• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Advanced Map Problem

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
Years
I am hacking Fire Red and created two new maps that connect to each other. I can access the route fine, but once I do, I can't get back to town, leaving the player stuck in the route. Everything in the map connections is all good, so not sure why this happens. Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. The getting stuck happens when playing.,A-map throws no errors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
This isn't the hacking section, this is for fangame development. You might want to get onto the ROM hacking section.

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
Years
This isn't the hacking section, this is for fangame development. You might want to get onto the ROM hacking section.

Sorry about that. The Pokemon threads in here threw me off. Could someone move this to the appropriate forum please?

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Well, I'm not a moderator here, so I can't move this thread. You could go ask Marin or Logan or someone. Anyway, good luck to you for your game!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
You need to set the map connection from both maps, are you sure you did that?

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
Years
You need to set the map connection from both maps, are you sure you did that?

Yes I did. I'll post a YouTube video showing what happens. Give me a minute.

Here it is.

Link if in forum player is broken: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfmJAB8udFY

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Yea, as far as I can see that seems fine to me...

Maybe it's a flaw of Advancemap 1.95, to be safe you could better use 1.92 as it seems to be a more stable release. I never had a problem like yours in 1.92.

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
Years
Yea, as far as I can see that seems fine to me...

Maybe it's a flaw of Advancemap 1.95, to be safe you could better use 1.92 as it seems to be a more stable release. I never had a problem like yours in 1.92.

I will try that and get back to you.

Tried it in 1.92 and same thing.

Last edited:

Jakob99

Worlds greatest trainer.
Years
Alright, I got this problem solved, at least in POKéMON Emerald. So here's what I was doing. When I was creating the map to connect to another map that I had made, I would save it to the same "folder" as that one. For example, the existing map is 34.1, I would insert the other custom made map as 34.2, so when I connected them and then entered into the new map, I would get trapped in the map as the game would think the new map was a building interior.

To solve this, instead of saving the map as 34.2, I saved it as 35.1, connected it and 34.1, and it worked! I did not get trapped nor did I have to leave a signpost reminding trainers to have a POKéMON with FLY before entering.

I hope this helps anyone out experiencing a similar issue.

Back