they're just content with providing up to three abilities naturally.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I think Hidden Grotos would be substituted by Secret Bases in the Remakes.. as for the DW, they could carry it on but for how long? I just say let the DW abilities be randomly generated on wild Pokemon.

Yeah…maybe Hidden Grottoes could be spread randomly across Hoenn in some of the places that you used to be able to create Secret Bases such that they would be more easily discoverable and could be turned into Secret Bases, causing the Pokémon that were inside to flee to other Hidden Grottoes. There could even be a continuum between Hidden Grottoes and Secret Bases because of how animals take human settlements back over after a long period of disuse—i.e.: Secret Bases could turn into Hidden Grottoes if you vacated them or hadn't visited them for a while, forcing you to recreate your Secret Base either there or somewhere else, depending on how you felt.)

Not like that's really Earth-shattering...

Off-Topicish: Don't you mean Pokéarth-shattering? (…okay, never mind; that was…bad, to say the least?)

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
My stance on the DW: it's boring, but it brings certain mechanics into the game (Join Avenue customers! Berries not found in the games anywhere! Special abilities!) that you don't get otherwise. That's the only reason I ever connect to it, basically hoping a great Pokémon I can use now or in Gen. VI (I guess after the E4 unfortunately) shows up, and then water the Garden of Eating (pronounce: Eden) and water everyone else's so I can level up my Pokémon in their dreams. Which is a benefit to sitting through 45 minutes of the same games every day. Especially if a Pokémon is a weak fighter and you just want to level it to evolve.

Off-Topicish: Don't you mean Pokéarth-shattering? (…okay, never mind; that was…bad, to say the least?)
I provide many a groan.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
They should add more pokemon with Drizzle and Drought, yes?

The door is that way. You may show yourself out c;

I feel like there's better ways to integrate the Dream World features into the games though. Have a way for the hidden abilities to show up naturally (In the wild, Hidden Grottos, breeding). Let Berries make a glorious come back. With all the 3DS online features, there has to be a better way for to have people pop up in stuff like Join Avenue (if it even makes a return). They have a bunch of options I'd rather see before having anything to do with the Dream World again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back